The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust for 991 S models. Coming soon!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust for 991 S models. Coming soon!

For 991 Carrera S and 4S owners who are looking to improve the power and sound of their Porsche, AWE Tuning is proud to announce the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Carrera S SwitchPath™ Exhaust.

Coming soon to a 991 Carrera S and 4S near you. To be the first to know when it's ready to go, head to our website and sign up for our notification email.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 09-18-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
This sounds great! Will it work with factory PSE button already installed in the car?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Yes, the PSE button will be used to toggle between Track and Touring modes for the exhaust on vehicles equipped with PSE.

On non-PSE vehicles, the valve will work automatically.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Why just the S?

ChuckJ

Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor
The muffler and tip designs differ from S to non-S models, requiring the non-S cars to have their own design and R&D process.

A separate solution for non-S models may be something that we look into in the future.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Thanks. I knew they were different and glad you may consider later.

ChuckJ

Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 AM
dr bit is infamous around these parts
In the clip sounds great.

I tried to subscribe for having news about this exhaust in the website, but couldn't find how.
What will be the price for this part?
Do you have any photos of it?
What's the gain regarding weight and HP?

My car will have PSE, what would be the difference in sound if I add AWE?

Last edited by dr bit; 09-19-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dr bit
In the clip sounds great.

I tried to subscribe for having news about this exhaust in the website, but couldn't find how.
What will be the price for this part?
Do you have any photos of it?
What's the gain regarding weight and HP?

My car will have PSE, what would be the difference in sound if I add AWE?
Hey Doctor,

If you would, PM me your email address and I will make sure that you receive a notification when it becomes available.

Pricing has not been 100% set yet, and will be announced within the next few weeks when the product has been fully launched.

I do have photos, and I will be adding them slowly to this thread. The first shot will be added early next week.

In terms of weight and HP, the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust weighs 7.5lbs less than the piece that it replaces. Power gains also will be announced when the system is fully launched, and they are quite impressive.

Our test vehicles were equipped with PSE and we found the system to be slightly louder than stock when PSE is in it's default mode featuring a much more tuned sound. The video above was filmed with PSE in Sport mode.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 09-19-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
My email is hectorbitar@gmail.com

Does it work with PSE button in the console?

Thanks

Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the email address Dr!

Yes, the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust is designed to retain all PSE functionality including console button operation.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Could you tell the difference in sound compared to a similar FVD or Cargraphic Exhaust?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dr bit
Could you tell the difference in sound compared to a similar FVD or Cargraphic Exhaust?
I have not heard either the Cargraphic or FVD in person, so let me preface this by saying that I am basing my evaluation solely on videos.

From the video, it seems that the AWE Tuning SwitchPath has a deeper tone than the Cargraphic unit. In terms of overall volume, I really can't tell from their video.

In the FVD video, their system appears to be louder than ours. From the looks of it, the FVD kit includes new cats and headers, which ours does not and would certainly explain the volume.

Again, this is all from the videos and not from personal experience.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks so much, please send me all the info and photos to my email.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
No problem! As more info becomes available, I will be sure to send it your way.