Light Design package without Keyless Entry and Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Light Design package without Keyless Entry and Start

Anyone aware if it is possible to order the Light design package as a stand alone option for C2/C2S...? I see it identified with it's own option code in various places.

On the configurator it seems to be only bundled with the Porsche Entry and Drive in the Premium Package Plus.. Although I believe I have seen it as a stand alone option on other models..

It isn't that I don't mind paying for the premium package plus, But I just really don't want the entry and drive at all... I have this on a Toyota SUV and I'd just rather not even have it and am finding it really annoying.. At best I just try to ignore it and use the button on the key to lock/unlock because the touching the handle and pausing always just seems slower and awkward than hitting just hitting the button on the key as approaching the car.. And to be honest the killer for me is that I don't really see the difference between sticking the key in the ignition and turning that lame plastic thing that doubles as a key..

Not trying to debate the Entry and Drive option, because I'm sure a lot of folks like it.. it's just I don't want and would hate to have to deal with it just get the cool interior LED light package...

Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I have the premium package plus, and to tell you the truth, I'm totally underwhelmed by the light design package. I don't really know what it's supposed to offer relative to the regular lighting but I can't imagine it's worth it unless you really want the entry and drive.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it's not a must have from what I have read... that's why I'm not willing to be stuck with the entry and drive (I keep wanting to call it keyless entry, but it is really just keyless ignition)..

It isn't well described but I found a thread on another site that went into detail. But there are some LEDs in the door pocket. Can't see them unless you stick your hand in, an overhead band that runs around the roof console, and I think lamp on the back of sun visor lamp, and something down in the footwell.. From what has been described it is nice to have but you can live without it..

Originally Posted by mtony
I have the premium package plus, and to tell you the truth, I'm totally underwhelmed by the light design package. I don't really know what it's supposed to offer relative to the regular lighting but I can't imagine it's worth it unless you really want the entry and drive.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
FWIW, the plastic key fob can be removed. The key slot will then function as normal by inserting the regular key.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if that was the case or not.. I guess it's good because where else am I going to put the key anyway..

Originally Posted by LotF
FWIW, the plastic key fob can be removed. The key slot will then function as normal by inserting the regular key.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
PPlus pk is got mainly for the entry & drive option. if u do not want that option, I would rather not get the PP+ and save some $$$

Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, of course that's my point.. That's why I'm surprised they bundled the light design package.. Apparently the light package was available as a stand alone option until somewhere in the 2013 model year, then it was removed...

Sure they are always going to bundle things to get you to take extra things you don't really want.. But in this case most people who possibly want the Light option (which is a relatively low cost option) won't because they aren't going to pay for the Keyless ignition options (a relatively expensive option). In the end they end up not selling a $500 option many would otherwise take..

For example When you take the 14 way seats you get immediately pushed into the premium package.. which makes you take the PDLS ... But you can still get PDLS without the 14 way seats.. Normally I think they tend to take the lower cost item in a bundle and make it available stand alone..(not always but sometimes).. Seat Heaters are another example that are available with and without being bundled...

Originally Posted by mas8002mi
PPlus pk is got mainly for the entry & drive option. if u do not want that option, I would rather not get the PP+ and save some $$$

Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
You should be able to get it. Isn't this mainly a US thing, the packages? Talk to your dealer, I'm sure there is some code he can bring up to exclude one and include another. If not, have him create a new one. :-)

Old 09-20-2013, 04:14 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
You should be able to get it. Isn't this mainly a US thing, the packages? Talk to your dealer, I'm sure there is some code he can bring up to exclude one and include another. If not, have him create a new one. :-)
that's def not possible. I had to get the PP+ pk just for the entry & drive option. it was not possible to get that alone.