Current Porsche loan rates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Current Porsche loan rates?

Can get 1.99 through USAA right now. Anybody get something similar through there dealer recently? Ill take that in with me to see if they can match it but just wanted to check the forum for recent experiences. Car looks like it's a few weeks early.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Can get 1.99 through USAA right now. Anybody get something similar through there dealer recently? Ill take that in with me to see if they can match it but just wanted to check the forum for recent experiences. Car looks like it's a few weeks early.

why don't you go to penfed and get .99%?

https://www.penfed.org/

Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by frank69m
why don't you go to penfed and get .99%?

https://www.penfed.org/
I can use usaa because father is retired military. Does pen fed work the same way or do I need to be military to use them?

Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Dealer will be able to beat it through one of their lenders but probably not through Porsche. Financial.

It goes like this. The F&I guy will ask your rate. He will say he can beat it. He will run your credit and assuming you are top tier will essentially "buy" the loan for 1.5 or so and "sell" it to you for 1.69. All dealers work this way, and the spread could be more or less, but it's up to you to decide if you want your credit run again and if you would rather do business with USAA. I have had everything through USAA for many years, if you ask USAA for a lower rate, they may match it, they have done it for me, but I have great history with them.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:26 PM
I can use usaa because father is retired military. Does pen fed work the same way or do I need to be military to use them?
All you need is to donate a small fee. I forget, like $20, then you can become a member. It's real easy.

Although, because your father was in the military...I think you can get membership automatically.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:50 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Penfed is only up to $70k.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM
rwh
rwh is infamous around these parts
Navy Fed CU is 1.79 to 48 months, 1.99 to 70 months

Old 09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Penfed is only up to $70k.

Well. If you can't afford to put down 30 or 40k, then you probably have no business driving a 100k+ car :-)

Old 09-25-2013, 06:12 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
I dont agree. Follow your passions.

Always.

Dont listen to anybody.

Drive it while you're young enough.

Go for it.

Hammer it and with its sound, cover the voices of the people who told you that you couldn't, or shouldn't.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by ale70
I dont agree. Follow your passions.

Always.

Dont listen to anybody.

Drive it while you're young enough.

Go for it.

Hammer it and with its sound, cover the voices of the people who told you that you couldn't, or shouldn't.
I've always said, within reasons and priority. If I had 200k in the bank am 60 years old and that is it and no other assets, do I go an buy a 991 Turbo S and let Uncle Sam finance my retirement? There is a reason why 1/2 of the over 60 year olds don't have anything for retirement....

Sorry for moving this to a different topic...... We can resume the normal finance rate topic :-) Just venting...

Old 09-25-2013, 06:32 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Understood your point. Maybe i've been lucky. But when i was young i wasted so much money on crazy vehicle and now that im half way there, im glad i did it. I always thought that by risking something more, i'd put all of myself into my job.

No offense to anybody obviously!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by frank69m
Well. If you can't afford to put down 30 or 40k, then you probably have no business driving a 100k+ car :-)
Direct your comment to the OP...not me....he doesnt sound familiar with Penfed so I was merely offering him some info.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I could pay cash for the car but with rates this low that's crazy. Ill see what the dealer can do but will probably stay with usaa since I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
+1...

I love how people like to spew their assessment of others financial condition and what they think someone else should and shouldn't do..

.. your thoughts are like mine.. Could do a wire transfer but with fixed rates as low as they have been why bother....

Thanks for the info. I could pay cash for the car but with rates this low that's crazy. Ill see what the dealer can do but will probably stay with usaa since I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited by scatkins; 09-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:03 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I recently got 1.3% through USAA. Had to put around 20% down and set up automatic payments to get that rate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Current Porsche loan rates?