Smoking package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
I'm happy that I got the smoker's package as well. I keep some spare change in there, use the outlet to connect the battery tender, and can close it when I'm out driving for a cleaner center console look.

In my experience it's almost inevitable that any nook like that tray will end up with dust and junk in it, and being able to close it also means it will collect dust more slowly and I don't have to see the mess - beyond just having the cleaner center console line.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Wailer is infamous around these parts
Anyone wishing they had the open cubby instead of the smoking package? I don't care about the extra outlet, I'm just looking for a place to hide my radar detector controls. I'd gladly swap!

Old 03-04-2016, 11:34 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
Name:  image-990314801.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  427.5 KB

Where else would you keep this?

Old 03-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Exactly! That looks like a 9500ci (blue). I have a STiR+ (red) and the ALP controls that I will be running separately as well. The STiR detector can be integrated into the ALP system, but you lose some of the STiR's great features. Like automatic lockouts, which is a big deal to me. It quiets the system significantly, as you well know. I had a 9500ci in my 987 and LOVED IT! I sent Suncoast an email asking how much for the smoking package but haven't heard back yet. If it's like most things PORSCHE, it'll probably be an arm and a leg!

Last edited by Wailer; 03-05-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:02 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I think smoking package is about $209, then additional to install.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU9X1ASHY.html

check out these posts

http://rennlist.com/forums/991/92135...kit-cover.html

and you can contact Nick for advice or he may know someone in FL to help you with your install

http://rennlist.com/forums/991/91661...er-system.html

hope this helps

Old 03-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Thanks! After looking at it I'm not sure there's room for both controllers. The ALP controller is slightly larger than the Bel. Maybe I can figure a way to do a mashup of the cubby and the smoking package that will eliminate the socket. Nothing is ever simple! But that's the fun of DIY!

Old 03-05-2016, 12:23 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Now there's a scary thought: bumping around the sky and losing your lighted cigarette on the floor of the airplane under your seat!!!

ChuckJ
I have been flying for 26 years and have not heard of a pilot or pax smoking a cigarette in a GA aircraft. There is nothing that will get your attention quicker than an inflight fire. It is the worst emergency there is.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:45 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I have been flying for 26 years and have not heard of a pilot or pax smoking a cigarette in a GA aircraft. There is nothing that will get your attention quicker than an inflight fire. It is the worst emergency there is.
Yes always makes me laugh to see a cigarette lighter in an old C152, yet in those days it wasn't there for plugging in a gps.. Problem is as I see it as I always need two hands for flying lol..