Smoking package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Smoking package?

I haven't opted for the smoking package so far.. In some ways I kinda like the little cubby as a place to stick change etc..

I know folks say they like the extra power port it provides, but there is already one in the glove box and under the center console. So a third doesn't seem to be all that necessary..

But I'm wondering what the "ashtray" looks like when open.. Anyone have a picture of what it looks like when open? If it doesn't look hideous open maybe I might just add it and still use it as my catchall...

Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
My car has the storage space instead of the smoking package. It seems really useless for me. It's tiny (maybe 2" x 2") and too shallow to hold anything other than loose change. I'd rather opt for the smoking package just because it looks much cleaner with the tray closed.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Personally, I prefer the look of the smokers package and that's the only reason I got it. Also, one of the lowest cost options - $0 - win win...

Old 09-27-2013, 01:03 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I get that and I suppose the look when closed is probably the yes or no factor...

Free option? lol STD's are free also..

Originally Posted by ae911
Personally, I prefer the look of the smokers package and that's the only reason I got it. Also, one of the lowest cost options - $0 - win win...

Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Here you go. I prefer it this way and like the small tray.

Attached Images   

Last edited by JamesKen; 09-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I think I like it that way too..

Originally Posted by JamesKen
Here you go. I prefer it this way and like the small tray.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:54 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Here's the ashtray both open and closed.

ChuckJ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashtray 1.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	727.8 KB
ID:	284971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashtray 2.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	284972  
Old 09-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Could you imagine ashing a cigarette right there? And then snuffing one out and letting it sit. Hahaha, gross!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:42 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I have the ashtray - perfect place for my coin change and you get an extra 12v outlet

Old 09-28-2013, 07:53 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Great to have in my opinion, as with it closed, just looks cleaner. Price is right. If you decide to get it later it will cost you about $600.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks!

Oh, that doesn't look too bad.. Maybe I do like that.. Sometimes ashtrays are so small that you can barely put any change in.. But that looks useful...

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Here's the ashtray both open and closed.

ChuckJ

Old 09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Anyone tries to get into my new car with a lit cigarette... will next be found unconscious out in the middle of the California desert somewhere.. lol just saying

Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
Could you imagine ashing a cigarette right there? And then snuffing one out and letting it sit. Hahaha, gross!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM
A bit off topic but it cracks me up, I fly these 35 year old Cessnas (172's or 152') and they have ash trays and cigarette lighters.. And they weren't power ports in the 70's for your GPS..

Could never quite imagine flying around at 10,000 feet (which gets you a little hypoxic anyway so puffing on a cigarette can't make it any better) with a cigarette in my mouth..

I'm always dropping things on the floor anyway.. So having something burning that you can't find and rolling under the seat.. Can't exactly pull over to the side of the road is a little frightening.

Originally Posted by scatkins
Anyone tries to get into my new car with a lit cigarette... will next be found unconscious out in the middle of the California desert somewhere.. lol just saying

Old 09-28-2013, 02:24 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
A bit off topic but it cracks me up, I fly these 35 year old Cessnas (172's or 152') and they have ash trays and cigarette lighters.. And they weren't power ports in the 70's for your GPS..

Could never quite imagine flying around at 10,000 feet (which gets you a little hypoxic anyway so puffing on a cigarette can't make it any better) with a cigarette in my mouth..

I'm always dropping things on the floor anyway.. So having something burning that you can't find and rolling under the seat.. Can't exactly pull over to the side of the road is a little frightening.
Now there's a scary thought: bumping around the sky and losing your lighted cigarette on the floor of the airplane under your seat!!!

ChuckJ

Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 AM
MikeDi is infamous around these parts
I dont smoke but got the smokers package. I like the way it looks and you can still use it to put change in there while having a cover and extra power outlet. When I charge my phone I use the smoking outlet because I dont like the wire sticking out of the outlet in the console because the console cover doesn't close over the wire. The cost was right

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Smoking package?