Allstate Wont Insure Porsche Costing More than 100K USD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Have you tried Progressive? I have USAA for everything but my bike and sport boat and they wouldn't insure them so I tried Progressive. I've now had Progressive for several years and really like them... and they are not as expensive!

ChuckJ
Chuck- I guess I get a preferred rate with USAA. I have been with them for 43 years and have insured 63 cars with them during that time.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:55 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lrattner
Chuck- I guess I get a preferred rate with USAA. I have been with them for 43 years and have insured 63 cars with them during that time.
I too have been been with USAA for a while (46 years) and enjoy them for my 991 and my Energi. I also enjoy the annual saving plan and the senior discount. Total six month premium for the Porsche- $359.89 not including the annual rebate and annual senior program. They are the best, but just would't insure my electric motorcycle or Melges 24 sport boat.

ChuckJ

Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Zelig is infamous around these parts
I just got off the phone with State Farm and they will cover. I have been with Allstate since 1973 and they have gone downhill. For Sandy they treated customers horribly. State Farm will get all my business. Cars, home and umbrella policy. Allstate may not
care but it will make me feel better plus the discounts are better.

Will wait for Monday but I have a back up plan now. Your posts were very helpful. The dealer pre sold my M3 so if I couldn't get insurance for a special order it would have been a real mess.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Bacca911 is infamous around these partsBacca911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zelig
Thank you, this helps a lot. The wait was hard enough but this is rough. Anyone with Allstate New Jersey with a car over 100K?
yup I've got Allstate and had no problem insuring my car

Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Do you guys read the policies from Allstate, State Farm, GEICO, etc.? Some of the policies allow the companies to use non OE or remanufactured parts. Read/study your coverage carefully and do not just shop by price.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Bacca 911, was the MSRP more than 125K for your NJ Allstate car? I just called the toll-free number and they said that's the cut-off for "unacceptable" risk.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:18 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I would call another Allstate agent in your locale. You'd be surprised the difference in service between agent's offices.

As far as Progressive, one of George Soros' close buds owns it. Caveat Emptor.

It may in fact be a regional issue, or just attitude from your specific agent & office.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Final report. Allstate will cover the C2S because the actual purchase price was less than 125K. The MSRP was more than that and they balked due to that at first. They won't cover turbos is what I was told either. Anyway, made me spend the weekend shopping for another carrier. Liberty mutual is much cheaper but I have been with Allstate since 1973.

I'll pick up my new car today and just enjoy the ride. Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. Great to know we have folks like you to reach to with questions and concerns.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
MRC
MRC is infamous around these parts
I am with Allstate NJ. 2013 C4S $124,000 list. I live in Cherry Hill, NJ. Also another Porsche and two other cars under same policy