Allstate Wont Insure Porsche Costing More than 100K USD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Zelig is infamous around these parts
Allstate Wont Insure Porsche Costing More than 100K USD

I called Allstate to insure my new car and their underwriter said they won't insure a car for over a $100,000 USD. I have a perfect driving record, credit score and used them since 1973. My Allstate senior salesman will escalate on Monday. What a pain in the butt. Anyone ever heard of such nonsense?

Pre-traded an M3 that is sold already and the new 991 was a factory order. If this was an Amelia Island mega bucks car I might understand but not a higher end performance car.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:04 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Huh? I have my insurance with Allstate. Both my '13 C2S and '13 Panamera GTS are insured with them, and both cost significantly more than the $100K you mention. My latest renewal was within the past couple of months.

Something smells fishy.

DMoore
'13 C2S
'13 P-GTS

Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM
karelin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zelig
I called Allstate to insure my new car and their underwriter said they won't insure a car for over a $100,000 USD. I have a perfect driving record, credit score and used them since 1973. My Allstate senior salesman will escalate on Monday. What a pain in the butt. Anyone ever heard of such nonsense?

Pre-traded an M3 that is sold already and the new 991 was a factory order. If this was an Amelia Island mega bucks car I might understand but not a higher end performance car.

I just insured with Allstate a $140,000.00+ porsche. Great rate by the way.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 PM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
I also have Allstate and no such limitation.

Perhaps it is some sort of regional thing.

Maybe too much car theft of high end cars in the area.

Maybe they have too much exposure to high end cars in the area and want to moderate further exposure.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Me, too.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
My insurance company (Ameriprise) also wouldn't insure my past vehicles worth more than $100k until recently. I asked why and their response was I've been with them for so long and no accident so they took my history into consideration...

Old 09-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Zelig is infamous around these parts
Thank you, this helps a lot. The wait was hard enough but this is rough. Anyone with Allstate New Jersey with a car over 100K?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:24 PM
vjd3 is a glorious beacon of lightvjd3 is a glorious beacon of lightvjd3 is a glorious beacon of lightvjd3 is a glorious beacon of lightvjd3 is a glorious beacon of lightvjd3 is a glorious beacon of light
Might be related to Sandy. Lot of high dollar cars in the tri-state area were flooded.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
They wouldn't insure my GTC Speed or my Mclaren this year although I have been with them 20 years, have a good record, and have always previously insured my exotics. Went to State Farm.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 PM
CarreraS737 is infamous around these partsCarreraS737 is infamous around these parts
Hopefully they will come around.

I agree it may be regional (theft, weather, disaster, claims statistics, etc).

Maybe it's worth shopping around. I would think your credit history and excellent track record as a customer would influence their decision.

State Farm insured my 2013 C2S. No hassles, or questions. Like you, mine was highly optioned ($161K+ out the door w/ tax, tag, inspection fees).

Good Luck, and Congratulations. Looking forward to some pictures when you get a chance.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Same problem here. I have both of my other cars with Allstate (Audi A8L and Q7), but I had to go to Progressive for the C2S. Im based in NY.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
If you can qualify, I have found USAA to be the best insurance company you can get. My 991 costs me $1400 per year with $0 deductible. Never an issue about car value and insurance covers replacement.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Have you tried Progressive? I have USAA for everything but my bike and sport boat and they wouldn't insure them so I tried Progressive. I've now had Progressive for several years and really like them... and they are not as expensive!

ChuckJ

Old 09-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I used to have Progressive and liked them a lot but when I bought my Bentley Continental GTC, they told me they couldn't insure cars valued over $150K, so I reluctantly left them for Allstate.
If you are an active participant in club events, car shows, etc., try Hagerty. They normally insure classics but they will also insure limited-use (low miles/year) cars that are used for events as well as low-mileage daily use.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:53 AM
CarAholic is infamous around these partsCarAholic is infamous around these parts
Yea I am assuming it has to do with sandy but that is still bs, I could see if you were trying to ensure your veneno. I have geico and they were excellent my insurance actualy went down when I got my C2S from my M3. Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Allstate Wont Insure Porsche Costing More than 100K USD