How does Sports Exhaust System work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Porsche really made this new 991 PSE the best sounding Sport exhaust to date. I am sure there are some youtube videos to give you an idea of the sound. Better yet! Go down to your local dealership and test drive a car with one installed.

We currently have them listed online here:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=991SENGINEEXU

It really is a must have as you can read by other members impressions. Let me know if we can help you out.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
agreed! the new PSE is the best ever.

Also, I've heard a couple of aftermkt systems. They are different but not better IMO.
They are, however, lighter.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
So worth it!! It's my favorite feature and the first thing I think of every time I get in my car.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
As indicated, PSE is a MUST--- and if you are really into noise remove the side mufflers and do the Sharkwerks bypass pipes... your burbles/pops will become battle ship gun cannons.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vegasguy
My '14 P-Car is my 3rd C2S ('08 & '10), all of which had the Sport Chrono, I also had a '12 base C2, no Sport Chrono. Here are my personal observations concerning the Sport Chrono: I don’t see any need (for me) for the Sport Chrono, except for the Dynamic Engine Mounts. I believe the Sport Chrono is only worth it because the dynamic engine mounts are worth having, which is probably why ( in my opinion!) Porsche only sells them in the Sport Chrono Package and not as a separate option. I'm not much of a mechanic or technician, so I won't try to explain, but you might want to study this aspect of the SC package. I personally don’t use or need the Sport Plus or Launch Control (it’s simply not rational or prudent to use them on city streets and highways. On a track – certainly!) The standard sport mode turns on the PSE (a must have option) and PASM, which already provides for very "exciting driving experience."
I switch between sport and sport+ frequently . Sport+ has to be driven ( IMO) in manual mode! Chrono is also a must IMO unless you don't want sport+ and don't like the clock and dynamic mounts . IMO chrono and PSE are must haves!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM
MacAna is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I got PSE after a year as the car's birthday present. All I missed was a year of extra smiles and enjoyment, but I appreciate it more than if I had it from the start.
So you would be in the best position to answer the question:

Does the 991 with PSE installed (but set to the "off" position) sound exactly the same as a 991 without PSE installed?

Or does it sound different when off, as well as being much louder and more exciting when turned on?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I have the PSE and absolutely LOVE it! I wouldn't want it any louder, so no need (IMO) for an aftermarket, louder exhaust. I drive in Sport & Manual mode all the time and the downshifting & deceleration is as much fun as upshifting and acceleration.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 AM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
I agree with all those who have said that PSE is a must. The only time I drive without the PSE on is when I pull out of my garage at 6 am every morning. Wouldn't want to wake up all my kids (and neighbors) and cross my wife. I also think that SC is a must, particularly if you are getting a 7MT car. The rev matching in sport plus, combined with PSE, is just perfect.