Black Beauty gets a new Bra and Spa Treatment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 12:47 PM
black_991s is infamous around these parts
Black Beauty gets a new Bra and Spa Treatment

So, after discovering how terrible the paint jobs Porsche is producing from the factory, after purchasing my vehicle, I immediately decided to have Moe at Glistening Perfection do a Phase 2, Nano and Clear Bra (Xpel Ultimate).

I just wanted to say he did an exceptional job on my "black" (not Basalt black) 991s and we all know what a pain it is to keep black vehicles clean.

Here are the results. Technically, the pics are 2 weeks after he did the work, but I've been trying to keep it clean.

Note that the first picture was taken right after I picked up my vehicle. Note the terrible quality of factory Porsche paint...

Thanks for all your help Moe. You do fantastic work.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991roof.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	291461   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020839.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	291462   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020840.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	291463   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020841.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	291464   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	291466  

Last edited by black_991s; 10-19-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Looks great. I know you were in good hands with Moe. As always, looks like he did a fantastic job.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Moe is a star! Unfortunately, he's nowhere near TN but has always offered great advice and products to me over the years. Your car looks stunning! Congratulations!

Just a question, is the first pic really how the roof was when delivered? Are those swirls or wax? Looks like polish marks created by a machine polisher.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:17 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
That first picture indicates a terrible prep job by your dealer. Looks like damage from an automatic car wash with grit filled scrubbers.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey Haku and mtony, the picture an untouched vehicle. I asked the dealer NOT to wash it. I drove straight to Moe from the dealer. Moe did an initial wash so basically this picture is FACTORY FRESH from Porsche.

Embarrassing for a 100k+ car if you ask me :-) There were also a lot of factory white spots.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991roof.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	291485  
Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
^ wow I am surprised at the state your car was in at dealer delivery time.

I was at the dealership when my car came off the transporter from the port and after the plastic was removed the paintwork was flawless. I watched the dealer tech remove the plastic and prep the car at every stage and I drove off in a couple of hours. The car was rinsed and that is all it needed.

I would have thrown a fit and refused to accept the car if it mine was in the condition you show yours to be in.

Anyway your car now looks stunning! Enjoy!

Last edited by Haku; 10-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
Utterly gorgeous. B E A U T I F U L!!! Did you do a full wrap with the XPEL?

Old 10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
I was on my dealer's lot today and I was appalled how some of the cars looked. Every black car I saw had tons of "shine swirls" Don't they know better? Then I saw their car cleaning guys wiping a dusty car with a non-microfiber cloth and I understood why. Are the detailers fairly successful at removing those tiny swirls?

Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by C-MAN67
I was on my dealer's lot today and I was appalled how some of the cars looked. Every black car I saw had tons of "shine swirls" Don't they know better? Then I saw their car cleaning guys wiping a dusty car with a non-microfiber cloth and I understood why. Are the detailers fairly successful at removing those tiny swirls?
I had a detailer do a complete color correction on my wife's Z4 M Coupe. It had all those swirls,etc. After 17 hours of detailing, the car was absolutely perfect. So, yes it possible.

BTW- I have a black 991 and when I picked it up from the dealer (Champion Mtrs, Pompano Fl) the finish was flawless. They are very meticulous preparing the new cars. Their head detailer really knows his s---t. The problems with paint come more into play if you buy a car that has been sitting on the lot. Then the car jocks that move them around, also dry them off after a rain. That's when the major swirls start appearing on the finish.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by black_991s
So, after discovering how terrible the paint jobs Porsche is producing from the factory, after purchasing my vehicle, I immediately decided to have Moe at Glistening Perfection do a Phase 2, Nano and Clear Bra (Xpel Ultimate).

I just wanted to say he did an exceptional job on my "black" (not Basalt black) 991s and we all know what a pain it is to keep black vehicles clean.

Here are the results. Technically, the pics are 2 weeks after he did the work, but I've been trying to keep it clean.

Note that the first picture was taken right after I picked up my vehicle. Note the terrible quality of factory Porsche paint...

Thanks for all your help Moe. You do fantastic work.
Thank YOU for the opportunity to work on your 991...when you come back for your follow up phase 1, we'll take some great AFTER shots. Glad to see the nano doing a great job of keeping dirt off since it's been a few weeks. Now let's get those windows tinted

Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
As always great job, my car is jelous that you are cheating on it. !

Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Airportrat
As always great job, my car is jelous that you are cheating on it. !
Your's is the one that started it all for the 991s here at GP. She'll always have a special place in our studio Plus, she's here every six months to get her spa treatment. She's spoiled already

Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
BlackSpeed is infamous around these partsBlackSpeed is infamous around these parts
Wow your car looks great! As an OCD black car fan, I know the feeling all too well. I've been detailing all of my own cars for 15+ years and I do a great job of keeping them near flawless. It's a labor of love and never perfect, but I clearly see the difference when parked next to other "clean" black cars. Funny, when I just traded my 3 year old c63 in to the dealer, my car looked cleaner than any of the new cars

BTW, I find it impossible that your roof left the factory like that. Either someone at the dealer or the VPC did something (a horrible polish) to the roof. Do the 911s come factory wrapped on the roof? I'm thinking your roof had water spots or something and someone tried to polish them out. Either way, unacceptable for a new car $100+k or not.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Alpacker01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
Wow your car looks great! As an OCD black car fan, I know the feeling all too well. I've been detailing all of my own cars for 15+ years and I do a great job of keeping them near flawless. It's a labor of love and never perfect, but I clearly see the difference when parked next to other "clean" black cars. Funny, when I just traded my 3 year old c63 in to the dealer, my car looked cleaner than any of the new cars

BTW, I find it impossible that your roof left the factory like that. Either someone at the dealer or the VPC did something (a horrible polish) to the roof. Do the 911s come factory wrapped on the roof? I'm thinking your roof had water spots or something and someone tried to polish them out. Either way, unacceptable for a new car $100+k or not.
The thread starter's comment "terrible quality of factory Porsche" is too self hating for my taste. There is zero likelihood the car's roof was in that condition when it left the factory.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by C-MAN67
Utterly gorgeous. B E A U T I F U L!!! Did you do a full wrap with the XPEL?
Hey, if you can't tell...then that tells me what a good job it is :-)
It's only the hood, mirrors, front bumper.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Thank YOU for the opportunity to work on your 991...when you come back for your follow up phase 1, we'll take some great AFTER shots. Glad to see the nano doing a great job of keeping dirt off since it's been a few weeks. Now let's get those windows tinted
I may not bring it back for a phase 1 for a little while. It's still clean as black can be. Although I did notice a few flaws if you get real close.

Originally Posted by BlackSpeed

Well. I custom ordered my vehicle. I told the dealer not to touch it. Pull the tape off and give it to me. I took delivery that way and drove it straight to Moe. YES, that is how it came factory.

Originally Posted by Alpacker01
The thread starter's comment "terrible quality of factory Porsche" is too self hating for my taste. There is zero likelihood the car's roof was in that condition when it left the factory.
Like I said, I'm not hating. I'm telling you facts. I custom ordered the vehicle. The dealer didn't touch it as I saw the white tape and I drove it straight off the lot to Moe. He can tell you everything about it :-) There were also a number of white spots on the rear engine cover.

The reason why most of you guys don't see it is because you don't have black vehicles. If mine were Rhodium or GT Silver, it would be very very hard to see. I had a black Cayenne that had similar marks that came from the factory. yes...factory. Not as much as most were on the side door. Just giving you my facts and not hating Porsche. I guess you didn't hear about the "brown" dots issue :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Beauty gets a new Bra and Spa Treatment