2014 gt3?'s why did they call me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 AM
hova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the rough
2014 gt3?'s why did they call me

Talking to my dealer the other day and they informed me that they have 1 allocation left for a GT3 and that I could get on the list and have it by spring.

Do any of you guys think that reselling this car once delivered would be profitable? Not sure what the supply and demand will be like once the car starts to be delivered.

If I were to keep the car would it be wiser to wait until a later production or maybe a .2 version with updates?

I had no plans of buying one since I own a 2013 991s but now this seed is planted and iam thinking either I can make some money or own one of the baddest cars on the planet and sell my 991s.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Just my inexperienced 2p opinion.

I've got a GT3 on order for delivery sometime 2014.
I would not speculate on any current build car.
Sure the GT3 is special and may go for a premium but I would only get it if it feels right and you can risk a slight loss but assume you will loose money on it at resale. The upside is that it will be desirable in A1 condition and you MAY break even after a bit of use. Making money on it will be a bonus!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
i would take the car. I doubt you will profit however I think the downside is limited.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Don't forget you need to pay your state DMV and taxes for the vehicle. How much could you profit then?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
The GT3 caters to a niche market., So if you're getting it for the sole purpose of flipping, I would advise against it.

For that amount of money I would imagine that a potential buyer would want to option it to his / her exact specifications.

Selling an allocation is one thing, but moving the car after its purchase is quite another.

PS. If you do decide to go for it, be prepared to take a haircut on your 2013.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I would agree with what most people are saying. Generally speaking, getting a car like that expecting it to appreciate in value is a really gamble that only sometimes pays off.

BUT...considering there will only be 600 991 GT3's produced for the US market...this one might not be such a bad gamble. Time will tell...

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 10-23-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy
Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I would agree with what most people are saying. Generally speaking, getting a car like that expecting it to appreciate in value is a really gamble that only sometimes pays off.

BUT...considering there will only be 600 991 GT3's produced worldwide...this one might not be such a bad gamble. Time will tell...

600 GT3's ? Really ? If this is true ...
... and they sell the 911-50 as a limited edition

To the OP ... "for me" GT3 is king of the hill in the Porsche lineup, I've seen GT3 and Turbo in person, Turbo is an ugly carrera with lots of power and torque, GT3 is a monster (in a good way) ... so I ask you ... do you want one ... can you afford it ... if yes on both counts, GET IT !

Last edited by bccars; 10-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bccars
600 GT3's ? Really ? If this is true ...
... and they sell the 911-50 as a limited edition
Yup, according to Porsche there will be only 600 991 GT3's produced for the US market.

Keep in mind, there will still be the GT3RS and whatever other variant of the GT3 they feel like making (4.0, etc), but as far as standard GT3's go...yup, just 600 for the US market. (edited my original comment, didn't mean worldwide).

Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Yup, according to Porsche there will be only 600 991 GT3's produced for the US market. Keep in mind, there will still be the GT3RS and whatever other variant of the GT3 they feel like making (4.0, etc), but as far as standard GT3's go...yup, just 600 for the US market. (edited my original comment, didn't mean worldwide).
There's no production limit on the GT3. Maybe for the US market, but I very much doubt that.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Suzy991
There's no production limit on the GT3. Maybe for the US market, but I very much doubt that.

Suzy991 (iOS app)
We were told by Porsche that the total US allocation is only 600 cars. I guess we'll see....

Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
I think the chance of buying that car and flipping it for a profit is exactly 0.0%

Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
If you do decide to go for it, be prepared to take a haircut on your 2013.
Checked it for my 2013 991S already. 'haircut' is an understatement !!! Quite a few CPO'd 991's already out there at very competitive prices... Go for the GT3 if you like it, not for the money, you will not make it up for the depreciation hit on your current car, taxes and potential depreciation of the GT3.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
This is the first year that there will finally be a good amount of 991s available as CPO'd or left over deals for 2013 models they are trying to move. The GT3 will be no exception, the 1st year or so demand will be high and supply low - depreciation will be controllable. Once the initial orders are in and the LCI (refresh) comes out for the 991 you will inevitably see prices dive. As soon as all the variants are out (TT, TTS, RS) etc. depreciation becomes even more common place. My dealer used to have a lineup for the GT3 but I know that once I gave my spot no one has clamoured to grab it. Lots of deposits were in but many have been cancelled.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hova00
If I were to keep the car would it be wiser to wait until a later production or maybe a .2 version with updates?
I wouldn't wait for the .2 myself, maybe if it was due in a few months but not when the .1 hasn't even been released yet.
If you wait then the replacement 911 is just around the corner and you'll ask yourself the same question again. And then again because the .2 of that will be out in a few years, and so on and so forth..

I think it's a question of do you want one of the best sports car on the planet right now or do you want to wait three years and get roughly the same car then?

Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
You want good advice? forget it and keep your 991s.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 gt3?'s why did they call me