Missing fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:43 AM
tompablyfot is infamous around these parts
Missing fuse

I have checked the fuses in the left footwell where the fuse for the A/C and fan is located at the lower left side, 40amps. In according to the manual it should been a fuse in that position, row A no 1.
I was surprised when I found there was NO fuse and even more surprised when I noticed there was NO connection in the socket. Maybe it´s errors in the manual, but is not like the Germans. This needs for an explanation.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Any what exactly is this fuse supposed to be for?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Would need a wiring diagram to know.
It could be for a Cabriolet top or Burmester amp?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
It´s a Carrera S, coupe 2013. The fuse is supposed to work with the AC and fan. Is there anyone who also missing this fuse ?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tompablyfot
I have checked the fuses in the left footwell where the fuse for the A/C and fan is located at the lower left side, 40amps. In according to the manual it should been a fuse in that position, row A no 1.
I was surprised when I found there was NO fuse and even more surprised when I noticed there was NO connection in the socket. Maybe it´s errors in the manual, but is not like the Germans. This needs for an explanation.
Manual is full of inaccuracies. If your A/C works then I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:06 AM
That´s the problem. A/C and fan not working. The car is now at the dealership trying to fix it. If the A/C and fan is connected to another socket despite what the manual says, you can wonder how many other other fault there are in the manual. Can anyone in this forum check out there own fuse box if it´s a fuse in that position A ,1.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My 2013 911S has a large, orange 40 amp fuse in A1. Sorry about the quality of the picture. Couldn't get it to focus properly from up close.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0473.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	293373  

Last edited by mtony; 10-25-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the picture, it's looks like my fusebox. I thought the empty slot was the A1. I guess yours A/C is working OK so the fuse for this is maybe the upper left 40 Amp and the empty one is A3.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
The inside of the fusebox cover has a diagram for the fuse positions.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:37 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mtony
The inside of the fusebox cover has a diagram for the fuse positions.
You are right the Diagram does not match the position descriptions in the Manual (p243).
A1 as Lower Left, etc

However, I am also missing A3 per diagram (or A1 Lower Left, per manual).
The picture in the manual seems to show that fuse missing also.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:53 AM
I was a little conFUSEd when the A/C fan and heater was not working. I thought it was related to the missing fuse. It has now been fixed, It was some lose wires causing problems.