software updates to pcm/pdk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yonkers
I ran a Carfax on a 2012 C2S I'm currently trying to buy. It shows the WD09 update being done back in April 30 of this year. Can that be right? You guys are making it sound like it's a new update.
Afaik, the WD09 was available in April. So the above info is correct.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
EBMCS03 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Go123
The PDK update is WD09, the PCM update is 4.52

The PDK update provides less lag/hesitation and holds gears better in sport mode. The PCM update fixes some bugs with bluetooth and music.
Is there a way to check what my current PCM version is?

Old 11-30-2013, 04:19 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Spathiinc
Before you get too excited about PDK update WD09 improving performance, this is the official description of the update I got from Gunter at Porsche of Fremont:

PDK control unit
Information:
This is to inform you of a voluntary Workshop Campaign on the above-mentioned vehicles.
A shift rod movement at a shift gate that was not selected can be detected incorrectly on the affected vehicles due to a software error.
As a result, fault code “P1767 – Hydraulic multiplexer fault” can be stored in the fault memory of the PDK control unit and the PDK transmission can switch to the reduced driving programme until the ignition is switched off and on again.
To prevent this from happening, the PDK control unit on the affected vehicles will be re-programmed with an updated data record.
On vehicles with Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (I-no. 221), the updated data record was also used to optimize the adaptation behavior of the rear-differential lock.
Well my car was updated yesterday, picked it up and drove 110 miles home! Sadly I noticed no difference in the cars performance. I suspect Spathiinc is correct. I asked my service advisor what the update actually did and his response was " Porsche tells us nothing, like Apple when it does updates!" LOL

Old 11-30-2013, 06:35 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Is there a way to check what my current PCM version is?
Go to INFO then OPTIONS. Once there, you will see System Version. Touch it and the current version will be displayed.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:41 AM
EBMCS03 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Go to INFO then OPTIONS. Once there, you will see System Version. Touch it and the current version will be displayed.
Mines only v3.4. Wonder if my dealer would mind if I just request an update. I am having intermittent issues with my BOSE speakers.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NSD991
Well my car was updated yesterday, picked it up and drove 110 miles home! Sadly I noticed no difference in the cars performance. I suspect Spathiinc is correct. I asked my service advisor what the update actually did and his response was " Porsche tells us nothing, like Apple when it does updates!" LOL
Ditto.....

Old 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NSD991
Apple updates always have description. I tried for service mgr to update mine to the latest PCM version (I have WD09) - he won't do it.