software updates to pcm/pdk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Aranthir is infamous around these parts
software updates to pcm/pdk

hi,

Just a note to be sure you have your Porsche service center check for software updates to your car's various systems when you have it in for service.

Today I brought my 911 in to update the pdk software and they found updates for my pcm, instrument cluster and DME control unit.

paperwork shows latest pcm version is 3.42.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 AM
boxterguy is infamous around these parts
Re the software updates to the PCM: I have a July '13 build for a 2014 C2 Cab which shows v4.52 software in the PCM 3.1 - I believe this to be the latest available version..

Old 11-26-2013, 05:26 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
What exactly is the PDK software update? Mine gets it Friday!

Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NSD991
What exactly is the PDK software update? Mine gets it Friday!
Had the PDK update 11/18/13 w/1st oil change...nothing more to report
other than the software update part was free.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Had the PDK update 11/18/13 w/1st oil change...nothing more to report
other than the software update part was free.
So no noticeable change? Is it more of a maintenance issue that a true update? I'm sorry for all of the questions, I don't have a local dealer. I will ask during my service, I was just curious of what to expect.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
So no noticeable change? Is it more of a maintenance issue that a true update? I'm sorry for all of the questions, I don't have a local dealer. I will ask during my service, I was just curious of what to expect.
The PDK update is WD09, the PCM update is 4.52

The PDK update provides less lag/hesitation and holds gears better in sport mode. The PCM update fixes some bugs with bluetooth and music.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:18 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Go123
Have they split the PCM codebase? The last time I was updated the '13s (mine being a 991 '12) definitely had a different number (higher) and they were telling me I had the latest (because I was in specifically to get the PCM updated). It was explained that this was because of the changes to the PCM to add AHA and the jukebox. Or maybe now they have brought it back together. I'll check.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Go123

The PDK update provides less lag/hesitation and holds gears better in sport mode. The PCM update fixes some bugs with bluetooth and music.
Thank you

Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Is this update available for my 2011 4S?

Old 11-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Spathiinc has a spectacular aura aboutSpathiinc has a spectacular aura about
Before you get too excited about PDK update WD09 improving performance, this is the official description of the update I got from Gunter at Porsche of Fremont:

PDK control unit
Information:
This is to inform you of a voluntary Workshop Campaign on the above-mentioned vehicles.
A shift rod movement at a shift gate that was not selected can be detected incorrectly on the affected vehicles due to a software error.
As a result, fault code “P1767 – Hydraulic multiplexer fault” can be stored in the fault memory of the PDK control unit and the PDK transmission can switch to the reduced driving programme until the ignition is switched off and on again.
To prevent this from happening, the PDK control unit on the affected vehicles will be re-programmed with an updated data record.
On vehicles with Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (I-no. 221), the updated data record was also used to optimize the adaptation behavior of the rear-differential lock.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
I ran a Carfax on a 2012 C2S I'm currently trying to buy. It shows the WD09 update being done back in April 30 of this year. Can that be right? You guys are making it sound like it's a new update.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:44 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Spathiinc
Before you get too excited about PDK update WD09 improving performance, this is the official description of the update I got from Gunter at Porsche of Fremont:

PDK control unit
Information:
This is to inform you of a voluntary Workshop Campaign on the above-mentioned vehicles.
A shift rod movement at a shift gate that was not selected can be detected incorrectly on the affected vehicles due to a software error.
As a result, fault code “P1767 – Hydraulic multiplexer fault” can be stored in the fault memory of the PDK control unit and the PDK transmission can switch to the reduced driving programme until the ignition is switched off and on again.
To prevent this from happening, the PDK control unit on the affected vehicles will be re-programmed with an updated data record.
On vehicles with Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (I-no. 221), the updated data record was also used to optimize the adaptation behavior of the rear-differential lock.
Sounds like a performance upgrade to me. Actually I've noticed improved adaptation during my morning drives to work on a very twisty back road. I've had to do less manual downshifts since the upgrade. PCM is working better with my iPhone now, too.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Sounds like a performance upgrade to me. Actually I've noticed improved adaptation during my morning drives to work on a very twisty back road. I've had to do less manual downshifts since the upgrade. PCM is working better with my iPhone now, too.
I was hoping to have some of the enhancements touted for the GT3! At the very least the car will only be better/safer I guess.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:18 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
I was hoping to have some of the enhancements touted for the GT3! At the very least the car will only be better/safer I guess.
Oh yeah. It was/is actually more fun to drive now whether in sport or non-sport mode on a hilly, twisty road. Didn't think that would be possible.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Oh yeah. It was/is actually more fun to drive now whether in sport or non-sport mode on a hilly, twisty road. Didn't think that would be possible.
Great! I can't wait. I'll post my impressions here as well. I'm looking forward to it! BTW the 991 is an amazing machine as you have said. Every couple of weeks, despite having the car almost two years the PDK does something that just brings a smile to my face, whether its an aggressive downshift blip or crisp upshift.

Last edited by NSD991; 11-28-2013 at 06:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: software updates to pcm/pdk