Rhodium silver with "garnet red" interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Nice car John!

Enjoy in good health!

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
cheesehead is infamous around these parts
Thanks.

Couldn't have done it without your "configurator" expertise and the help of all the other great people on this board.

Really looking forward to your turbo!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cheesehead
Thanks. Couldn't have done it without your "configurator" expertise and the help of all the other great people on this board.

Really looking forward to your turbo!
My Turbo has still a long way to go. Still haven't finalized the order yet. Not 100% sure if it is what I really want. (Although 97,5% sure ) I will not order untill I'm 100% sure about it.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Suzy991
My Turbo has still a long way to go. Still haven't finalized the order yet. Not 100% sure if it is what I really want. (Although 97,5% sure ) I will not order untill I'm 100% sure about it.
You doubt the Turbo, or its options ? Or both ?

Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by bccars
You doubt the Turbo, or its options ? Or both ?
There is one thing that goes through my mind for a pretty long time. The Macan...
If I'm gonna like that the way I think I will, it could be an alternative, together with a new Boxter S.

For the price of the Turbo S, I could also buy a Macan Turbo as my daily driver and a new Boxster S PDK (or maybe even a c2S cab), the way I would like to spec it, as a fun/weekend car.

Thing is that when I buy a Turbo S and use it as a daily driver, the car will not be that special anymore after a year driving it. As a weekend car, the Turbo S is too expensive, so, the alternative is a Macan Turbo as my business car/daily driver and a Boxster S (or C2S cab) as a fun car. Another benefit is that my girlfriend will be able to drive both cars. She loves our Boxster even more than I (I want a PDK), but she thinks the Turbo S is way too fast and intimidating for her and she will not drive that car.

So... Still a dilemma hahaha.

If it was pure for my own pleasure I would definitely buy the Turbo S. I absolutely love the way it drives, but I don't live alone on this world.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 10-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
There is one thing that goes through my mind for a pretty long time. The Macan...
If I'm gonna like that the way I think I will, it could be an alternative, together with a new Boxter S.

For the price of the Turbo S, I could also buy a Macan Turbo as my daily driver and a new Boxster S PDK (or maybe even a c2S cab), the way I would like to spec it, as a fun/weekend car.

Thing is that when I buy a Turbo S and use it as a daily driver, the car will not be that special anymore after a year driving it. As a weekend car, the Turbo S is too expensive, so, the alternative is a Macan Turbo as my business car/daily driver and a Boxster S (or C2S cab) as a fun car. Another benefit is that my girlfriend will be able to drive both cars. She loves our Boxster even more than I (I want a PDK), but she thinks the Turbo S is way too fast and intimidating for her and she will not drive that car.

So... Still a dilemma hahaha.

If it was pure for my own pleasure I would definitely buy the Turbo S. I absolutely love the way it drives, but I don't live alone on this world.

Suzy991 (iOS app)
Suzie, I have been reading all your posts... you're thinking too much!! really!! You've gotta put your foot on the ground and pull the trigger -- go with your heart!!

Old 10-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Fester
Suzie, I have been reading all your posts... you're thinking too much!! really!! You've gotta put your foot on the ground and pull the trigger -- go with your heart!!
Haha yes I inow... I'm doubting too much, but the Turbo S is a $330k car, the way that I specced it. I don't want to have regrets after a couple of months. For $330k I can spec a Macan Turbo with every option I like and a Boxster S with every option possible (incl. PTS, LTS). Besides that, the Turbo S is way too fast for public roads, especially here in Switzerland. But it is just so addicting to drive it....

I can buy or lease the Macan on my business and get rid of my BMW (which after driving it a month or 2 is not as nice as I hoped).
That Macan would be my daily driver, without any compromise (that's the most important part) and for the weekends or just for having fun I could have a Boxster S exactly the way I want.

From a rational POV, the latter option is the way to go... It's just that I was so amazed by that Turbo S.

Since my appointment with Exclusive in Zuffenhausen, regarding the interior, is only in december, I cannot finalize my order before that time. In the meantime I'm in California on a holiday and I will try to go visit the L.A. Motorshow to see the Macan in person.

Final decision before christmas... I promise

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-31-2013, 08:54 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
^ SEMA show is next week in Vegas.
Its petrol head heaven.
You might want to put it on your list along with the LA Auto Show.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by lunarx
^ SEMA show is next week in Vegas. Its petrol head heaven. You might want to put it on your list along with the LA Auto Show.
That's indeed also on my list, but I don't know if I have the oppertunity to go.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Turbo

I had deposit down on turbo s for year and a half. When my wife saw the 170000 to 200000 prices she said no way.

She said you can buy a used 997 turbo or spec the carrera s the way you like it.

I am glad I went with the latter.

With sport plus the carrera s screams like an animal at 7500 rpm. You won't get that with a turbo.

I was thinking if I wanted to kill myself I could get the turbo.

The other thing is the width. I think the carrera s will be much more manageable on highway 1 or twisty two lane mountain roads.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:45 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lunarx
^ SEMA show is next week in Vegas.
Its petrol head heaven.
You might want to put it on your list along with the LA Auto Show.
I'll be at SEMA. Red interior FTW! Looking good man - congrats!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Paralysis by analysis Suzy :-)
What does your petrolhead heart tell you ? What car(s) you lust after ? Get that one .. or two in your case ;-)

To me, I just can't see why you would want a Turbo. You specced a gorgeous C4S to you liking before. What's wrong with that ? Just get a C4S in oryx white. First of all, the Turbo is uglier. Second, all that extra power that seduces you now, you'll soon get used to that. So when that power thrill is gone, you're left with an ugly Carrera. Not so with the C4S, that will forever stay a gorgeous car. Just my 2 cents.

And maybe you can finally decide on the GT3 as a third car ! ;-)

Old 11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by bccars
Paralysis by analysis Suzy :-) What does your petrolhead heart tell you ? What car(s) you lust after ? Get that one .. or two in your case ;-) To me, I just can't see why you would want a Turbo. You specced a gorgeous C4S to you liking before. What's wrong with that ? Just get a C4S in oryx white. First of all, the Turbo is uglier. Second, all that extra power that seduces you now, you'll soon get used to that. So when that power thrill is gone, you're left with an ugly Carrera. Not so with the C4S, that will forever stay a gorgeous car. Just my 2 cents. And maybe you can finally decide on the GT3 as a third car ! ;-)
Haha yes I know... That's exactly what I'm thinking about. Although... I would also like a cabrio/roadster, but I don't like the 991 cab as much asI like the Boxster.
I know... I think way too much. It's always my heart against my brains. Normally my brains win and I never had regrets about it so far.

Oh well... I have time. Tomorrow we fly to California for a holiday and when I'm back I'm gonna think about it. First need to see the Macan in person at the L.A. Motorshow. After that I'll make my decision

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I agree. That Oryx white carrera 4s was beautiful. And after driving my carrera s in person with that flat six howling away. Why would you want anything else? The turbo is fugly, wide as a Mercedes S class or twelve cylinder ferrari and has exactly the same interior.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Haha yes I know... That's exactly what I'm thinking about. Although... I would also like a cabrio/roadster, but I don't like the 991 cab as much asI like the Boxster.
I know... I think way too much. It's always my heart against my brains. Normally my brains win and I never had regrets about it so far.

Oh well... I have time. Tomorrow we fly to California for a holiday and when I'm back I'm gonna think about it. First need to see the Macan in person at the L.A. Motorshow. After that I'll make my decision

Suzy991 (iOS app)
That settles it then. You allready have a boxster. So get that Macan and with the savings of the Turbo S get the GT3 too ! That would almost be the perfect garage !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rhodium silver with "garnet red" interior