Rhodium silver with "garnet red" interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bccars
That settles it then. You allready have a boxster. So get that Macan and with the savings of the Turbo S get the GT3 too ! That would almost be the perfect garage !
Hahaha no no... I don't want a GT3 anymore and about that I am 110% sure now. The Boxster I now have is black and a manual and misses some options I really would like to have, so that was already planned to go anyways
If I buy a new Boxster S, I can order it exactly the way I (or we) want and both of us can enjoy that car. At the same time it saves me a lot of money compared with a Turbo S, so that leaves room for eventually an Alfa 4C QV when that comes early 2015. (I want that 10x more than a GT3, just because it is a true Alfa again).

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-02-2013, 04:11 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Haha yes I inow... I'm doubting too much, but the Turbo S is a $330k car, the way that I specced it. I don't want to have regrets after a couple of months. For $330k I can spec a Macan Turbo with every option I like and a Boxster S with every option possible (incl. PTS, LTS). Besides that, the Turbo S is way too fast for public roads, especially here in Switzerland. But it is just so addicting to drive it....

I can buy or lease the Macan on my business and get rid of my BMW (which after driving it a month or 2 is not as nice as I hoped).
That Macan would be my daily driver, without any compromise (that's the most important part) and for the weekends or just for having fun I could have a Boxster S exactly the way I want.

From a rational POV, the latter option is the way to go... It's just that I was so amazed by that Turbo S.

Since my appointment with Exclusive in Zuffenhausen, regarding the interior, is only in december, I cannot finalize my order before that time. In the meantime I'm in California on a holiday and I will try to go visit the L.A. Motorshow to see the Macan in person.

Final decision before christmas... I promise

Suzy991 (iOS app)
A Macan plus a Boxster S satisfies a rational mix (in my opinion) .
I have a Turbo and as much as i love the car I have to admit that the fun factor is greater in my Boxster S . I do feel that there is a perceptual frame of mind that a 911 Turbo is the king but the reality is that there is very little use for it in daily driving . The Boxster on the other hand is nimble , convertible is care free , technology is sufficient , and price is decent enough to not worry as much everywhere its parked .
The macan is practical . Together this is really ALL one needs .

BUT .. a 911 Turbo is not a need ;it's a want .

330K ? Well most rational folks think all of these cars are expensive . Plus the younger one is the more the money lost in car buying could have grown . But if one really loves cars (and driving) there's an emotional significance to the experience of the time spent enjoying each of them.

You already have the Boxster . You really feel that the Macan is the way to go . You can always buy a 991 Turbo . In fact with time they age and depeciate so you may not have to spend 330K and by that time the Boxster may have aged to where it needs to be replaced .

My general thought is .. when in doubt .. don't buy the car . It's better to buy no car at all than to buy the wrong car (or even the right car but at the wrong time ) .

Good luck in whatever choice you decide.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:18 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cheesehead
apologize for poor quality of photos. need fester to take rolling shots. will try to upload better ones later.
This looks like Carrera red . I never heard of garnet red . Beautiful car !! Congrats !!

Edit -
Checked the configurator .. only carrera red .
googled "garnet red 991" .. found a car listed with the color stated as such.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-02-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 AM
cheesehead is infamous around these parts
I googled it too. My Monroney sticker looked exactly the same MY 2014 rhodium silver exterior with natural leather garnet red interior. Maybe Suzy will get more information when she goes to Zuffenhausen. I Luv it how porsche doesn't communicate at all with North American dealers about new options, colors, etc.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 AM
eddtiff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Hahaha no no... I don't want a GT3 anymore and about that I am 110% sure now. The Boxster I now have is black and a manual and misses some options I really would like to have, so that was already planned to go anyways
If I buy a new Boxster S, I can order it exactly the way I (or we) want and both of us can enjoy that car. At the same time it saves me a lot of money compared with a Turbo S, so that leaves room for eventually an Alfa 4C QV when that comes early 2015. (I want that 10x more than a GT3, just because it is a true Alfa again).

Suzy991 (iOS app)
The Turbo is indeed a expensive car especially if you add all the bells and whistles to it. The Macan from the spy shots looks kind of like a trimmed down Cayenne. The back still looks like a Hyundai to me. I have been thinking of replacing my X5, so I'm wondering what the Macan will look like. I was originally thinking to replace it with a red Cayenne GTS. However, now I'm thinking of holding off till the next version. By then, the Macan should be out with a few variants.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
I googled it too. My Monroney sticker looked exactly the same MY 2014 rhodium silver exterior with natural leather garnet red interior. Maybe Suzy will get more information when she goes to Zuffenhausen. I Luv it how porsche doesn't communicate at all with North American dealers about new options, colors, etc.
I'm pretty sure that your interior is Carrera Red. Garnet Red is much darker (almost brownish, like real mahogony wood). They probably just made a mistake. On the pictures your interior looks exactly like Carrera Red.
If not, than you have free Leather to Sample and also without any delivery delay haha

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Pics 2

Pics 2

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	895.7 KB
ID:	311642  
Old 12-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Premier did a great job with the full body clear bra.

I did finally get my "certificate of authenticity" and it says "carrera red" on it

I noticed that the macan configurator has two tone black/ garnet red on it but makes no mention of whether those are natural leather or not

Old 12-16-2013, 05:54 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
I did finally get my "certificate of authenticity" ….
Did they just send that to you or did you have to request it (or pay for it)?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
Nice

Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Just spec'd out my 14' Turbo S last week. Got the GT Silver and the Natural Carrera Red interior. Nice to see one done. Can't wait for mine. April 2014 delivery. Congrads and enjoy.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Update

Premier did a great job with the full body clear bra.

I did finally get my "certificate of authenticity" and it says "carrera red" on it

I noticed that the macan configurator has two tone black/ garnet red on it but makes no mention of whether those are natural leather or not
Had the car for about close to three months now. Drives like a dream. Driven it everywhere. Highway 1, I 5, etc.

I spent a lot on a full body clear bra from premier but I am glad I did. The cuts were very precise and hard to notice. I really feel more comfortable washing the car because most of what I am washing or polishing is the clear bra.

I know there is inevitable "wear and tear" and natural aging with cars but since we spend so much on these Porsches it feels better having that plastic wrap on it.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Hey Cheesehead,

Can you tell me, why does the Garnet Red on your car, differ so much from the Garnet Red on this Panamera? Is it maybe just the dark lighting in your pictures? Do you happen to have any during the day? I just ordered Garnet Red, and im worried because the red in your pics seems a bit dark for me. However on the Panamera, it looks just fine.... Thoughts? (and maybe a daytime pic?!?)
Also, how do u like the red now that you've had it for a while?
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	337889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	337890  
Old 02-23-2014, 06:30 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Carrera Red, but in my experience, it is very difficult to get a picture with true and accurate color. I know others with the same problem with Espresso and Yachting Blue.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I think it is just dark.

Garnet red the same as Carrera red.

Very rich special and luxurious.

Not too bright or dark.

I Luv it.

The leather thicker too and will last forever.

Would go with black deviating carpet and black dials.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rhodium silver with "garnet red" interior