Should we get an alignment on a newly delivered 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
I have never bought a new car that was out of alignment.
Steve,

It is with great pleasure that I, a Layman and as an un engineered brain tell you here and now that it is possible that either you are the luckiest man in the world, ( I mean like buy lotto ticket's immediately...,) or you may have had alignment issues and didn't even know it. That is to say, that I have had vehicles, (the ones that really cost a lot and that most folks can't afford,) you know Toyota, Saturn, Suzuki, (well I lied about the last 2 but you see where I'm going,) and although they were in, "Spec" they were really out of spec for me.

When someone say's, "It transformed the car," they really mean it was a remarkable change for the better. This is to say that even if the car was not tracking perfectly they were able to notice it, and when they notice it, the car is out of, "Spec for them," but not may or may not be out of Spec for the Manufacturer.

I'm simply saying that if the alignment is out for me even a hair, I can tell and most other people wouldn't be able to tell...

You sir, might not be able to tell...with all due respect

Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Steve,

It is with great pleasure that I, a Layman and as an un engineered brain tell you here and now that it is possible that either you are the luckiest man in the world, ( I mean like buy lotto ticket's immediately...,) or you may have had alignment issues and didn't even know it. That is to say, that I have had vehicles, (the ones that really cost a lot and that most folks can't afford,) you know Toyota, Saturn, Suzuki, (well I lied about the last 2 but you see where I'm going,) and although they were in, "Spec" they were really out of spec for me.

When someone say's, "It transformed the car," they really mean it was a remarkable change for the better. This is to say that even if the car was not tracking perfectly they were able to notice it, and when they notice it, the car is out of, "Spec for them," but not may or may not be out of Spec for the Manufacturer.

I'm simply saying that if the alignment is out for me even a hair, I can tell and most other people wouldn't be able to tell...

You sir, might not be able to tell...with all due respect
Your right I might not be able to tell. I drive the hell out of my cars but I don't claim to be able to notice every nuance of handling. Hell I'm 73 there are a lot of things I don't notice any more. If the tire wear a little more on the inside of the rears near end of life I assume that's the way they were set up to get better handling. I assume we are all car nuts if we take the time to post on this forum. The important thing is that we enjoy and have fun with our cars. I doubt if many here buy a Porsche for basic transportation. As car nuts we each will do things that the other thinks is not needed or weird. I sure I do I just cant think of them right now. Just have fun and enjoy your car. Peace