Just changed to clear marker lenses!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Just changed to clear marker lenses!

I just changed my marker lenses to clear today w/led's. Love how it looks even more!

LED bulbs:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1780_zps3ce51565.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	295812   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1782_zps0d67a7bb.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	295813   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1781_zpse277a58a.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	295814   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1778_zps322ae577.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	295815   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1779_zpsb09ccedd.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	295816  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1785_zps653245d3.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	295817   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1784_zps67e92c5d.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	295818   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1786_zps97cf0ac6.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	295819   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1787_zps23332f62.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	295820  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Looks good.
Let me know if you get a Side Marker error.
I just installed those same LED and it seemed fine at first, but I got an error on the Left Side Marker the last time I drove the car.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Gofast430 is infamous around these parts
Clear Markers

I installed mine last week and I love how they look. I have had no
problems. Did you change LED bulbs?

Old 11-02-2013, 07:55 AM
BlackSpeed is infamous around these partsBlackSpeed is infamous around these parts
Looks great, it's the first thing I'm doing to my car when it comes in!
Now go knock some rust of those rotors

Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. I will check to see if I get an error and let everyone know. Yes, I went with LED bulbs that are clear when off and amber when on.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
Yeah, definitely looks better.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by lunarx
Looks good.
Let me know if you get a Side Marker error.
I just installed those same LED and it seemed fine at first, but I got an error on the Left Side Marker the last time I drove the car.

Yep, I'm getting a left side marker error. Lights are all lit up and no problem that I can see with them.

Dunno if I'm going to just deal with the error or swap them out for different bulbs...

Damn!

Old 11-02-2013, 04:54 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
You have a PM.

Last edited by dux; 11-02-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:31 PM
^^^Got it! Thank you!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Yep, I'm getting a left side marker error. Lights are all lit up and no problem that I can see with them.

Dunno if I'm going to just deal with the error or swap them out for different bulbs...

Damn!
You too?
Does your error go away or stay?
Mine went away (for now) but I have not driven it again yet.

Which version did you have?

7W (like mine)
or
11W?

Now I wonder if the 11W might draw more current and avoid the error.

Last edited by lunarx; 11-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
You too?

7W (like mine)
or
11W?

This may sound weird, but sometimes when we remove side lights for clear bra install, my initial startup of the car will show an error signal once they're installed. But, I then flip the turn signals on, and the code goes away. Have you used the turn signals since installing the lights? I'm assuming you have, but figured I'd chime in with my experience.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 AM
You too?

7W (like mine)
or
11W?

7W. Was only out for a brief time yesterday and the error remained. I will check again today.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
This may sound weird, but sometimes when we remove side lights for clear bra install, my initial startup of the car will show an error signal once they're installed. But, I then flip the turn signals on, and the code goes away. Have you used the turn signals since installing the lights? I'm assuming you have, but figured I'd chime in with my experience.
Thank you for this info! Yes, I do believe I used the signals, but will try this today.

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM
omegaSMP300 is infamous around these parts
Great look. I will be doing the same.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Apparently the LED Sizzle and I used gave errors, despite being canbus.
Too bad, as it was a nice looking LED with a wide even pattern.

So far the below LED works fine and all errors are gone.
It is similar to the one Nicoli mentioned (in another post) except this is the amber version (for people who want to stay legal).

http://www.autolumination.com/py24w.htm

8 Led Canbus
9 mm x 29mm overall length
$6.99 ea.

FYI - When inserting it into the socket you can't push it all the way down, so just back it out a bit and then it lights up.

Last edited by lunarx; 11-12-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:00 AM
^^^Gonna try these as well! Thanks for the info!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just changed to clear marker lenses!