Few rattle fixes that may help ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hdawg
Its an early 2012 build , dealer said early 2012 cars may have suspect oil seperators.
Any chance you could you describe the noise a bit more than "whirring"?

I sometimes have a humming noise. Higher note sort of thing. I would have guessed fuel pump, except it's from the rear... (early:ish 2012, post most campaigns build)

Old 11-22-2013, 12:41 PM
hdawg is infamous around these parts
To be honest when the engineer pointed it out i didnt even know which noise was talking about but afterwards i noticed a 1-2 second whirring when i set off from standstill after starting the engine the . It kind of sound like the noise the electronic parking brakes make when u apply them . The car has actually gone in to have this done so will try to post more on this when i get it back . In the meantime , they loaned me a new boxtser, remarkably rattle free a not a bad car , though the popping noise from the tyres on full lock is much worse than on my 991.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Thank you for the insight. Definitely not it. I'll just go back to not worrying about it.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:21 PM
dsloss is infamous around these parts
Carrera 4, 2013, picked up in June, about 6000 miles: driver side upper window/seal creaks/rattles like an absolute bastard.

Had it in to dealer 5 times now for same problem. They replaced seal twice. Was better until cold set in here in NY, now worse than ever.

Must admit, not terribly happy. Especially as new Cayennes I keep getting as loaner are quiet as a mouse.

Question is, ultimately, if problem not resolved, what is Porsche gonna do about it?

Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dsloss
Carrera 4, 2013, picked up in June, about 6000 miles: driver side upper window/seal creaks/rattles like an absolute bastard.

Had it in to dealer 5 times now for same problem. They replaced seal twice. Was better until cold set in here in NY, now worse than ever.

Must admit, not terribly happy. Especially as new Cayennes I keep getting as loaner are quiet as a mouse.

Question is, ultimately, if problem not resolved, what is Porsche gonna do about it?
I had a rattle from the area where the A-pillar meets the roof liner. I resolved it by stuffing some foam insulation under the roof liner in that area. Are you sure your rattle is not coming from that same area?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Perhaps we need to start a facebook page or equiv for guys with rattling 991s. Only then would porsche take notice i guess.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 PM
EBMCS03 is infamous around these parts
Im getting some cracking noises when i go up and down driveways or over bumps. sounds like the roof flexing and popping. I do have a sunroof. the noise is less noticeable with the sunroof open or tilted up but is not completely gone. Anyone been able to get this sorted out?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:19 AM
There are a few screws on the sunroof frame that change the tension on the sunroof itself meaning that the whole thing can be pulled in tighter to the sunroof frame. I would definitely suspect that since that turned out to be the issue with mine though it took the dealership 3 days to get it spot on. While they are at it, get them to clean the seals around the sunroof itself since that can cause some creaking when the roof is closed. I guess some flex is normal but to be honest mine is quiet as a mouse now so yours should be fixable. Good luck with it.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:39 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Mine was an 11/11 build, one of the first 991's apparently. Only rattle I've ever had is a front dash rattle (driver's side) that only appears when it's cold. When it warms up, rattle goes away. It's livable.

Lately I've had some squeaky brakes, just when I'm about to come to a full stop. Thinking of taking it in for that...I've had to tramp the brakes pretty hard a few times. They work great, just a little noisy.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:53 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dsloss

Leipzig vs. Stuttgart?

Old 12-01-2013, 02:58 AM
My 2010 cayenne and the 2012 911 both have brakes that squeak sometimes. The recent boxster loan car i had, had the same and it had only a few hundred miles on it . So wouldnt worry about those.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 AM
My 997.2S had the squeakiest glove box imaginable. I did take it in for that issue. It was the only rattle/squeak it had but Lord was it annoying.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:46 PM
dsloss is infamous around these parts
Seems like they finally sorted my creak/rattle out at the dealership. Massive relief. . . I love my car again! Didn't get the details on what they did exactly, but will post here if/when I do.

Good luck to everybody with rattles etc. The bad ones can really spoil an otherwise excellent experience.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
HansGT2 is infamous around these parts
March 2012-built 991S -- no rattles or squeaks after 11,000 miles.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:03 AM
pfijcali is infamous around these parts
I have an April 2012 991S with 11,000 miles and no rattles whatsoever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Few rattle fixes that may help ..