clear side marker install admissions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I agree with Blackspeed's questions. I like the light pattern. Cost?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
We only sell factory side markers, they are Genuine Porsche OEM parts. However, there are now two versions of side markers. You ordered the standard set with incandescent bulbs.

Standard Side Markers:

Soon we will be offering a factory clear LED version. The LED version has a lower and more sleek profile, and of course, has a more interesting light pattern. Looks like you have the LED orange lights, and they also have a slimmer profile and unique light pattern.

Coming soon, the new clear LED Side markers:

More details coming...........

Damn you guys!!! LOL! I just got the 'old' version...now I want the 'new' version! Haha, always goes like this. What an addiction to have!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
Didn't break my amber ones, but I was very careful and even taped around the area before I started. My clear ones came from my dealer and are oem. The price was $70 and they got them the next day after ordering. I slid the marker toward the back of the car and pulled toward me and they popped out. Then I released the tab separating the light and wiring with a flat head screw driver. My car had no slack in the wire at all and I didn't want to yank on it. I was able to barely get the screw driver in to release the clip. Still very easy and less than 5-10mins total. Car looks great knurly! Totally improves the look. At least I won the race to put the clears on
Exact same experience for me. This is my first 911. Dealer ordered OEM markers and gave them to me as a courtesy gift the day I took delivery. Changed them right away. . . Immediately after 1st Wash.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Nice. I'm digging those clear LED markers. I don't mind the current clear ones I installed, but these look much better and flow with the lines/lights of the car.

When do you expect to release them?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Racerxxx7 is infamous around these parts
I installed the markers on both my 991 and 981.They are the same for both vehicles. The Trick it to compress the spring by sliding the lens towards the tire until the front part of the marker lifts up.
I got both of them off of Ebay for $62 a pair and 2 day Priority shipping was free.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200988814933...84.m1555.l2649

Old 12-12-2013, 05:36 PM
knurly is infamous around these parts
Ah spot on for that technique. I didn't realize how it worked when I broke mine pulling off the first one. I should have studied the new one more closely before diving in.

BTW, I think Suncoast was closer to $50 for the pair of (incandescents not LEDs).

Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Racerxxx7 is infamous around these parts
Suncoast was more once the shipping was added.