What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Ok...until you get 991...we are going to call you Suzy 981
Haha OK!
I'll see if I can change my name somewhere

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Here's the A6 as ordered. 6-8 weeks waiting before it gets delivered.... (Probably with winter wheels :-/)

Attachment 310717

Suzy991 (iOS app)
That A6 Avant looks great!

That's a way better ride than a Mcan, IMHO
You did the right thing.

Any day an Avant hits the road over an SUV is a good day.

Last edited by lunarx; 12-12-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Good thing at least for my business my car just stays tucked away in the office garage. Though sometimes I wish I needed a business car and fun car because then I could justify to myself getting a macan or cayenne turbo lol

Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Suzy, I hear you.

You are being smart and thinking things through before throwing considerable $$$ out the window. (while as was said, helping a lot of others reach their decisions also..commendable, ma'am)

I went from a 997.2 C4S cab to a new '13 S5 cab. I liked it, but missed the cornering of the P-car. So, the car I bought a few months before traded for the new (well dealer demo with 88 miles) 991 cab.

I could have saved some moola here if I had just thought things through beforehand. I still miss aspects of the S5. If it was an RS5, I might have kept it, but my S5 cab only had the standard suspension, my car didn't come with the adaptive option even with the US-spec prestige trim (bummer).

Last edited by nicoli; 12-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nicoli
Suzy, I hear you. You are being smart and thinking things through before throwing considerable $$$ out the window. (while as was said, helping a lot of others reach their decisions also..commendable, ma'am) I went from a 997.2 C4S cab to a new '13 S5 cab. I liked it, but missed the cornering of the P-car. So, the car I bought a few months before traded for the new (well dealer demo with 88 miles) 991 cab. I could have saved some moola here if I had just thought things through beforehand. I still miss aspects of the S5. If it was an RS5, I might have kept it, but my S5 cab only had the standard suspension, my car didn't come with the adaptive option even with the US-spec prestige trim (bummer).
I'm pretty impulsive when it comes to cars, but somehow I always start rationalize before I make a final decison and that's a good thing. It's self-protection

I read somewhere that U.S. cars (S5 and RS5) are not available with the adaptive suspension. Without it, I guess the ride is a bit harsh at some moments. I definitely want the adaptive suspension. My S5 also had it and in comfort the car was comfortable enough for a DD, but in dynamic it was too harsh.
I agree that the handling and steering is no comparison to a 911, although the understeer problem is almost completely solved with the Torque Vectoring system and the sport-diff, compared to my S5. But it's not a real sportscar.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Due to a highly traumatic childhood, I somehow developed an unhealthy ability to retain the most mundane of facts in the recesses of my memory.

As I recall, there was a time when two (2) Porsche 991 were ordered simultaneously, one of them being to honor the memory of a lost sibling.
I also recall that money was no object as these were to be fun cars, justified by the notion that you only live once.

The orders were posted online for feedback etc etc. and we lost count as to the number of changes, orders and iterations posted.

So naturally there is a apparent hint of skepticism surrounding the legitimacy of this evolution, as it not everyday that one goes from a four-wheeled memorial/ tribute to a 4WD diesel.

What is truly more of a mystery here, is why this degree of justified skepticism should come as a surprise to anyone, especially in the age of Manti T'eo.

Such are the joys and perils of this here Internet...

Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by dux
Due to a highly traumatic childhood, I somehow developed an unhealthy ability to retain the most mundane of facts in the recesses of my memory. As I recall, there was a time when two (2) Porsche 991 were ordered simultaneously, one of them being to honor the memory of a lost sibling. I also recall that money was no object as these were to be fun cars, justified by the notion that you only live once. The orders were posted online for feedback etc etc. and we lost count as to the number of changes, orders and iterations posted. So naturally there is a apparent hint of skepticism surrounding the legitimacy of this evolution, as it not everyday that one goes from a four-wheeled memorial/ tribute to a 4WD diesel. What is truly more of a mystery here, is why this degree of justified skepticism should come as a surprise to anyone, especially in the age of Manti T'eo. Such are the joys and perils of this here Internet...
I understand where you are coming from and you may be right that it is not a usual way to do things... But this is how I decided and since it is my life, my money and thuss my cars, I don't really care what you thinks about it....

Like I said... I have to rationalize sometimes. My first post here where I wanted to order two cars, was what I felt to be the right thing at the moment, but with help of some nice members and their advices I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the right thing to do and now I am very, very glad I didn't! Also... I never said that money wasn't a problem! I said that I could afford it... that's something different!

Oh... And if you think I'm not real... There are some members here that know me better, so maybe you should ask them. I know the internet can be a strange place, but I never thought people were that paranoia.... or is jealousy playing a role here???

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Because of what Dux said, I was thinking if it was really that bad with me in terms of ordereing cars...
I don't think it is that weird after all

Wanted to order a 911-50 and a 991 C4S cab in june (never signed that deal BTW). Very quickly changed that back to only one car (C4S) after some really good advices from people here and on RL, where they convinced me that remembering my brother with a car was not the right thing to do and they were absolutely right! Still very thankful for that.

That definitive C4S order changed two times (exterior color to PTS and interior to LTS) and I asked for delivery in march 2014, untill I saw the 991 Turbo at the Frankfurt Motorshow. That's when I completely cancelled my C4S order.

So in the end... I cancelled my order only one time. (the Turbo S wasn't on order yet, because I was waiting for all prices) and changed it maybe three or four times all together.

Is that so weird for ordering a sportscar? I don't think so..... You pay a lot money, so it better be something that makes completely happy and not just 75% happy.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dux
Due to a highly traumatic childhood, I somehow developed an unhealthy ability to retain the most mundane of facts in the recesses of my memory.

As I recall, there was a time when two (2) Porsche 991 were ordered simultaneously, one of them being to honor the memory of a lost sibling.
I also recall that money was no object as these were to be fun cars, justified by the notion that you only live once.

The orders were posted online for feedback etc etc. and we lost count as to the number of changes, orders and iterations posted.

So naturally there is a apparent hint of skepticism surrounding the legitimacy of this evolution, as it not everyday that one goes from a four-wheeled memorial/ tribute to a 4WD diesel.

What is truly more of a mystery here, is why this degree of justified skepticism should come as a surprise to anyone, especially in the age of Manti T'eo.

Such are the joys and perils of this here Internet...

you obviously have experience taking your wife/GF shopping

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by trysixty
you obviously have experience taking your wife/GF shopping
LOL! I think that has to be "NO experience"

That stereotype of women not knowing what they want seems to be true after all... (I admit... I have that problem not with cars only)

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 04:24 PM
SilverSled is infamous around these parts
Changing Your User Name

Suzy, while I'm not a member that posts a lot, I'm someone that certainly has benefited from your knowledge, input and contributions not just here but on Rennlist as well and I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done on both forums to enhance the experience for everyone.

As to changing your user name, if we could ask one more favor, please share it with us .

Not to put anyone to sleep, but my username is from my old 997.1 C2S Cab which was silver and now I'm in a 991 C2S Coupe which is black. I started with a base Boxster (also black) and have driven the new ones as well and agree that there's a lot of fun to be had in a Boxster. One final thought as to your next car -my DD is a manual Cayenne. I know it sounds crazy, but I really love it. In the US you can only get the manual with the base V-6, so while I don't experience warp speed, I do get lots of utility and am able to enjoy a very comfortable and safe ride while immersing myself in an engaging drive- just maybe planting a seed for your next analysis.

What people lose sight of is that sometimes the chase is almost as much fun as having the car. As I get older in life, I realize that my dreams may change but my passion to learn more about cars and always explore something new, never does. Good luck in your adventures and be safe always!

Old 12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by SilverSled
Suzy, while I'm not a member that posts a lot, I'm someone that certainly has benefited from your knowledge, input and contributions not just here but on Rennlist as well and I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done on both forums to enhance the experience for everyone. As to changing your user name, if we could ask one more favor, please share it with us . Not to put anyone to sleep, but my username is from my old 997.1 C2S Cab which was silver and now I'm in a 991 C2S Coupe which is black. I started with a base Boxster (also black) and have driven the new ones as well and agree that there's a lot of fun to be had in a Boxster. One final thought as to your next car -my DD is a manual Cayenne. I know it sounds crazy, but I really love it. In the US you can only get the manual with the base V-6, so while I don't experience warp speed, I do get lots of utility and am able to enjoy a very comfortable and safe ride while immersing myself in an engaging drive- just maybe planting a seed for your next analysis. What people lose sight of is that sometimes the chase is almost as much fun as having the car. As I get older in life, I realize that my dreams may change but my passion to learn more about cars and always explore something new, never does. Good luck in your adventures and be safe always!
Thanks!! I'm glad to help if I can. It's the passion for cars that drives me and it's fun to help people

I agree that the chase can be as much fun as driving the car (although sometimes I confuse myself more than I help myself LOL!).

The Cayenne has been on my radar, but for some reason the car feels too big for our narrow roads. Stupid thing is that the A6 is not really smaller, but somehow easier to manage in traffic.
I didn't really need an A6 (A4 Avant would have done the job perfectly), but I love the new interior and the car is and feels much more modern and up to date than the A4 Avant, which was introduced in 2007, while the A6 was introduced in 2012. Besides that, it has a superb airsuspension, than can transform your car from a Bentley-like comfortable ride into a Sporty, much stiffer setting with almost mo body-roll. A4 doesn't have that option. I would have like the size of an A4 Avant though...

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 07:31 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Trade in the 981, buy GT3, live happily ever after...

Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
reidry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Trade in the 981, buy GT3, live happily ever after...
I bought a 981 Cayman R just to have an interim Porsche while I want for my 991 GT3

Suzy ... congrats on your decisions, all sound like great cars that meet your needs. I'm sure there are more P-cars in your future.

Ryan

Old 12-12-2013, 09:53 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Because of what Dux said, I was thinking if it was really that bad with me in terms of ordereing cars...
I don't think it is that weird after all

Wanted to order a 911-50 and a 991 C4S cab in june (never signed that deal BTW). Very quickly changed that back to only one car (C4S) after some really good advices from people here and on RL, where they convinced me that remembering my brother with a car was not the right thing to do and they were absolutely right! Still very thankful for that.

That definitive C4S order changed two times (exterior color to PTS and interior to LTS) and I asked for delivery in march 2014, untill I saw the 991 Turbo at the Frankfurt Motorshow. That's when I completely cancelled my C4S order.

So in the end... I cancelled my order only one time. (the Turbo S wasn't on order yet, because I was waiting for all prices) and changed it maybe three or four times all together.

Is that so weird for ordering a sportscar? I don't think so..... You pay a lot money, so it better be something that makes completely happy and not just 75% happy.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

It's not weird at all. We all go through a process when thinking about ordering a car. When we are passionate about something we dive into the tiny details. Sometimes all this planning happens in our subconscious. The only difference is Suzy shared her thought process online with all of us - nothing wrong with changing one's mind.

Can you post some pics of the different RS5 exterior and interior colours you're thinking about? Would be interested to see them!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?