What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I had an S5...have driven the RS5 on the track several times out at Texas Motor Ranch. The car is a pig and they should have put the 4.0tt in it or shed weight. Worst piece of **** I have ever owned. I loved the way the car looked, the interior. Audi service and reliability were appalling. After 18xxx miles I dumped it. New control arms, vacuum line to inlet motor let go and car went to limp mode, new throw out bearing, new MMI unit, carbon cleaning. Within 14 month it was in the shop 56 days days and 17 visits later I'll never buy an Audi again.
I've driven my SQ5 for over a year now, done roughly 85000km in that time and the car never saw the dealer outside the regular maintenance.
And before that I've owned two Audis (one S5 cab) and never had one single problem with any of those cars. In fact... My Boxster has seen the dealer more often than my SQ5 in less than a year.
The 4.0tt is not a nice engine. I admire Audi for putting a normally aspirated V8 in the RS5 and RS4 in these times of downsizing.

I do agree that the car is very heavy... But like I said. The car is not a sportscar, also never intended that way. Our RS5 will never see a track.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-14-2013, 04:38 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Hi Suzy. I zoomed in the pics of the A6. Did Audi changed the led design on the a6 for the 34th time? Again? Those led looked much too similar to the ones i have on the a8. Nice looking but another change??

Old 12-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ale70
Hi Suzy. I zoomed in the pics of the A6. Did Audi changed the led design on the a6 for the 34th time? Again? Those led looked much too similar to the ones i have on the a8. Nice looking but another change??
Hi

In the A6 you have the choice between Bi-Xenon or full LED headlights, like the ones in the A8. I chose for the latter. http://www.audileds.com

They haven't been changed since this new gen has been introduced in 2012.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-14-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:18 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Suzy

First I would like too say you express your thought's in the written word very well. Almost like you write for a profession.

Second, did you ever think of just getting a R8 spyder? It seems that might be a choice that would fulfill your need for comfort and performance(v10) & also provide you & your GF with the open air experience.

Again, I love how detailed you have been expressing your "wants & needs" on this forum.

Look forward to future post's about the Audi.

Paul

Old 12-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Suzy First I would like too say you express your thought's in the written word very well. Almost like you write for a profession. Second, did you ever think of just getting a R8 spyder? It seems that might be a choice that would fulfill your need for comfort and performance(v10) & also provide you & your GF with the open air experience. Again, I love how detailed you have been expressing your "wants & needs" on this forum. Look forward to future post's about the Audi. Paul
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the kind words

R8 spyder is a great car, but it is a roadster and only seats two people. Although performance may be better than my Boxster, it hasn't really any other benefits over that same Boxster. In fact, I think the Porsche is more practical (frunk & trunk) and in terms of handling and enjoyment they're at equally as good and both mid-engined.

We really wanted a convertible that seats 4 adults, for example when my mom comes over from Belgium or my GF's parents from the U.S. That way we can go on day-trips with them and still enjoy the open air experience on sunny days Italy (Milan) is just 3 hours away, Cote d'Azur just 5 hours away... Those are ideal roadtrips to do with a car like that.
Besides that, the RS5 has a good amount of bootspace for a convertible and is an easy car for use as a DD for my GF, who doesn't do that much km a year.

Oh and maybe the most important thing... We both love the looks of that car very, very much.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I also agree that the RS5 is a great looking car & so true about having room for people & luggage. The R8 has very little space for anything other than a driver & passenger.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:22 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Hello suzy

Did you receive your a6 3.0 bitdi . I have always wanted a a7 3.0 bitdi , I am very curious about the peformance . I was reading your post that you need a cabrio 4 seat cruiser , so , have you ever thought about a ferrari california ? It sound very good , has 7 year warranty , the performance is good . IT takes your breath away everytime you pres the gas pedal and I have seat 4 people in it .

Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Hello suzy Did you receive your a6 3.0 bitdi . I have always wanted a a7 3.0 bitdi , I am very curious about the peformance . I was reading your post that you need a cabrio 4 seat cruiser , so , have you ever thought about a ferrari california ? It sound very good , has 7 year warranty , the performance is good . IT takes your breath away everytime you pres the gas pedal and I have seat 4 people in it .
Hi,

No I haven't taken delivery of the A6 yet. It takes 6-8 weeks before delivery and the car will go on definitive order on monday (together with the RS5), so it will be somehwere in january of february. Performance is really, really good. I have the same engine now in the SQ5. Of course it doesn't rev like a petrol engine, but the amount of torque is really addictive!

Ferrari California would not be a good idea... My GF doesn't like Ferraris and it is not really my cup of tea either to be honest. First of all I kinda hate steel folding roofs and although I like the design, it's too flashy for my taste. I like to look at Ferraris, but driving is a different story.

Besides the RS5 here is only one other 4-seat convertible that both my GF and I absolutely adore and that's the Bentley Continental GTC (wouldn't be unhappy with a coupe either BTW)
But that car a bit expensive and maybe more a car for when we are a couple of years older hahaha.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I had an S5...have driven the RS5 on the track several times out at Texas Motor Ranch. The car is a pig and they should have put the 4.0tt in it or shed weight. Worst piece of **** I have ever owned. I loved the way the car looked, the interior. Audi service and reliability were appalling. After 18xxx miles I dumped it. New control arms, vacuum line to inlet motor let go and car went to limp mode, new throw out bearing, new MMI unit, carbon cleaning. Within 14 month it was in the shop 56 days days and 17 visits later I'll never buy an Audi again.
I have had the opposite experience with multitude of Audis I've owned - reliability has been as good as my Porsches, but I certainly understand your frustration and why you wouldn't buy another Audi. Many current R8 owners are hoping that R8 generation II has the 4.0TT. But not me. I love the high reving, normally aspirated V10 and hope it stays.

I would agree though, that the Audi service organizations which I have dealt with are not nearly on par with Porsche. With respect to the R8, there are few competent service managers or technicians that have adequate/practical experience with the car. Case in point, after my accident, my R8's transmission sounded like coins shaken in a tin can. Audi service tried to tell me that it was "normal" and that only because the insurance company was willing to foot the bill for a new transmission, they would replace it. They would not replace it if it were a warranty repair. And of course after it was replaced, the transmission sounded (and worked) perfectly. Scary.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:32 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Suzy991
I've driven my SQ5 for over a year now, done roughly 85000km in that time and the car never saw the dealer outside the regular maintenance.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

85,000 km in one year? Wow! That's a lot of driving !

Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by LPB987S
85,000 km in one year? Wow! That's a lot of driving !
Have the car 14 months now. But the first 60000 were in the first half of those 14 months.
A lot of commuting between Switzerland and Belgium/Holland, because our business was already moved from Holland to Switzerland, but were still living in Belgium because we had to wait untill our newly build house was finished. (Very long winter caused some delay).
It's 850km one way, mostly once a week, sometimes twice, so that adds up pretty fast (it was exhausting too BTW... Will not recommend it to anyone hahaha)

Normally I will be driving somewhere around 35000-40000km/year though...

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-14-2013, 04:39 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Alan.
Yeah I would never buy another Audi again. I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. I am here as an enthusiast not a know it all. I built my first car at 13, a 66 mustang 289 and owned dozens of cars since. I also have a BMW X5 5.0 right now to accompany my 911. I obviously have a difference of opinion with Audi due to my experience with the brand. Audi has done a great job of growing the brand internationally, but with that they have been unable to scale while offering premium service.

As for the motor choices. I was fond of the 4.2 that had been in my S5 and the 4.2 that is in the RS4, RS5, R8 (which are different). They are legendary motors. The carbon problems created by direct injection have yet to be fixed and are deemed normal by Audi. The cleanings occur every 20k from what I’ve have seen. The S5 cab has a 3.0 Supercharged motor and as of 2013 so does the coupe. The US Q5S has this same engine, although I believe Suzy’s is the diesel. The 3.0T is more economical, has much more potential to make power than the 4.2 I had and at a lower cost. GIAC and others make a flash that for 1500 bucks and adds 100 hp. This 4.0-liter has the same ability to respond to a simple flash and add power. These motors are great for tuners. I understand both sides of the conversation. Enthusiasts love more CI, hand built motors and something exotic that revs while car companies are on a path to save money mass-producing while meeting CAFE standards. The undeniable fact is these TT engines lay down more power. I have driven the 4.0TT s6, s8 on the street and track as well and the motor pulls like a freight train. This is the motor that should be in a 4,000 lb RS5.

I am actually looking to order my next car in the late spring. I am often tempted by a DSG v10 R8, but more than likely it will be ordering another 991. The R8 V10 is a treat to drive, especially once you remap the throttle. I am waiting to hear more news on the GTS and Targa. Who knows maybe it will be a regular turbo if I make peace with spending 160k on a 911.

Suzy enjoy the RS5. I am sure it will not be the last car you own☺

Last edited by tommyboy214; 12-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Haha thank you... I'm also very sure that it won't be the last car I own hahaha. I'm alreafy doing research for the next one LOL!

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-15-2013, 06:23 PM
cheesehead is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Hi,

No I haven't taken delivery of the A6 yet. It takes 6-8 weeks before delivery and the car will go on definitive order on monday (together with the RS5), so it will be somehwere in january of february. Performance is really, really good. I have the same engine now in the SQ5. Of course it doesn't rev like a petrol engine, but the amount of torque is really addictive!

Ferrari California would not be a good idea... My GF doesn't like Ferraris and it is not really my cup of tea either to be honest. First of all I kinda hate steel folding roofs and although I like the design, it's too flashy for my taste. I like to look at Ferraris, but driving is a different story.

Besides the RS5 here is only one other 4-seat convertible that both my GF and I absolutely adore and that's the Bentley Continental GTC (wouldn't be unhappy with a coupe either BTW)
But that car a bit expensive and maybe more a car for when we are a couple of years older hahaha.

Suzy991 (iOS app)
Sounds like you need a "baby" Panamera or a 929 !

I have seen a lot of Bentley Continentals in Newport Beach. With that weight and engine it is the very definition of a Flying Power Pig.

John

Old 12-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by cheesehead
Sounds like you need a "baby" Panamera or a 929 !

I have seen a lot of Bentley Continentals in Newport Beach. With that weight and engine it is the very definition of a Flying Power Pig.

John
A successor to the 928 would be very, very nice! I like that concept a lot to be honest. 2+2 GT from Porsche with a V8 (V8 is probably wishfull thinking). I think that could be a real succes.

Regarding the Bentley... yes it's a very, very heavy car, but somehow I just like that car very much.
Too bad it doesn't have such a great reputation over here. Mostly driven by soccer-players and DJs...