Ready for new 911. Any option/color regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bentley2013gtc
I hear what you mean, most of the cars I have ever had seem to have black interiors, still not sure about an all red interior, I think it looks great and unique now, but what about in 6-12 months, its hard going back so maybe better safe than sorry!!

The agate actually looks good, I need to find one at a dealer to check it out!
I would not go with a black or red interior. Same with black exterior. Get the grey, espressor, luxor beige, any other color besides black or red. Black is boring and red you will get sick of after 6 months. It is not tastefully red like in a ferrari or lamborghini or even a vanquish, it is in your face too much red.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I would not go with a black or red interior. Same with black exterior. Get the grey, espressor, luxor beige, any other color besides black or red. Black is boring and red you will get sick of after 6 months. It is not tastefully red like in a ferrari or lamborghini or even a vanquish, it is in your face too much red.
You can easily make black less boring with some deviated stitching, that way, the black interior looks classic and classy. It's also easy to maintain. Black has the least amount of glare in the windshield.
Another good option is to go with some of the two-tine interiors. All depends on exterior color. Mahogony metallic with two-tone espresso/cognac is a beautiful combination, but Gt-silver with black interior and silver stitching is also a very classic, but classy combination.
Benefit fo espresso leather is the quality. Together with the full Carrera red interior, these are natural leathers and you certainly feel and see the difference.

I personally think that choosing colors is the hardest part of customizing your vehicle.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I have a long time color regret: Porsche doesnt offers a true silver in their color palette.
Why can they give as the old, true, cold, real silver again: Artic!!
I love a red interior but not in a "light blue" rhodium silver, Imo only color to match is black.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Not sure if Porsche Exclusive even offers this but if they do, I'd opt for a black or charcoal Alcantara dashboard and this should help reduce glare. My headliner is Alcantara in Luxor and it looks awesome but even if I'd have done my dash in that there would still be glare because the beige plastic bits on the dash are really reflective on the windshield.

I agree with Suzy that deviating stitching on black looks amazing and elevates black to a very classy and interesting look.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
If you like red then don't shy away from it. I nearly got a black on red one myself. If you get it, seriously consider breaking up the interior red with black carpeting. I think that makes a huge difference.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11072062105_eed223351d_o.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	312176  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I agree with Yonkers about using black carpet with the red interior but I'd get Porsche Exclusive to also do the dash top portion in black with red stitching.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Here's another option that looks pretty good IMO. Black interior with red seats and red stitching on the black parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2710338605.png
Views:	273
Size:	533.7 KB
ID:	312195

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1593673451.png
Views:	235
Size:	586.3 KB
ID:	312196

Seats (front and rear) in deviated color is Z-option 25241 $1500
Deviated stitching are Z-options 24901, 24902, 24905, 26741, 26751, 26761 and 90027. All together $2340

Z-options are Porsche Exclusive options that can be specced by your dealer in their configurator. (These options are not on the public online configurator)

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
bentley2013gtc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Here's another option that looks pretty good IMO. Black interior with red seats and red stitching on the black parts.

Attachment 312195

Attachment 312196

Seats (front and rear) in deviated color is Z-option 25241 $1500
Deviated stitching are Z-options 24901, 24902, 24905, 26741, 26751, 26761 and 90027. All together $2340

Z-options are Porsche Exclusive options that can be specced by your dealer in their configurator. (These options are not on the public online configurator)

Suzy991 (iOS app)
Thanks for the in depth info, I was wondering why they didn't offer that type of color combo.

I was also playing with the configurator and the black upper dash and doors look good so I am now back to leaning toward the red. There are tons of silver with black interior so I guess it would be different.

Zzzzz, choices, choices!!!

Old 12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
If I were you I would have opted for red gauges. But your combination is what I was thinking of for my turbo build. Would you mind posting pictures of the outside of your car and the inside as well? I'd like to see what the red stitching with the beige interior looks like.
Speedsterr,
Do a search on this forum and type in red stitching and you will find plenty of pics of my car and Sanibel's with the red stitching on beige.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bentley2013gtc
Thanks for the in depth info, I was wondering why they didn't offer that type of color combo.

I was also playing with the configurator and the black upper dash and doors look good so I am now back to leaning toward the red. There are tons of silver with black interior so I guess it would be different.

Zzzzz, choices, choices!!!
Keep in mind that as long as you get full leather, the feel, the detail of the stitching (even non-deviating) and the silver trim gives the interior a special feeling and makes every drive "an occasion".

For that matter, thinking about your initial post: if you forgo the S and get a 991 MT with PSE and Sport PASM (lower and slightly stiffer but still supple) and perhaps 5mm spacers or the wider sport techno wheels, you can save a bundle and still have more than adequate performance in a very sporty and luxurous car. The 3.4 loves to rev and sounds very sweet.

It is hard to go wrong with a 991!!!

Old 12-17-2013, 06:52 PM
bboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nice
My options/my opinion:

Absolute Keepers -
S, PDK, PSE, Sport Chrono, Sport Wheel, Wheel Spacers, Guards Red/Black Leather, Smokers Package (even though I don't smoke)

Give or Take -
Sunroof, 14-way Pwr Seats

Regrets -
Bose Sound System (absolute rip-off)

Wish List -
Silver trim across door panels (nothing there doesn't look right)

Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Only one regret : SportChrono

I've always voiced the opinion there is little added value to the SportChrono. But playing around with it some more, it feel it is actually even worse than I previously thought. SportPlus shifts are HORRIBLE, feels like a novice is doing the shifting, unsettling the chassis, it really ruins the car in my opinion.

DO NOT get SportChrono !

Old 12-18-2013, 03:15 AM
pfijcali is infamous around these parts
Sunroof

Lose the sunroof if you can.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 AM
GMAC03 is infamous around these partsGMAC03 is infamous around these parts
A manual with x-51 would be a very exclusive In fact it would be the highest HP current 911 with a manual that Porsche makes . In my opinion that is very desireable.

Probably a discussion for a new thread, but is it possible the current 991 with x-51 and MT will hold there value better because they will be very rare.Wondering if MT will even be an option for 991.2

Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 AM
GMAC03 is infamous around these partsGMAC03 is infamous around these parts
"A manual with x-51 would be a very exclusive In fact it would be the highest HP current 911 with a manual that Porsche makes . In my opinion that is very desireable. ", this is from yyralis1 did not show as a quote

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready for new 911. Any option/color regrets?