Ready for new 911. Any option/color regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:49 AM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bentley2013gtc
I hear you, where I am at in Cali it's hard to get much over the speed limit without getting a ticket with LE everywhere, even the Cayman S was waaay more than I really needed but I need a back seat for Shelby the little one, lucky girl, she gets to sit closer to the engine haha!!
Forget the "S", get a C2 Cab (nice weather where you are), MT, PSE, full leather.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
I have an S Cab. Manual, full leather, white w/black interior, front and rear park assist, heated seats, no PSE, no Sport Chrono, no upgraded sound system. $117,000 list. I've had it for a year and a half, and the only option I regret not getting is seat ventilation. I drive it year round unless there's snow on the ground (my wife's snow tire shod 997 C4S is our snow car). The heated seats are great when it's cold, and having cool seats when I have the top down in the summer would have been nice.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
I was fine until I saw Edwardo's espresso/congnac interior on Rennlist. Stunning

Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Aranthir is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nicoff
Forget the "S", get a C2 Cab (nice weather where you are), MT, PSE, full leather.

agreed. I doubt you will notice 38 pounds of torque and 50 hp sitting in traffic in California. I'm sure its there when you mash the gas but honestly I doubt it amounts to much.

There's a place for the "S". If they were closer in price I'd make that choice but life has other expenses and I get 9.8/10ths of the experience.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM
1960apache has a spectacular aura about1960apache has a spectacular aura about
I think I have in narrowed down to a C4, silver, Aerokit cup, glass rood, Carrera S wheels, 7spd manual, Burmster, sport-crono, red leather interior sport seats, yellow dials and yellow seat belts.
I have decided I would rather give up the bigger brakes and more HP for more options that make it unique. There are so many cars, not just Porsches that are silver with black interior so I am trying to have something different.
I was at a show and saw cars like the Pagani with the silver/red interior, yes it is a bit loud but looks a bit more exotic and after all it is a Porsche and can be customized and ordered pretty much any way we want so why not go for it.
I have kept the different configurations on the Porsche 3D function and it looks so great and I have been looking at the final design every day and am not tired or bored with the Silver/Red combo.
Now for some tips on where to order it from to get the best discount possible, so any Dealer suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
1960, Sounds like you are building a nice car. Please take my humble advice and get the S. I have a C2 and after a year will be building my new car in the spring and it will definitely be an S. The 3.4 is fun especially in when over 4500 rpm, but the 3.8 is just a lot more athletic. Why the 4 in Hollywood? Appearance? If so skip the 4 and get a c2s. Otherwise if you can swing it just get the c4s.

As for where to buy it I am sure you have seen the thread recently on good dealers by region. If you are open to ordering outside of Cali go with Park Place here in Dallas. Its the premier dealer in Dallas for luxury cars and my experience can be echoed by by nearly everyone who has bought there. They have a good selection and will work with you on price. Reach out to JLannom@parkplace.com- Jim Lannom. He is a retired tech guy who is an enthusiast and been selling Porsche for 15 plus years(more as a hobby), but great guy and great deal on price.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 01-08-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
1960, Sounds like you are building a nice car. Please take my humble advice and get the S. I have a C2 and after a year will be building my new car in the spring and it will definitely be an S. The 3.4 is fun especially in when over 4500 rpm, but the 3.8 is just a lot more athletic. Why the 4 in Hollywood? Appearance? If so skip the 4 and get a c2s. Otherwise if you can swing it just get the c4s.

As for where to buy it I am sure you have seen the thread recently on good dealers by region. If you are open to ordering outside of Cali go with Park Place here in Dallas. Its the premier dealer in Dallas for luxury cars and my experience can be echoed by by nearly everyone who has bought there. They have a good selection and will work with you on price. Reach out to JLannom@parkplace.com- Jim Lannom. He is a retired tech guy who is an enthusiast and been selling Porsche for 15 plus years(more as a hobby), but great guy and great deal on price.
Thanks, do they give good discounts for ordered cars?

I know what you mean about the S, but since 90% of the cars life will probably never be much over 75mph since we have so many CHP that are just aching to nab someone in a Porsche or any sports car for that matter. The base 3.4 seems to be more involving with the manual trans and spend more time revving which is kind of fun.

I just like the wide body and would rather and thought I would rather have more options than the bigger motor and brakes etc.

Here are a few videos that have helped convince me, silver C4 with glass sunroof
And silver with red interior

Anybody have any advice how to get the calipers painted red and do a quality job? I do like the look of the S brakes with the red interior!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
I think silver on red is a fantastic combo. I've never seen one with yellow dials and seatbelts though. Have you seen that somewhere?

Old 01-08-2014, 12:07 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
yes they will help on discount with an ordered car. I'd shoot Jim and email and see what he can do for you.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM
jerryk991 is infamous around these partsjerryk991 is infamous around these parts
I agree with your reasoning although I wonder about the yellow seatbelts. I would seriously consider the sport exhaust and give up the Burmeister for the Bose to do it. I would also make sure you go to a dealer and actually sit in the seats and see which ones feel best as that certainly is most important.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Yonkers
I think silver on red is a fantastic combo. I've never seen one with yellow dials and seatbelts though. Have you seen that somewhere?
I used the Porsche 3D version of the configurator and tried tons of different combos for exterior and interior colors, at first I thought it might be a bit loud but after constantly looking at the color combo it just looks great. I am still 50/50 on the yellow dials, I would hate to burn out my retina's!

I think the other reason for the combo is just because it is possible with a Porsche, I could buy a Nissan Sentra with Sliver exterior and black interior so I can't see spending all this money and not getting something different.

Also I plan to keep the car for many years so that is why I have spent so much time trying different color combos!

Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1960apache
I used the Porsche 3D version of the configurator and tried tons of different combos for exterior and interior colors, at first I thought it might be a bit loud but after constantly looking at the color combo it just looks great. I am still 50/50 on the yellow dials, I would hate to burn out my retina's!

I think the other reason for the combo is just because it is possible with a Porsche, I could buy a Nissan Sentra with Sliver exterior and black interior so I can't see spending all this money and not getting something different.

Also I plan to keep the car for many years so that is why I have spent so much time trying different color combos!
One thing you might want to consider is breaking up the interior with black carpeting. Some people even do black dashboards but I prefer red.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11072062105_5b010ca264_z.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	318759  
Old 01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Yonkers
One thing you might want to consider is breaking up the interior with black carpeting. Some people even do black dashboards but I prefer red.

Or maybe Yellow floor mats!! haha! Ok enough overkill I was just planning on getting a set of black floor mats to use for everyday use and save the red ones for special occasions!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I did red interior with white car. Broke up the interior "redness" by leaving seat belts black and installed after market front carpets in black with red trim (and bought set of front factory carpets in black as backup) also went with white gauges. Broke up the all red situation very nicely.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Ulukai is infamous around these parts
For my white carrera S Cab I have ordered black interior with red seatbelts. Red top. All the red touches like the belts, top, rear lights and callipers are going to match beautifuly. I had beige interior in my old cayman but it was to much reflextions in the windscreen.
The car is supposed to be delivered in April/May.

What do you think about dimmed mirrors and cruise control? Something that you bought?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready for new 911. Any option/color regrets?