Ready for new 911. Any option/color regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Only possible regret is color.. To me a sports car must be black or red.. so mines black.. But every time I see a post of an agate grey, especially in the right lighting I think to myself.... Hmmm that would be nice....

Also Burmester.. Debated the Bose vs Burmester with myself and being an audiophile.. But by the time I decided I would go for it, I missed my lock date..

LED Headlights.. Was thinking about this one..

Glad my lock date snuck up on me.. otherwise I'd spent another $5K..

Last edited by scatkins; 01-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:22 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
2 Regrets on my first 991;

Agate/Pebble interior- looks beautiful but can get dirty easily
Steel Brakes- brake dust is horrible

Ordered my 2nd 991 with black leather interior and CCB's.....should be here next week.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BrandonH
2 Regrets on my first 991;

Agate/Pebble interior- looks beautiful but can get dirty easily
Steel Brakes- brake dust is horrible

Ordered my 2nd 991 with black leather interior and CCB's.....should be here next week.
For the cost of CCBs you could've hired a mobile car wash to wash your wheels 5 times a week for 2 years.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
For the cost of CCBs you could've hired a mobile car wash to wash your wheels 5 times a week for 2 years.
...stop being rational

Old 01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Here is an odd one. I park in a one stall garage and wished I got the electric folding mirrors. I didn't realize how wide the car is. It fits fine but I have to pay good attention on entry/exit. I realize you only gain an inch or two each side but I'd like the additional margin.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
I (sometimes) regret not going with the full leather interior and the sport design steering wheel. I sometimes also think about a different color, but that's not a regret per se. It's that the car looks so good in so many colors, and I can only carry one at a time!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 PM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
J... Secondly, I opted for white gauges but they only look white when the car isn't running. Once the engine is on and the gauges get lit, the white fades and at night it's completely gone and the gauges appear to have dark faces. I should've opted for yellow.
I would expect regardless of background colors chosen, the gauges would look the same at night. However I'm disappointed to hear that the white background is not visible while running the car during the day. Assuming that's the case, it's not worth the $1360 upgrade fee for something that you can only see when the car is turned off. Rather put that money towards the PSE.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:57 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jnscolo
Here is an odd one. I park in a one stall garage and wished I got the electric folding mirrors. I didn't realize how wide the car is. It fits fine but I have to pay good attention on entry/exit. I realize you only gain an inch or two each side but I'd like the additional margin.
I have the same issue.. And I also have an oddball turn I have to make to get lined up properly for the garage and if I'm not paying attention a couple of times I've gotten way to close..

One reason I got the much maligned parking assist.. Which actually works quite well in this regard.. At least for keeping centered..

Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bccars
Only one regret : SportChrono

I've always voiced the opinion there is little added value to the SportChrono. But playing around with it some more, it feel it is actually even worse than I previously thought. SportPlus shifts are HORRIBLE, feels like a novice is doing the shifting, unsettling the chassis, it really ruins the car in my opinion.

DO NOT get SportChrono !
I rented a 911S for several days with the Sportchrono and felt the same way you did - definitely wasn't buying into that option. Then I took a test drive with my salesman who also races in club events. We discussed the value of the sports chronno and he asked how I used it and quickly showed me the error of my ways. Try putting the PDK into manual and sport chrono so your completely in control of when the car up or down shifts. It's a remarkable difference imo. Much crisper shifts with no delay whatsoever. When I had the transmission in "auto" and sports chrono, it was to radical and raw - like you said a waste. Give it a try - it's a completely different experience.