991 GT3 Actual Price vs MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Didn't ask for interest...should have though...

I was on the pre order list. Once your name comes up, you can then build/order your car to spec. All that is required at that time is a $5k deposit. I had $5K on a GT3 as well. My GT3 (different Dealership) came in 4 weeks prior to my RS. I let them keep it since I knew my RS was in transit at the time. The other dealership sold the GT3 in less then 48 hours after my viewing and release.

Taking delivery at Champion had avoided all mark-ups and they have treated me like a VIP customer from day one.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VID997
One should never under estimate the true track potential of a properly sorted out Turbo.

It's not that I don't like the turbo but it does not have the same intensity as a GT car. I think the GT2 may be the solution to my problem but those prices are climbing like all of the rest of the performance 997's.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Didn't ask for interest...should have though...

I was on the pre order list. Once your name comes up, you can then build/order your car to spec. All that is required at that time is a $5k deposit. I had $5K on a GT3 as well. My GT3 (different Dealership) came in 4 weeks prior to my RS. I let them keep it since I knew my RS was in transit at the time. The other dealership sold the GT3 in less then 48 hours after my viewing and release.

Taking delivery at Champion had avoided all mark-ups and they have treated me like a VIP customer from day one.
Your experience is frightening, I hope to not have that happen to me. Sorry you had to lose the $5k on the GT3.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
FLAT6KING:

I didn't lose my deposit on the GT3, they are required to give it back and yes I actually did receive interest on both of my deposits.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 PM
FLAT6KING:

I didn't lose my deposit on the GT3, they are required to give it back and yes I actually did receive interest on both of my deposits.
How do you like your turbo from Champion?

Old 12-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Honestly I still love my 09 CMS Turbo. Its just an amazing vehicle and it still puts a smile on my face every time I climb in the beast! If I would have taken delivery on the RS, I think I would have sold it already to due boredum and for being just a bit too common (at the track). No one ever suspects anything out of a turbo. I bought this car for track use, therefore 95% of its time is spent there.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 AM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I had a conversation with a sales rep at Stevens Creek. I asked about the GT3 wait list, and he said they had 2 allocations and they didn't have a list. They were just going to order them how they thought people would want them, and they would "try" to sell them for MSRP. Is there a single ethical dealer in the Bay Area? You'd think PCNA would care more about their customers than to let them get gauged.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Comedy indeed, as a whole I think the practice of "juicing" prices of cars taints the brand. PCNA is located here in Atlanta and they still do it. So if they can do it here and it is tolerated by the brand then what are we to do as buyers? It's like the drug dealer analogy, we want the product and we do whatever to get it. It's bad enough that they nickel & dime us for options but to pay $20k over MSRP for a more desirable model kinda burns my butter. Surely there is a reputable independent dealer out there that will offer sticker on these cars. Oh, and does anyone know if 918's prices are inflated too?

Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
A new 991 Turbo just went out from Stevens Creek for $40K over MSRP....

My experience with them has been awful. They are not a dealership I would buy from and I went out of state to get my new 991 C2 CAB because if it.

Originally Posted by CALGUY
Stevens Creek is a Penske dealership. Based on my personal knowledge Penske dealership do not ever mark up car as part of their policy. If you order it from them the car will be MSRP. It's the scum independents that buy cars from people that have an MSRP car and then THEY mark-up the car. I saw an RS7 on eBay at a Dallas independent and they wanted $20K over MSRP. $142K for a RS7. RIGHT!!!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I had a conversation with a sales rep at Stevens Creek. I asked about the GT3 wait list, and he said they had 2 allocations and they didn't have a list. They were just going to order them how they thought people would want them, and they would "try" to sell them for MSRP. Is there a single ethical dealer in the Bay Area? You'd think PCNA would care more about their customers than to let them get gauged.
I guarantee if I walked in there I would be sold one at MSRP. I have Purchased three cars from the Penske group including one from their sister store Audi of Stevens Creek. You don't call a dealer and ask them a question like that. They aren't going to take you or anyone serious over the phone.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997xpress
A new 991 Turbo just went out from Stevens Creek for $40K over MSRP....

My experience with them has been awful. They are not a dealership I would buy from and I went out of state to get my new 991 C2 CAB because if it.
Show me proof. i don't believe that story.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Show me proof. i don't believe that story.
If that is true, they should be investigated or something. That is nuts and if you are dumb enough to pay $240k for a Turbo S or extra stupid to pay that for a Turbo then you deserve to lose every penny.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:03 AM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I guarantee if I walked in there I would be sold one at MSRP. I have Purchased three cars from the Penske group including one from their sister store Audi of Stevens Creek. You don't call a dealer and ask them a question like that. They aren't going to take you or anyone serious over the phone.
Um, I never said the phone. This was on the sales floor. I was in getting service on my 991S and talking to the sales rep about potentially trading in for a GT3. I have only had bad experiences with the people at Stevens Creek.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
Maybe need a boycott list, I believe the Mitsu EVO 7/8 people got together and maintained a list of dealers who gouge, where they wouldn't buy cars from, (I think they even made harassing calls to the sales staff) cmon if they can do it Im sure we can too (boycott, not harassing calls)

Old 12-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
Originally Posted by lunarx
That is beyond un-ethical.
What a complete lack appreciation for customer loyalty.

Did you ask for interest on your deposit before getting it refunded
Why do they ask for a deposit, if they are going to treat your car as if it's dear inventory?

Would taking euro delivery help you secure MSRP (and more importantly cut slimy dealers, like "dick" out of their commission)?
I definitely try to avoid slimy dicks around me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Actual Price vs MSRP