991 GT3 Actual Price vs MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Turbotip is infamous around these partsTurbotip is infamous around these parts
991 GT3 Actual Price vs MSRP

For those of you who have already taken delivery or locked in a deal on the new GT3, are you finding that you have to pay a premium over MSRP? I have just been given the opportunity to get a car that is scheduled to arrive next week but it is $10k over MSRP. Any thoughts?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:23 PM
RobSpyder is infamous around these parts
Without an allocation you will likely pay over MSRP if you want a car now

Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
That's not bad to get one now. I'd do it.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM
GrayBlack is infamous around these parts
There's definitely a premium if you don't have allocation. I believe there's one at a local dealer for $5k over.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
You know, if we stop paying dealer markups, they'll stop adding them... Is this Stevens Creek? Most of the dealers in the Bay Area are scum.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Stevens Creek is a Penske dealership. Based on my personal knowledge Penske dealership do not ever mark up car as part of their policy. If you order it from them the car will be MSRP. It's the scum independents that buy cars from people that have an MSRP car and then THEY mark-up the car. I saw an RS7 on eBay at a Dallas independent and they wanted $20K over MSRP. $142K for a RS7. RIGHT!!!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Jerks, Hennessy Porsche does not add "juice" to their cars. That is where I will be doing my business.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Jerks, Hennessy Porsche does not add "juice" to their cars. That is where I will be doing my business.
Sorry, not the case with the GT3. Have a look over on Rennlist. Someone received an email from them quoting a "significant" premium over MSRP.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Wow, have to talk to my girl over there. That is why the GT3 is the one, sorry turbo lovers.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Wow, have to talk to my girl over there. That is why the GT3 is the one, sorry turbo lovers.
FYI, They were asking $20K over MSRP and it apparently sold.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Damn I don't want one that bad......but I understand. #smile

Old 12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Ok so we have a problem. Not enough cars for everyone to have thus driving prices. Okay, the solution:GTS. They should make as many of those as they want and hopefully it will have most of the good stuff from the GT3 like steering, sound, and maybe rear-steer (please Big Brown Jesus). It sucks but the prices are going to be crazy on GT cars and us GT3 guys may be forced to do GTS or gag....Turbo's.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Stevens Creek is a Penske dealership. Based on my personal knowledge Penske dealership do not ever mark up car as part of their policy. If you order it from them the car will be MSRP. It's the scum independents that buy cars from people that have an MSRP car and then THEY mark-up the car. I saw an RS7 on eBay at a Dallas independent and they wanted $20K over MSRP. $142K for a RS7. RIGHT!!!!!
I waited two years for my 07/08 built to spec GT3 RS from Stevens Creek and they sat on my down payment for two years. Once it finally arrived "Dick" the GM wanted $30K over MSRP!!!! I had been a customer there since the early 90's...they will NEVER see a single penny from me ever again. What's worst, The Penske Group... all divisions... will NEVER see any of my business ever again, PERIOD!

After dealing with Penske Corporate to resolve this matter, "Dick" the GM was still trying to suck more money out of me after we agreed on a OTD price, I walked out and called Champion the next morning and ordered a built to spec Werks1 Turbo, flew to Florida to take delivery and then had it shipped to me in San Jose.

Keep in mind my 08 RS came in two weeks after spending $3,600 in service work on my wife's C2S.

Not too sure if "Dick" is still there, but my Sales Rep moved on to Fetcher Jones shortly after as did all my service and required maintenance work.

Bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:08 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
...and us GT3 guys may be forced to do GTS or gag....Turbo's.
One should never under estimate the true track potential of a properly sorted out Turbo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quote.jpg
Views:	1502
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	316259  
Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VID997
I waited two years for my 07/08 built to spec GT3 RS from Stevens Creek and they sat on my down payment for two years. Once it finally arrived "Dick" the GM wanted $30K over MSRP!!!! I had been a customer there since the early 90's...they will NEVER see a single penny from me ever again. What's worst, The Penske Group... all divisions... will NEVER see any of my business ever again, PERIOD!

After dealing with Penske Corporate to resolve this matter, "Dick" the GM was still trying to suck more money out of me after we agreed on a OTD price, I walked out and called Champion the next morning and ordered a built to spec Werks1 Turbo, flew to Florida to take delivery and then had it shipped to me in San Jose.

Keep in mind my 08 RS came in two weeks after spending $3,600 in service work on my wife's C2S.

Not too sure if "Dick" is still there, but my Sales Rep moved on to Fetcher Jones shortly after as did all my service and required maintenance work.

Bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
That is beyond un-ethical.
What a complete lack appreciation for customer loyalty.

Did you ask for interest on your deposit before getting it refunded
Why do they ask for a deposit, if they are going to treat your car as if it's dear inventory?

Would taking euro delivery help you secure MSRP (and more importantly cut slimy dealers, like "dick" out of their commission)?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Actual Price vs MSRP