What Combination of Options Would Use ALL Center Console Buttons?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
What Combination of Options Would Use ALL Center Console Buttons?

I'm OCD and all those blank buttons on the center console bug me. I purchased some stickers (missiles, laser, and eject) to fill the blank buttons on the center console, so that lets me sleep easier. But I've never, ever, seen a 991 with every button on the center console used up. Does anybody know what combination of options would use up every button?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:16 PM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
Max is 4 left, 3 center, and 3 right.

Left: Sport, Sport Plus, shock control, stability control
Middle: Moonroof open, tilt, close
Right: Rear wing control, PSE, AutoStart control

Moonroof, PASM, Sport Chrono, and PSE are the options needed.

Any of the fixed rear aero options deletes the rear wing control.

3 remain unused

Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
Thank you LotF for confirming what I suspected. Maybe in the next redesign they can remove the two useless bottom buttons, and add a useful USB port under the remaining blank button at the bottom right side of the console. With all the incredible customization that Porsche allows, it's hard to believe they can't customize the center console so as to eliminate buttons that lead to nowhere.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Well, hopefully they use one unused to raise the front up in future Carreras...

Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SergePorsche
Thank you LotF for confirming what I suspected. Maybe in the next redesign they can remove the two useless bottom buttons, and add a useful USB port under the remaining blank button at the bottom right side of the console. With all the incredible customization that Porsche allows, it's hard to believe they can't customize the center console so as to eliminate buttons that lead to nowhere.
Or they can add a real rocket launcher to match your stickers...

Old 01-24-2014, 04:55 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
I think adding seat eject would be better. No need to get a concealed weapon permit either.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image3_zpsd2bb676c.jpeg
Views:	13117
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	324537  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:20 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
I wish the electronic parking brake was there instead of its current position underneath. BMW puts the E brake right behind the shifter and its much easier to use.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 AM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by STALKER
I wish the electronic parking brake was there instead of its current position underneath. BMW puts the E brake right behind the shifter and its much easier to use.
YES!!! The existing location of the E-Brake is my only quibble with the 991 design. It reminds me of the parking brake release in an old Buick.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by STALKER
^^^ +1

Even my 2012 Touareg has the E-Brake button on top of the console.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Does anyone have or know where one might find an exploded-view (pic or drawing) of the wiring to the center console buttons? Before i pull my own apart???

Also, I think I've seen the PSE and AS buttons in different positions before, and I may be old, but the PSE button could possibly be on the left side.... Maybe I am dreaming.

_____
2014 GT Silver C4S, PDK, SC

Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I wish the engine start/ stop button was located there, as opposed to the silly dummy key.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dux
I wish the engine start/ stop button was located there, as opposed to the silly dummy key.
Absolutely! I skipped the ridiculous "keyless" entry option for that very reason. A fake key in the dash. Sheesh.

I would have got it if there was a button.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BradB
Absolutely! I skipped the ridiculous "keyless" entry option for that very reason. A fake key in the dash. Sheesh. I would have got it if there was a button.
Well I always have to say it's not keyless entry it's keyless ignition.. Keyless entry is standard on just about any car now days..

But I agree it is useless.. I debated with myself getting it.. Got the usual comments that it was more convenient when asking other forum members.. Luckily my wife had it on her car and I realized how absolutely useless it was in practice.. And it causes all kinds of snafus as to " where is the key.. I thought u had it? Oh wait it's in your purse.. More than one fiasco. No thanks

Old 01-25-2014, 02:34 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SergePorsche
I'm OCD and all those blank buttons on the center console bug me. I purchased some stickers (missiles, laser, and eject) to fill the blank buttons on the center console, so that lets me sleep easier. But I've never, ever, seen a 991 with every button on the center console used up. Does anybody know what combination of options would use up every button?
I suspect they aren't all currently used.. there are a couple of spares otherwise they would have to redesign the console if they added new options..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LotF
Max is 4 left, 3 center, and 3 right.

Left: Sport, Sport Plus, shock control, stability control
Middle: Moonroof open, tilt, close
Right: Rear wing control, PSE, AutoStart control

Moonroof, PASM, Sport Chrono, and PSE are the options needed.

Any of the fixed rear aero options deletes the rear wing control.

3 remain unused
Doesn't power steering plus have a button?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Combination of Options Would Use ALL Center Console Buttons?