LED lights for 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Arrow LED lights for 991

Yes, I'm still going over which options to get and I am now on the Lights. I have searched for how the LED lights look at night and if anyone here has them and has any pro's or con's about them?

I kinda like the more traditional look of the PDL's and in that sense, have even veered away from the Black PDL's.

I have looked for LED 911 (991) lights at night at Dealer but have yet to see any...

Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Yes, I'm still going over which options to get and I am now on the Lights. I have searched for how the LED lights look at night and if anyone here has them and has any pro's or con's about them?

I kinda like the more traditional look of the PDL's and in that sense, have even veered away from the Black PDL's.

I have looked for LED 911 (991) lights at night at Dealer but have yet to see any...
I have them on my new GT3 and absolutely love the look, both daytime and at night. The night time lighting is spectacular. Was on a curvy mountain road the other day and the illumination was terrific, better than my 991 with xenon's (and PDLS). This new LED lighting system is terrific. Here are some pics. Hope this helps.
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	326848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0562.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	326849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0605.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	326850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	326851   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	326852  

Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold

Couple more...

Name:	IMG_0768.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	326853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	326854  
Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCBH
Couple more...
Love the led lights but I'm even more impressed by your garage floor.

What kind of tiles did you use that can support the weight of the car without cracking?

Also do you have a full time housekeeper keeping the garage floor that spotless? If not how does it normally look?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Love the led lights but I'm even more impressed by your garage floor. What kind of tiles did you use that can support the weight of the car without cracking? Also do you have a full time housekeeper keeping the garage floor that spotless? If not how does it normally look?
Haha - it is 18" x 18" absolute granite - actually virtually no upkeep. Since we are in California, little rain and it never gets dirty. Light dusting etc every week but other than that, easy.
Had it for about 3 years and had it re-sealed once, and re-grouted. Minor stuff.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:14 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
JCBH The light s are impressive! The halo's look interesting at night. I'm going to look at the pics over a week period and see how they wear on me...lol Maybe they will enlighten me...

I have to reiterate Stealth.pilot in that those Granite tiles are really awesome. I had something similar once and the tiler said that they would put mud on both the bottom of the tile as well as the floor for added strength. I also assume that if your garage floor is leveled first using a leveling compound, the tiles might never crack...

My dealership has some nice stuff on their garage floor that makes the tires squeak every time I drive on it. Some type of paint/process. Easier to apply, but not as nice to look at.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:13 AM
JCBH The light s are impressive! The halo's look interesting at night. I'm going to look at the pics over a week period and see how they wear on me...lol Maybe they will enlighten me...

I have to reiterate Stealth.pilot in that those Granite tiles are really awesome. I had something similar once and the tiler said that they would put mud on both the bottom of the tile as well as the floor for added strength. I also assume that if your garage floor is leveled first using a leveling compound, the tiles might never crack...

My dealership has some nice stuff on their garage floor that makes the tires squeak every time I drive on it. Some type of paint/process. Easier to apply, but not as nice to look at.
Yeah, the garage was leveled when we did it and very secure. No squeaking for me, but easy to clean. A perfect combination for me; nice to look at, easy to keep clean.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Yeah, the garage was leveled when we did it and very secure. No squeaking for me, but easy to clean. A perfect combination for me; nice to look at, easy to keep clean.
JCBH, a quick question on the LED's. During the day, which lights are on? Are the bottom strips on along with the halo one's? I like the look a lot and wish I would have added them to mine. Thanks

Old 02-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
JCBH, a quick question on the LED's. During the day, which lights are on? Are the bottom strips on along with the halo one's? I like the look a lot and wish I would have added them to mine. Thanks
Just the four LED spots and halo on each headlight - the horizontal strips are not on during the day. During the day, not always easy to see the halo, but it is on. Here is a pic.

Name:	image-2760020179.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	493.3 KB
ID:	328144  
Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Just the four LED spots and halo on each headlight - the horizontal strips are not on during the day. During the day, not always easy to see the halo, but it is on. Here is a pic.

So when do the horizontal strips below the headlights turn on? Only with the headlights on?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by empunker
So when do the horizontal strips below the headlights turn on? Only with the headlights on?
Yeah, I believe so.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Haha - it is 18" x 18" absolute granite - actually virtually no upkeep. Since we are in California, little rain and it never gets dirty. Light dusting etc every week but other than that, easy.
Had it for about 3 years and had it re-sealed once, and re-grouted. Minor stuff.
I'm not sure which I'd be more interested in seeing...the new GT3 or the garage.

BTW, we are neighbors, I just live south of BH in Pico-Robertson.

Steve

Old 02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Question Either way it looks great.

JCBH, not to thread-jack my own thread but is the front of your 911 the GT3, or the sport cup design version?

Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
JCBH, not to thread-jack my own thread but is the front of your 911 the GT3, or the sport cup design version?
Hi. I have a new GT3.