Luxor Beige interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Money2536
I feel like 75% of the cars I've seen at dealerships in FL have Luxor Beige. I guess people think it's better for the heat. I couldn't imagine owning a car with a Beige interior. Maybe my opinion will change with age, but it makes me picture a 60 year-old CPA with shorts pulled up to his chest, wearing some sandals with knee-high socks, while driving the car 10 miles an hour below the speed limit. Sorry, just my opinion.
That's some funny stuff Money! I see your from the villages in FL though? Tell us just how old you are?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
That's some funny stuff Money! I see your from the villages in FL though? Tell us just how old you are?
I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and not offer up my opinions that challenge the status quo. It just makes people mad.

I acutally live in Lady Lake which is one of the towns that makes up The Villages. I'm 34 with kids, so they wouldn't let me actually live in "Retiree Disney Land."

Old 01-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I get lots of compliments on my Luxor Beige interior and love it. There's nothing old-manish about it. If 75% of Florida cars have it, then it's obviously in demand and appreciated by 75% of 911 buyers in Florida and none of them wear their shorts up to their **** and socks with their sandals. Show some respect to your brethren and stop talking such trash.
I'm sorry to offend (not entirely), but OP asked for opinions. In my twisted mind, this

equals this

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hiking_in_Knee_Socks%2C_Sandals%2C_and_Cut-offs.jpg
Views:	4727
Size:	6.75 MB
ID:	327781   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013%20Porsche%20911%20interior%202.jpg
Views:	16330
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	327782  
Old 01-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
You don't even pause to remove one foot before putting the other in your mouth. I have a sneaking suspicion that you aren't an actual Porsche owner because an actual Porsche owner wouldn't purposely try to offend other Porsche owners. Your attempts at humor epically fail. You really should troll elsewhere.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:09 PM
You don't even pause to remove one foot before putting the other in your mouth. I have a sneaking suspicion that you aren't an actual Porsche owner because an actual Porsche owner wouldn't purposely try to offend other Porsche owners. Your attempts at humor epically fail. You really should troll elsewhere.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll quit. I am used to messing around with the less grown up crowd over on M3Post. I guess I'm not as funny as I think I am. I would rather not get banned before receiving my car.

I don't know if I'm exactly a troll, but I am not a Porsche owner yet. My car is in route to Brunswick port as I type, so I guess it's a little too late to change my interior color to Luxor. I am hoping to pick up from the dealer toward the end of next week. I'll be sure to take a few photos and provide a VIN upon receipt.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
If the picture of the guy with the white socks and cutoff jean shorts were wearing a fanny pack instead of a backpack, then THAT woud've been funny!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 PM
If the picture of the guy with the white socks and cutoff jean shorts were wearing a fanny pack instead of a backpack, then THAT woud've been funny!
Dang it! I knew I was close...

Old 02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Crazy how people get mad when challenged their taste. And funny how TO ME ANY car MUST have beige or white interior. I wont even look at ANY car with black interior.

That's why the world is fun. Because we have different tastes!

Peace! Eh eh

I am just thinking of the guy in shorts who sees his picture posted here...!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The 993 had a much better light color called cashmere . The natual brown in the 997 also is acceptable . Neither are extraordinary . Luxuor beige is IMO awful . The first time I saw it in a 996 it looked like some type of diulted diarrhea and no matter how hard I try to get past it over time ... I just can't .

Color choices are a personal decision . Luxor beige would be a dealbreaker for me.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The 993 had a much better light color called cashmere . The natual brown in the 997 also is acceptable . Neither are extraordinary . Luxuor beige is IMO awful . The first time I saw it in a 996 it looked like some type of diulted diarrhea and no matter how hard I try to get past it over time ... I just can't . Color choices are a personal decision . Luxor beige would be a dealbreaker for me.
I'm sure that will **** some off..

But I wanted to like Luxor but I just couldn't. Had too much orange or red in it in the bright sun for me. Wanted a light brown but there really is nothing standard.. The old sand beige was better and looked good in contrast with a black exterior..
All personal preferences and no right or wrong

Old 02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ale70
Crazy how people get mad when challenged their taste. And funny how TO ME ANY car MUST have beige or white interior. I wont even look at ANY car with black interior. That's why the world is fun. Because we have different tastes! Peace! Eh eh I am just thinking of the guy in shorts who sees his picture posted here...!
I don't like Black either, but for me a Porsche must have a two-tone interior. I can't stand sitting in a car where the dash is the same color as the seats.

These are the only interiors I like in a 991:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-porsche-911-turbo-37_1600x0w.jpg
Views:	4587
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	328385   Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche-911-carrera-4s-991-coupe-68300979-3.jpg
Views:	4549
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	328386  

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 02-02-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I get lots of compliments on my Luxor Beige interior and love it. There's nothing old-manish about it. If 75% of Florida cars have it, then it's obviously in demand and appreciated by 75% of 911 buyers in Florida and none of them wear their shorts up to their **** and socks with their sandals. Show some respect to your brethren and stop talking such trash.
No offense but 90% of 911 buyers are 46-65 with an average age of 52. I'm 37 so from my perspective any popular 911 configuration is likely to be bought by an old man.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Money2536
I'm sorry to offend (not entirely), but OP asked for opinions. In my twisted mind, this equals this
Lmao,

Actually this guy drives a 69 beetle.. Rusty, with the front right headlight out.. But one day dreams of a Prius he can drive around in the forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
I currently have luxor beige interior.

1. glare on the windshield is awful, but gets better with polarized sunglasses. It is irritating at dusk and dawn when I really cannot use my sunglasses.

2. does get dirty easily.... especially at the edges. Some leather cleaner and conditioner took care of it.

Personal preference.... I always like lighter interiors in my cars..... no regrets at all.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mas8002mi
I currently have luxor beige interior.

1. glare on the windshield is awful, but gets better with polarized sunglasses. It is irritating at dusk and dawn when I really cannot use my sunglasses.

2. does get dirty easily.... especially at the edges. Some leather cleaner and conditioner took care of it.

Personal preference.... I always like lighter interiors in my cars..... no regrets at all.
+1

I had a black interior at age 21. Never f'in again. A hot pit, IMO, and I've gone with light interiors since then. Enough heat buildup in the DC sun to start to melt the roof liner glue off over time was uncool.

I ordered with Luxor (@ 43 - but beige or gray a number of times since 21) and am happy, other than occasional glare (normally not an issue for me either, a few times I've found it irritating) and a bit of color transfer from pants (which wipes right off).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Luxor Beige interior?