Luxor Beige interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Luxor Beige interior?

What are your opinions? I've always had black interior but Im looking at a C2S that has beige. Its a great deal so I think I could deal with it for a year or two.

thoughts?

Old 01-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Funny you post this. I almost didn't buy my car because of the interior color...Luxor Beige. The car was offered at a tremedous value in my opion. However, now that I've had it for a few months, I am OK with it. It is a nice color and matches with the exterior (Agate Grey) well. I would still prefer a black with devitated sticthed interior, but I like it how it is now!

Some opinoins I've received: looks 'classic', looks 'old' it's too 'light'...

Keep us posted and hope this helps!

Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Ulukai is infamous around these parts
I had it in my cayman S but the reflections in the window was soo anoying. Never again beige.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I have Luxor with loads of red contrast stitching and it looks great. I agree, however, that the light dash is way too reflective. If there's a next time, I'll either get an Alcantara dash or a dark leather dash. But, wearing polarized sunglasses minimizes the glare.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with Sanibel. Love the way Luxor looks, but you do get bad reflection. I really don't notice it much anymore, and with sunglasses it mostly disappears, but if I had to do it over again, would go with a darker color dash.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 PM
dyim is infamous around these parts
You need to get this

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	327509  
Old 01-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like 75% of the cars I've seen at dealerships in FL have Luxor Beige. I guess people think it's better for the heat. I couldn't imagine owning a car with a Beige interior. Maybe my opinion will change with age, but it makes me picture a 60 year-old CPA with shorts pulled up to his chest, wearing some sandals with knee-high socks, while driving the car 10 miles an hour below the speed limit. Sorry, just my opinion.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:50 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by Money2536
I feel like 75% of the cars I've seen at dealerships in FL have Luxor Beige. I guess people think it's better for the heat. I couldn't imagine owning a car with a Beige interior. Maybe my opinion will change with age, but it makes me picture a 60 year-old CPA with shorts pulled up to his chest, wearing some sandals with knee-high socks, while driving the car 10 miles an hour below the speed limit. Sorry, just my opinion.
kinda my feelings as well!!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Go for it. I was originally set on black until I actually saw a Luxor Beige in person. I bought my car blindly (hadn't seen white/beige in the flesh), but I love it. It beautifully highlights the interior, to a point that black never could IMO.

Regarding the reflection, I honestly never noticed it until multiple people complained about it on the forum. It doesn't bother me at all.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I get lots of compliments on my Luxor Beige interior and love it. There's nothing old-manish about it. If 75% of Florida cars have it, then it's obviously in demand and appreciated by 75% of 911 buyers in Florida and none of them wear their shorts up to their **** and socks with their sandals. Show some respect to your brethren and stop talking such trash.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Fixinbones is infamous around these partsFixinbones is infamous around these parts
My concern is for showing too much dirt on the seats. The windshield glare is also a nuisance

Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Fixinbones
My concern is for showing too much dirt on the seats. The windshield glare is also a nuisance
After 2,000 miles and 4 months of driving, my seats look brand new and show no dirt whatsoever.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:21 PM
dyim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Mine is showing some dark discolouration on the side bolster from the rubbing when getting in and out. 8 months and about 7000 miles. Have not tried to clean it yet.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
It's a personal preference. What is the exterior colour? I personally prefer black but the luxor is a really nice colour also. I feel that black is a little more sporty and beige a little more luxury oriented.

If it's a good deal, go for it.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dyim
Mine is showing some dark discolouration on the side bolster from the rubbing when getting in and out. 8 months and about 7000 miles. Have not tried to clean it yet.
4,000 miles here, and I had the same problem. My driver's seat was extremely discolored from jeans. I gave the interior a full detail a week ago, and Mother's leather cleaner took all of the dye off. Looks brand-new.

Originally Posted by LPB987S
It's a personal preference. What is the exterior colour? I personally prefer black but the luxor is a really nice colour also. I feel that black is a little more sporty and beige a little more luxury oriented.

If it's a good deal, go for it.
Agreed; black is sportier, beige is more "luxurious," if you will.

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I get lots of compliments on my Luxor Beige interior and love it. There's nothing old-manish about it. If 75% of Florida cars have it, then it's obviously in demand and appreciated by 75% of 911 buyers in Florida and none of them wear their shorts up to their **** and socks with their sandals. Show some respect to your brethren and stop talking such trash.
+1. Nothing but compliments on mine as well. Nothing against black, but Luxor makes the interior pop.

Last edited by Christophosphorus; 01-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Luxor Beige interior?