Waiting for GT3? Uh oh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Waiting for GT3? Uh oh

Deliveries suspended?

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/02/15/d...rce=feedburner

Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Craziness

Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
The Corvette forum will enjoy this.....

Old 02-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Haku: keep us posted on this. Hope there's no delivery impact!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 AM
AllForTheCash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lunarx
The Corvette forum will enjoy this.....
most likely... I wonder what the cause is.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
It must be a gas line leak.
I cant think of any other fluid that flamamable.
You think a problem like that would have been caught in testing.

Probably dont want to follow any GT3's too closely at the track.
When they light up the track can get real slippery.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
This is exactly why I never purchase a first-year release of any model. The tops were flying off the newly released C6-ZO6 in 2006 and the Mustang Cobra (Terminator) had serious mechanical issues in the beginning of 2003.

Not to mention my new 944 with six-hundred miles on the clock. The car had stalled while I was picking my wife up from shopping. The cam belt had snapped and every valve smashed every piston when I tried to restart the car. Uh-oh!--engine time. The following year gave way to a newer design that avoided the valve-clearance issue when a cam belt failed.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:00 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
I'd rather it be oil then gas. Think about it, lots of our friends on 6speed has their cars already. How safe would you feel if you already have your car? I hope PCNA was able to identify the chassis that were affected but what if your car went up in flames after your warranty period? Do you take your car to the dealership and ask them to physically show you where the issue was (or was indicated on certain cars)? That may make me feel better but guys like me that may want to buy a used one may have to think twice.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Fuel pump? Different than regular non-fire Carreras? Damn I hope this doesn't afflict other 911's. I don't want to light up on the way to work.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 PM
AllForTheCash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lunarx
You think a problem like that would have been caught in testing.
Its amazing what they don't pick up on testing...or maybe just don't care!!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Limited Vin run. Oil cooler bracket and bolt. It's not gas starting the fire. It's oil. It's not affecting current production.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AllForTheCash
Its amazing what they don't pick up on testing...or maybe just don't care!!
I just think that no matter how they test, us owners find something new to break.

I have owned a bunch of first years and have been "burned" many times. My two worst were the 1993 Mazda RX-7 and 2010 BMW X5M. Great drivers cars. I loved them so and hated them at the same time.

Marc

Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 998M
I just think that no matter how they test, us owners find something new to break. I have owned a bunch of first years and have been "burned" many times. My two worst were the 1993 Mazda RX-7 and 2010 BMW X5M. Great drivers cars. I loved them so and hated them at the same time. Marc
GTI VR6 MK4 crappy first run car. Dealer gave me another one no cost.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:19 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
GTI VR6 MK4 crappy first run car. Dealer gave me another one no cost.
Really?!? Such a bummer. Always like that car and never bought one.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Limited Vin run. Oil cooler bracket and bolt. It's not gas starting the fire. It's oil. It's not affecting current production.
Is that confirmed? Good they figured it out so fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waiting for GT3? Uh oh