what are we going to see in 991.2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 09:22 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
I like it a lot.. It's just not a 911.. Well maybe a 2050 911

Originally Posted by HotHonda
Who knows when, but this is easy on my eyes.....

Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SergePorsche
The 991 is almost perfect as it is. But if I had any say, in ADDITION to the previously mentioned items, I'd like to see...

1) Parking brake moved to center console where I can see it.
2) USB port in center console (not just in glove box)
3) Space for my smart phone to sit within reach (I don't like to put it in a closed glove box)
4) Ability to remove center console buttons that are not needed.
5) An "engine start button" rather than a stupid **** to turn
Agreed on these points. I find it annoying when I can't find an actual space for my phone… I always end up throwing it onto the passenger seat. They should redesign the "change cup" and allow for an average phone to fit there.

Originally Posted by chance6
Hell just eliminate the cupholders altogether. Saves weight. They suck anyway.
They're horrible. It'd be an easy redesign, though… the problem lies with the hinged extension that opens up. It's way too shallow.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:36 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
No judgments, since we all expect/want different things in our 911...

But when the enthusiasts start saying that the way to make the car better is with bluetooth, parking brake location, apple integration, cupholders, the hassle of turning the ignition key etc. you know the hard-edged days of the classic 911's are behind us and gone for good

Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KonaKai

But when the enthusiasts start saying that the way to make the car better is with bluetooth, parking brake location, apple integration, cupholders, the hassle of turning the ignition key etc. you know the hard-edged days of the classic 911's are behind us and gone for good
I think those days ended with the 993.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold

Most of us want more torque.
Our rival has 1-2/3 X more displacement than us and 1 MPG better fuel economy.
I think we deserve 4.3L for what we pay.
Imagine the improvement in exhaust sound.

The fact that so many are wishing for improved ammenities, just proves the 911 is plenty hard edged on the performance side.
It is the best it has ever been.
The old technology has been surpassed.

I do wish the PCM had a rotary controller though.
Its hard to use a touch screen in a car that bounces around.
Then our right hand would have something to do, since it is not shifting anymore.

I would also like a charging port, in the forward door pocket.
Phones fit perfectly there.

It would also be nice to see better control technology than the unreliable change over valves of the current model.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree with you on that point..

I think part of the problem is the car is pretty darn great, so in a lot of ways some of the creature comforts are where you can pick..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lunarx
I do wish the PCM had a rotary controller though.
Its hard to use a touch screen in a car that bounces around.
Originally Posted by Dominic in London
I'd have all of those except perhaps the mouse for the screen. Happy to touch - but more responsive please. It's so slow.
Originally Posted by SergePorsche
7) Mouse-driven PCM rather than touchscreen that smudges.

Did you know that you can control the PCM via the small **** on the right hand side of the PCM console, opposite from the volume ****? As well as through the various control buttons.

That is what I use to control the PCM. It is quick and clean (no oily screen).

Old 03-07-2014, 01:16 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Honestly, I love the ignition on the left. It's part of what Porsche has always been, and I hope they will not switch for a Start Button, like all my other cars....

Old 03-07-2014, 01:18 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
^This!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Me too. I actually hate push button start and prefer a key.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:49 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by liamduong
yes. better cup holders.
I don't understand the hate for the cup holders...

They work fine for me...just curious if user error is playing a part in this hate...Meaning, you need to close the center part which then locks in the cup holder arms and keeps them from moving around.

If that is NOT the issue, what is? They hold my travel coffee mug just fine.

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
the cupholders are just in an awkward location and if you spill coffee for example it will land on the center console. Major bugaboo. I end up just holding my coffee anyway and driving my PDK in auto mode for that time.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by socalsteve
I don't understand the hate for the cup holders...

They work fine for me...just curious if user error is playing a part in this hate...Meaning, you need to close the center part which then locks in the cup holder arms and keeps them from moving around.

If that is NOT the issue, what is? They hold my travel coffee mug just fine.

Inquiring minds wanna know!
Yeah, I agree.. I don't use them all that much.. But they work just fine when you close the lid thing... I try not to do a lot of drinking in the car anyway, but it works just fine for a water bottle or on occasion a drive through drink..

I like it much better than if they had a big hole in the center somewhere..

Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Big problems if drink holders are the major frustration on a 100K + sports car..

You know I hear the Prius has a nice drink holder..

Old 03-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stalker
me too. I actually hate push button start and prefer a key.
+1...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what are we going to see in 991.2?