what are we going to see in 991.2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Who knows when, but this is easy on my eyes.....

This looks awesome!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:55 PM
vangulik42 is infamous around these parts
991,2 Carrera 4?

Can we expect the 991.2 Carrera 4's to become available at the same time, or very soon after, the RWD 991.2's?

On the cup-holders, I never use them to avoid the possibility of coffee leaking onto, and into, the center console. An electronic nightmare could result.

Last edited by vangulik42; 06-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:26 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lunarx
Most of us want more torque.
Our rival has 1-2/3 X more displacement than us and 1 MPG better fuel economy.
I think we deserve 4.3L for what we pay.
Imagine the improvement in exhaust sound.
From the spy shots and videos, it seems that starting with the base models, we will get more torque as you wish, but from a Turbo 4 with less displacement

Old 06-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
One thing for sure as options become standard each one will be factored in the base price. So I wouldn't wish for options to migrate to the base price. Porsche has never given anything away. As a result they not going to start now. I would rather see the base to be as simple as possible. This way people can add whatever they want and pay according to their preferences. So standard LEDs are not a good idea. Performance and materials enhancements should be what a base car consists of. The non S and S is a good thing to keep so again people that don't want to pay more for extra HP don't have to. Meanwhile we will see how they market the .2

Old 06-18-2014, 08:51 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Mink center console option

Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scatkins
Big problems if drink holders are the major frustration on a 100K + sports car..

You know I hear the Prius has a nice drink holder..
True, but they are absolute crap. It is a sports car, but it is also a car that many of us owners drive on a daily basis. The actual holder attachments are too shallow to hold anything meaningful for a morning commute. 9 out of 10 of my coffee cups or mugs do not fit.

I'm fine with buying my coffee at my destination, but for the off chance that I, or a passenger, has a drink, it turns into a nightmare.

A simple redesign with a deeper-swinging holder will address the issue.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
It will be interesting to see what can be done with a 4 Cyl Turbo.
The most powerfull 4 cyl Turbo is the CLA-45 at 360 HP.
It needs nearly 2Bar to get that power.
Im not sure I would want to trade nearly 1/2 my displacement for a 2L Turbo.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lunarx
It will be interesting to see what can be done with a 4 Cyl Turbo.
The most powerfull 4 cyl Turbo is the CLA-45 at 360 HP.
It needs nearly 2Bar to get that power.
Im not sure I would want to trade nearly 1/2 my displacement for a 2L Turbo.

I had an A45AMG demo for the weekend (hatchback version of the CLA45) and that engine is horrible, It feels overworked/overboosted all the time, you get a vacuum cleaner sound from the exhaust and its not as fast as it should be. Imo AMG failed to hit the spot with this little engine, Porsche should do better, but I am not sold yet.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by galion
I had an A45AMG demo for the weekend (hatchback version of the CLA45) and that engine is horrible, It feels overworked/overboosted all the time, you get a vacuum cleaner sound from the exhaust and its not as fast as it should be. Imo AMG failed to hit the spot with this little engine, Porsche should do better, but I am not sold yet.

damn, if they do that 4-turbo, I'm outta here. I can tell you this much, with that boost in the CLA45, it will last 50k miles tops, then the engine blows. ...hahaha

Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 AM
wanderfalke is infamous around these parts
Performance wise porsche does not have a history of going backwards.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:55 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by frank69m
damn, if they do that 4-turbo, I'm outta here.
Ditto, IF the 4 pot is aplied to the 911's, not acceptable.
If they only rape the Boxster or Cayman, I would be fine with that.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Well is looks like that Macan steering wheel is making its way into the Boxster,go to 1:27. I would imagine the 911 will also get it the same wheel for MY16. They are also covering the PCM display. Hopefully that gets an update as well. The expanded line up is parading around Beverly Hills. Check out the Targa GTS.

Here is the video below.

http://jalopnik.com/gaggle-of-porsch...-an-1610883359

Last edited by tommyboy214; 07-25-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:48 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by galion
If AMG didn't succeed don't think porsche will do much better. AMG engines are best in world.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Grunty is infamous around these parts
Nein, ze kupholders are perfekt!

Seriously, I love them because they are so utterly silly.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
True, but they are absolute crap. It is a sports car, but it is also a car that many of us owners drive on a daily basis. The actual holder attachments are too shallow to hold anything meaningful for a morning commute. 9 out of 10 of my coffee cups or mugs do not fit.

I'm fine with buying my coffee at my destination, but for the off chance that I, or a passenger, has a drink, it turns into a nightmare.

A simple redesign with a deeper-swinging holder will address the issue.
Isn't that being a bit melodramatic? Its a cup holder, not brakes, transmission or any other part of the car that makes it run and run safely.

Its funny you should comment so negatively on the design of the cupholders as I use a coffee travel mug daily in my 991 and find that it works perfectly...You can actually call it a "wet dream"....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what are we going to see in 991.2?