what are we going to see in 991.2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 AM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
what are we going to see in 991.2?

hey guys!

My porsche crave is back! The more I drive my dad's cayenne 3.6 The more I want a p car back. I think it's time to save up. Roughly, when will it be released? I think it will be out late 2015 ( my guess ) But Things are different now with porsche these days. Will there be an E hybrid 991 or something?

1. 918 spyder steering wheel ( macan style )
2. some minor change to head/rear lights?
3. 405hp?
4. PDK refines
5. some interior update

Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
A back up camera.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
PCM update.

Maybe rear steering as an option?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:25 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BradB
A back up camera.
+1 on the backup camera.. Definitely a missing option...

Better support for iPhone's as Bluetooth Aux sources.. Even integration with my daughters 2012 Scion is better.

Remembers Sport and PSE last ON/OFF status (completely annoying having to turn Sport on every time I get in car). Park Assist ON/OFF status..

Better interior lighting or make LED lighting package available as a stand alone package (instead of bundled with Keyless Ignition).

Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
The face-lifted/refreshed 991.2 should be out in fall of 2015 as a 2016 model year.

I predict it will have those small PCM/PDK updates already mentioned as well as additional horsepower for both engines. And of course a different front bumper design and possibly different tail-light shape.

The base prices should also increase and there may be more extra cost options available to choose from, but I doubt Porsche will add any standard equipment to the list (like LED headlights).

Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully they'll fit the back-up camera as stardard with PCM as opposed to a separate option, but I doubt it. Also hopeful that they'll bring down the cost of the LED headlights a bit as it becomes a bit more common in other cars, but I doubt that too.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eg991
Hopefully they'll fit the back-up camera as stardard with PCM as opposed to a separate option, but I doubt it. Also hopeful that they'll bring down the cost of the LED headlights a bit as it becomes a bit more common in other cars, but I doubt that too.
Not sure if PA meets the requirements of the backup devices law in the US. I know it can be met with combinations of sensors and mirrors just not sure if PA meets the requirements. So either the cam or rear PA sensors will be standard at some point soon..

After having the PA for a while now, I think it is useful.. but not a replacement for a cam as I've found both are useful but in slightly different ways.

Yeah, LED's maybe by the time of the 991's successor. But by then the Base 911 stripped will be $110K probably anyway..

Old 03-04-2014, 02:05 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
A fix for the buffeting issue, please (I have read somewhere that the 'sport' mirrors do not fix it completely, but not sure if it is accurate).

This is the kind of thread where we are all going to list our fantasies rather than what Porsche marketing has in mind, but with a but of luck, they could be reading this

Old 03-04-2014, 02:34 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Predictions:
1) The exterior will look like a 911. Got at least one right.

2) The more interesting part will be under the skin. New lighter weight materials- magnesium, higher strength aluminum, carbon fiber. Lighter weight components, lighter gross weight and slightly smaller over all lengths. Efficiency will be the lead story- performance will go up.

3) The refresh has the job of leading the way to more differentiation of the 891 successor from the 991 successor, now that it effectively makes no difference where the engine is located, V4 Turbo-Electrics are legit sports racer mills. Engineering and design can be optimized around marketing and ROI requirements.

4) The debate about MT vs PDK will be nostalgia, replaced by flat 6 vs V8 vs V4.

5) It may be necessary to rename the website.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 03-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
My 991.2 predictions....

When? Assuming a refresh is every 3 years the S could be introduced as a 2015 model in late 2014.

What changes?
Standard - 15hp gain, better fuel consumption, Apple iCar thing, bumpers/lights/mirror redesign, pdk enhanced, new colors and wheel designs.
Options - 918 style steering, rear wheel steering, rear camera, lane change and other related stuff.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Don't government regulations mean the death of the NA engine? I wonder if a 4 cylinder turbo is in this car's future.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Mr. Fusion

Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rnl
Mr. Fusion
I bet it would only take exotic fruits, and expensive imported beer.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flyanddive
I bet it would only take exotic fruits, and expensive imported beer.
Only for the turbo s model

Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Redesigned cupholders, please...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what are we going to see in 991.2?