Ready to OBDII Flash Your Porsche 991 Carrera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:26 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
I think if you are going"porscherize" the cost to 3-4x what a typical ECU flash costs .....at least come to the table with all the facts and documents. IMO it is somewhat of an insult to Porsche owners to just come to the table with a "trust me " and invoice for 2k. I guess we (owners) are just considered rich dumbbells.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Nobody is trying to throw a vendor under the bus. If there is a good tune that can be uploaded through the OBDII, that's very good news. The more products and the more competition, the better for the consumers. A previous comment was: if you do not believe it, do not buy it. The point is that there are customers legitimately interested and not getting more assurance that the product works is frustrating them. That's at least my case. I am considering the GIAC tune and if there is an alternative, I want to have a look at it too.

I know that the impact of the tune is going to be limited on the power and torque curves for our NA car, but seeing one -that actually shows reasonable (=limited) gains- would get me a lot more confident. Knowing that at least another 991S has been tuned and driven for hours without issue would help convincing me too. I will be totally transparent and say that I want to be absolutely sure that the tune has actually been tested on a 991S and not developed on a computer and that testing, on the street or on a rolling road has been used to fine tune the software etc. The fact that mention is made of reprogramming the PDK makes me even more fearful as a lot of time should have been necessary to improve on what full crews of engineers have developed in Weissach.

I am an engineer by trade and data and facts are required to sell me something. I am not calling anyone a liar or questioning vendor capabilities but explaining what it takes to get people like me confident enough to take the step and tune their engines. Since this is an open forum, I'd rather have facts and data shared in full transparency rather than through PM's.

So here was my post, not emotional, not judgmental, just explaining what could sell me on the product. As simple as that.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I respect that. Will have data tmrw. Look further into other tuning outlets, most don't own the cars and a lot of it is computer calibration. Nothing wrong with it but your test philosophy makes very good common sense. It's just not plausible for every car. What people say and do are very different. Seen it first hand as a reseller and consumer. Do you know how many shops say they already have M4 tuning and the car is not here... The map creation for stock cars is easy, it's the read and write tools that are the challenge. Ironically I gave the 991TT guys everything you 991cs guys asked for but not a peep from them!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:34 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
No gun jumped. Proven product from the manf we work with. I proved it on the 991TT. Just hard to get across things in a forum. For those that would like to discuss and understand more what the product does, how it works, and get elaboration on this thread, call me.
It may not come across in the forum, but your website is no more forthcoming than your cryptic post and unsupported claims..

"Proven product from manf we work with".. And that means exactly what to me ... as your obviously ignorant customer who hasn't a clue as to what you are talking about?? The one you hoped to sell to by being condescending and dismissive ?

I actually believe that you probably have a pretty good product, as you definitely aren't a fly by night operation. But you are jumping the gun by marketing before you have anything really to talk about.

And you know what, we may be harsh and I know you just want to drum up interest for a potentially great product.. But you don't seem to have a clue you are seriously pissing people off with your smug *** attitude...

You've probably taken 20 seriously potential customers and cemented in their minds that you and your company are jerks.. We may be completely off base but perception is reality regardless. And if you do have any real marketing experience you would know that someone who is pissed off will tell 10 people.. So you've created at least 200 people with a bad attitude toward you and your company..

Or you could just keep running your mouth and make it worse..

Last edited by scatkins; 03-27-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
"Ironically I gave the 991TT guys everything you 991cs guys asked for but not a peep from them!"

Or they just dismissed you and didn't waste their time..

Nice job insulting your previously potential customers.. But go ahead.. keep talking..

Last edited by scatkins; 03-27-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
"Ironically I gave the 991TT guys everything you 991cs guys asked for but not a peep from them!"

Or they just dismissed you and didn't waste their time..

Nice job insulting your previously potential customers.. But go ahead.. keep talking..

Like I said, he's digging deeper....

Old 03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Old 03-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hot Honda, his tests and results were impressive. Unfortunately things get thrown around in forums by others who have not worked with us or have heard rumors that they feel like sharing. The same people going back and forth there have never worked with us and its unfortunate people listen to others without actual experiences. It is what it is, and as many negative comments people like to post, there are more positive. If any of that was true, then since 2001 starting with nothing, I am surprised to be here with 30 employees.

This thread has gone to waste. Going to start a new one discussing TCU Tuning.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:53 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trysixty
I guess we (owners) are just considered rich dumbbells.
Yup, that's pretty much it. I can't really argue with that, either.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:49 AM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Hot Honda, his tests and results were impressive. Unfortunately things get thrown around in forums by others who have not worked with us or have heard rumors that they feel like sharing. The same people going back and forth there have never worked with us and its unfortunate people listen to others without actual experiences. It is what it is, and as many negative comments people like to post, there are more positive. If any of that was true, then since 2001 starting with nothing, I am surprised to be here with 30 employees.

This thread has gone to waste. Going to start a new one discussing TCU Tuning.
I wish you well with your business but it won't be with me as a client. My recommendation to you is to listen and learn. Taking a business class may also help.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ma991
I wish you well with your business but it won't be with me as a client. My recommendation to you is to listen and learn. Taking a business class may also help.
Perhaps some Dale Carnegie training. http://www.dalecarnegie.com Strangely enough they are still there. Vivid appears in need of some help in making friends and influencing people. "Communicate with diplomacy and tact
Become a more persuasive communicator
Be an effective leader
Reduce stress". Yup. That is the ticket

Old 04-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
One of our customers in Puerto Rico just finished equipping his Porsche 991 Carrera with a VR Tuned Auto Flash and Agency Power exhaust system. The VR Tuned Auto Flash uploads bits of code via the central convenience system to give the car faster shifts and stronger pull through the RPMs. In addition to the performance change, the overall driveability is improved smoothing out the low end RPM dip that is common on the stock 991 Carrera. Testing both the performance parts and the Auto Flash separately, our customer raced a stock 991 Carrera from 0 mph pulling him by 4 car lengths to 100 mph. Our customer told us, "Car now shift aggresive, I test the car with another Carrera S with just X-Pipe and I pull the car with at least 4 car of advantage(street race " Check out the video and pictures below. If you are in Puerto Rico, check out the guys at Prestige Tire!

Shop all VR Tuned Auto Flash TCU Tuning Kits here and Read More of WHY a TCU Flash gets it done here!

WATCH HERE - VR Tuned Porsche 991 Carrera Prestige Tire

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	prestige_pr_991_carrera-1.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	364174  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Tomorrow we will have some information from engineering to share.
Been the better part of a month, we never did see that engineering information you promised..

I think everyone was hoping to at least see some dyno data...

Old 04-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor
I did post that info earlier but must have got lost in the other posts unrelated - http://www.vrtuned.com/tuning/why-tc...is-beneficial/

As far as the dyno plot, went to do the after dynos once the car was done doing miles, dyno computer fried, have sent out back to Mustang Dyno for repair. Will resume once we get it back and post those.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:56 PM
I did post that info earlier but must have got lost in the other posts unrelated - http://www.vrtuned.com/tuning/why-tc...is-beneficial/

As far as the dyno plot, went to do the after dynos once the car was done doing miles, dyno computer fried, have sent out back to Mustang Dyno for repair. Will resume once we get it back and post those.
Oh, yes, the generic marketing info

But of course all we are really interested in is seeing a dyno, so if you ever manage to get that I'm sure folks will be interested at that point..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready to OBDII Flash Your Porsche 991 Carrera?