Sport working, but no Sport Plus.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Sport working, but no Sport Plus.

Was having a spirited drive to work today, went to push the Sport Plus button and nothing. Sport works though strangely. Any thoughts??? Car drives fine.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
It should be noticeable. I would have the dealer look at it. Could be a switch problem.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
The car drives fine in normal and in Sport mode, but Sport plus nothing. Button does not light up and the car's parameters do not change at all.

Hopefully just the switch.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STALKER
The car drives fine in normal and in Sport mode, but Sport plus nothing. Button does not light up and the car's parameters do not change at all.

Hopefully just the switch.
M7 or PDK?

But if the light doesn't come on, obviously you aren't in really sport+..

I'm not aware of anything that would block you from going into sport+ (other than the obvious bad button).. but all of that stuff runs over a can bus to a controller and if any of your buttons work that stuff is working..

Sounds like a software gremlin or something got uncoded. Trip to the dealer I'm guessing.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by scatkins
M7 or PDK?

But if the light doesn't come on, obviously you aren't in really sport+..

I'm not aware of anything that would block you from going into sport+ (other than the obvious bad button).. but all of that stuff runs over a can bus to a controller and if any of your buttons work that stuff is working..

Sounds like a software gremlin or something got uncoded. Trip to the dealer I'm guessing.
PDK.
Hopefully its just the button.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
PDK.
Hopefully its just the button.
When I picked up my new car the sport plus button wasn't working either. They had to order a new center console. It has worked perfect since it was replaced. It really sucked because I just got the car and had to make a special trip to Toronto from Windsor.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
When I picked up my new car the sport plus button wasn't working either. They had to order a new center console. It has worked perfect since it was replaced. It really sucked because I just got the car and had to make a special trip to Toronto from Windsor.
Entire console? Was hoping just the button.

I think we got the same sales rep at DFC.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
Entire console? Was hoping just the button.

I think we got the same sales rep at DFC.
Ya I'm pretty sure they had to replace the entire console. Ya lee is my sales rep too.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
Ya I'm pretty sure they had to replace the entire console. Ya lee is my sales rep too.
I think the "entire console" is referring to the grouping of buttons in the center console. It is a "closed" unit (all buttons/switches hard-wired into a single chassis) that communicates to the rest of the car through CAN bus. I believe replacing a single switch that isn't working will require the entire unit to be replaced. i took some pictures of the unit when i pulled it out of the center tunnel recently -- check in the DIY section. Center Console Switch Removal So it is not as bad an operation as it sounds....

Matter of fact, I ordered the unit from local dealer, he had it within 4 days. Swapping it out should take minutes, considering there is only a single thin wire connecting to the bus. I don't recall if this will require software resetting, etc. tho.

Last edited by plenum; 04-09-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by jawells1
I think the "entire console" is referring to the grouping of buttons in the center console. It is a "closed" unit (all buttons/switches hard-wired into a single chassis) that communicates to the rest of the car through CAN bus. I believe replacing a single switch that isn't working will require the entire unit to be replaced. i took some pictures of the unit when i pulled it out of the center tunnel recently -- check in the DIY section. Center Console Switch Removal So it is not as bad an operation as it sounds....

Matter of fact, I ordered the unit from local dealer, he had it within 4 days. Swapping it out should take minutes, considering there is only a single thin wire connecting to the bus. I don't recall if this will require software resetting, etc. tho.
Good info. Thanks.