opinions on this build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
lol no problem. As if I'd lose sleep over my graces on an internet forum. Seriously? I'll just tell the sales guy "hey yea wait a minute let me take a pic of my build to prove to the strangers on the internet i leased the car"

I thank the people who provided good input on these threads and I'm sorry that it is cluttered by unproductive people.

But I got the info I needed.
It's obvious that you don't care, but those of us that really like this forum do. It would be great if you would stop from making a dozen more hypothetical threads on a hypothetical car. Why not just make one thread and update it with your thoughts on different configurations as you work through the process?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Money2536
It's obvious that you don't care, but those of us that really like this forum do. It would be great if you would stop from making a dozen more hypothetical threads on a hypothetical car. Why not just make one thread and update it with your thoughts on different configurations as you work through the process?
^^^ This is good advice.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Nash Agree....It continues

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tion-pasm.html

Good luck with the car.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 04-15-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Money2536
It's not that I don't care I just don't have tolerance for trouble makers to be honest. Maybe on a camaro,mustang, or even a corvette forum. But on the level of a porsche forum? Give me a break.

But that is fine I will keep it to one thread no problem. In my defense I moved the cayman GTS 911 thread to this part because it got more comments than in the cayman thread. Also I appreciate and respect your civilized and non combative tone in your request and I will oblige.

EDIT:BTW I noticed you have the power kit on your car. How do you like it compared to a non power kit car? Do you think after the fact it was worth the major cost for that extra power? I'm always curious on the people who get the power kit especially when they are close to GT3 pricing on their car at that point.

Last edited by speedsterr; 04-15-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:48 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Nash Agree....It continues

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tion-pasm.html

Good luck with the car.
Not really. I had a question completely unrelated to anything about which car to choose. I wanted some facts about PASM that my dealer was unsure of and I am sure many other members have the same questions. There is no reason to include good information like that in this cluttered thread.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up speedsterr just needs to slow down a bit...

I think that although Speedsterr may have slightly overstepped the bounds of forum etiquette, and regardless if he posts in different threads and other forums, the important fact is that his passion is Cars!

It's not about deep pockets or the ability to purchase a 911 cash, but that even those of us who dream of owing a porsche and have saved our hard earned money, not from investing or selling a strip mall, but from hourly wages may be able to acquire a dream 911.

I think we may have judged Speedsterr a bit to harshly, and even if he does not buy a Porsche product, he is here learning about a vehicle from members who have enough time and compassion to share with those of us who come from either blue collar families or may not have access to vehicles of this caliber, such as another family member owing a 911.

Speedsterr, I do enjoy your passion surrounding your threads, even though they may be a bit tediously worded..lol, but I'm a ramble pants as well and look forward to hearing about your learning process and what vehicle(S) you get either way.

"Power to the little man!"

Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
EDIT:BTW I noticed you have the power kit on your car. How do you like it compared to a non power kit car? Do you think after the fact it was worth the major cost for that extra power? I'm always curious on the people who get the power kit especially when they are close to GT3 pricing on their car at that point.
The power kit is only a 10% upgrade in HP, 400 to 430. For the most part you won't notice on the street. On the track you can see the change. In the higher RPMs it will pull away from a standard 'S'.

But first you have to go with an 991S to get it. In many aspects the S is cheaper as it comes with many options the base must pay for and ends up being just a tad more in price with greater HP.

When I got my car the 991 GT3 wasn't out yet either was the x51. So mine was added afterward. It ended up being cheaper that way, $11k vs $17k not counting install. In addition, the GT3 is too much for a daily driver.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I think that although Speedsterr may have slightly overstepped the bounds of forum etiquette, and regardless if he posts in different threads and other forums, the important fact is that his passion is Cars!

It's not about deep pockets or the ability to purchase a 911 cash, but that even those of us who dream of owing a porsche and have saved our hard earned money, not from investing or selling a strip mall, but from hourly wages may be able to acquire a dream 911.

I think we may have judged Speedsterr a bit to harshly, and even if he does not buy a Porsche product, he is here learning about a vehicle from members who have enough time and compassion to share with those of us who come from either blue collar families or may not have access to vehicles of this caliber, such as another family member owing a 911.

Speedsterr, I do enjoy your passion surrounding your threads, even though they may be a bit tediously worded..lol, but I'm a ramble pants as well and look forward to hearing about your learning process and what vehicle(S) you get either way.

Yeah, he has a right to frequent whatever forums he wants and ask whatever question he wants. As people notice and start to recognize it, their questions start getting ignored..

Is it annoying? Yeah at times especially because the questions often solicit a lot of thought and non-trivial responses.. And nothing like spending time trying to share information or knowledge with someone who is just trolling around without a lot of actual intent. Or spend 20 minutes seriously giving input and then you realized you answered the same guys in 3 other threads asking a similar thing.

There are other people that show up from time to time that I'm pretty sure in real life are just 15 year olds or live in a fantasy world of some sort. It is always going to be a mixed bag..

That said, it is often not the OP of these threads that matter anyway, it's what comes out of the discussion. So from that perspective it isn't a complete waste..

Last edited by scatkins; 04-15-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by scatkins
Yeah, he has a right to frequent whatever forums he wants and ask whatever question he wants. As people notice and start to recognize it, their questions start getting ignored..

Is it annoying? Yeah at times especially because the questions often solicit a lot of thought and non-trivial responses.. And nothing like spending time trying to share information or knowledge with someone who is just trolling around without a lot of actual intent. Or spend 20 minutes seriously giving input and then you realized you answered the same guys in 3 other threads asking a similar thing.

There are other people that show up from time to time that I'm pretty sure in real life are just 15 year olds or live in a fantasy world of some sort. It is always going to be a mixed bag..

That said, it is often not the OP of these threads that matter anyway, it's what comes out of the discussion. So from that perspective it isn't a complete waste..
Agreed. From the posers earlier postings his father has a 2013 Boxter S, and his posts made it sound like he was the main knowledge behind the purchase. So if he has a P-car owner with a model so close to the 911 already, and he already knows so much to start with, why all the inane questions about 911 options and builds droning on and on repeated ad nauseum in other threads as well?

Hell, OP gave me advice on my 911 Turbo S purchase.

What a waste of time.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 991TurboS

What a waste of time.
Lol, is that like finding out the MD that did your vasectomy a while back didn't actually go to med school?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View

I appreciate this very much as I am very passionate about cars and its funny up until a few months ago I never even liked porsche. Then after driving one for the first time I got addicted. And porsche doesn't make it easy to choose. With so many options and models it is a bit overwhelming especially since today there is so much competition. This is where my crazy all over the place focus comes from. I want to really get the best car for the money for me. And that seems to be a simple 911 for now.

Yes I most of the time just type the thoughts that are going through my head so probably I should go back and polish up my thinking a bit before doing a final post.

Originally Posted by scatkins

I think some useful info came from these threads. And as said before I apologize for having some people answer the same question more than once. I already said I'd keep it to single threads. And don't worry I am not a 15 year old living in fantasy land. If I really wanted to stretch I probably could get a low option turbo or a moderately optioned GT3 (not to brag just trying to show where I am coming from). But at the moment I have a higher housing priority so under 100k is where I am comfortable. So the question was what is the best porsche to buy for around 100k. Macan turbo? GTS boxter/cayman? Or a 911? I decided on the 911.

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Agreed. From the posers earlier postings his father has a 2013 Boxter S, and his posts made it sound like he was the main knowledge behind the purchase. So if he has a P-car owner with a model so close to the 911 already, and he already knows so much to start with, why all the inane questions about 911 options and builds droning on and on repeated ad nauseum in other threads as well?

What a waste of time.
Well my father just recently got into cars. So anyone has more knowledge than him. As far as your turbo purchase I don't remember what I said but giving people advice on how to spend their money is always easier than me trying to decide how to spend my own.

Everyone is like that.

As I said earlier just got into 911 and there are a lot of options to choose from. So for my first venture into the porsche realm I don't want to say buy a car then it depreciate 50k off the lot. So the people on this forum have helped me in deciding that simpler in this particular case is better and leasing isn't a bad idea for me. Given how I get bored easy.

Last edited by speedsterr; 04-15-2014 at 06:06 PM.