opinions on this build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:38 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
opinions on this build

So I'm told the 2 year lease seems to be the way to go for a new porsche that realistically I will be bored with after a few years. The dealer says 3 year residuals are horrible but 2 year are good at 74%.

So how does this build sound?

911 C2
guards red
black interior
PDK
20 inch carerra S wheels in platinum
sport chrono
power steering plus
sport exhaust
standard leather interior
electric roof in glass
14 way adjustable seats
bose package
premium package
sport steering wheel in leather

Sticker price is 107k.

Last edited by speedsterr; 04-14-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like a good build.

I'd personally get rid of the Sport Chrono if it's a 7MT, along with the Power Steering Plus. Instead I'd add the PTV and the PASM/SPASM.

For what it's worth, my 991 S was slightly more expensive ($110k) with very similar options - no PDK/Chrono/Sport exhaust/Power steering, regular sunroof, Bose, Premium Plus, Standard interior, 14-ways, Sport steering wheel, Classic 20's with colored caps, 7MT. So for a little bit more you can have an extra 50 hp.

Last edited by empunker; 04-14-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to echo a little bit of what empunker wrote. I'd lose the SC and PSP, a waste of money IMHO. If you get the base car, get PASM to calm down the ride quality. Better yet, as suggested, spend a few extra dollars and get the S (PASM comes standard with that as well as the S wheels). My C2S with full leather, premium 2, some other bits but no sunroof or BOSE came in at around 110.

For me, the lease rates didn't make it work, but for sure if you're going to sell it in a few years, that's a safe way to go.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 AM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
I'm with Empunker. See if you can creep up to a not loaded C2S. I do think the base C2 has better residuals however. Power steering plus is probably unnecessary. The steering on these cars isn't that heavy.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:32 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Old 04-14-2014, 02:14 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
STFU and stay out of my threads

Originally Posted by beemer guy
I'm going to echo a little bit of what empunker wrote. I'd lose the SC and PSP, a waste of money IMHO. If you get the base car, get PASM to calm down the ride quality. Better yet, as suggested, spend a few extra dollars and get the S (PASM comes standard with that as well as the S wheels). My C2S with full leather, premium 2, some other bits but no sunroof or BOSE came in at around 110.

For me, the lease rates didn't make it work, but for sure if you're going to sell it in a few years, that's a safe way to go.
I want to lease now because I'm going to be bored within 2-3 years and sell it so no point in financing it. Sport chrono and the spot exhaust a must haves. The regular exhaust sounds terrible and I like the adaptive engine mounts to quiet the noise. But I forgot to mention in my OP that I am getting PDK not a manual so the S would be 114k if I do your build.

Originally Posted by shaytun
I'm with Empunker. See if you can creep up to a not loaded C2S. I do think the base C2 has better residuals however. Power steering plus is probably unnecessary. The steering on these cars isn't that heavy.
Power steering plus is 250 it's hardly a factor. I forgot to mention PDK in my OP so the c2s price would be at least 10k more.

I was thinking of doing as barebones as I could since this will be my first porsche lease. Honestly the closer to 100k the more comfortable I am. That's why the sales guys and managers told me since I am going to get another one anyways, do a smart build one now and when the income rises then get more options on the next one.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Yea same exact options on the C2s with sunroof is 121k with no sunroof it is 119k. So there is a 12-14k difference in price which is too much. For the next one no problem but at the present time don't want to swing that. I was curious since my last build everyone said was stupid to pay 122k for a c2 or 140k for a C2s so I wanted to see what people would think of this more bare bones build.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
You are an absolute clown with big dreams and small pockets.Looks like you have run the same BS over in several other forums. Same name same IP address. In 6 months you'll still be playing with your dick and have no car.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/fer...rari-rkoi.html

Last edited by tommyboy214; 04-14-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
You are an absolute clown with big dreams and small pockets.Looks like you have run the same BS over in several other forums. Same name same IP address. In 6 months you'll still be playing with your dick and have no car.

+1.......What a joke.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Here is the thing I am not into the game of I have more money than you or vice versa. It is a car forum for enthusiasts who enjoy the cars. Constantly wasting peoples time and building imaginary cars is just bad form. People here are more than happy to help but this is just nonsense at this point.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:29 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough

Wow, I have to admit, that's pretty nuts.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Here is the thing I am not into the game of I have more money than you or vice versa. It is a car forum for enthusiasts who enjoy the cars. Constantly wasting peoples time and building imaginary cars is just bad form. People here are more than happy to help but this is just nonsense at this point.
So why don't you stop wasting your time? Yes I considered a 360 and 430 too beforehand till I learned more of the realities of owning a 8 year old ferrari. Pockets aren't small just not keen on being stupid with the money.

Again already decided on the lease was just curious if this was a smarter build. Meeting with the dealer tomorrow to place my order Dad. Anything else you care to check in on me for?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
All you have to do is post your accepted order to get back in the good graces of this forum. I'll patiently await giving you congratulations when that happens.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Money2536
All you have to do is post your accepted order to get back in the good graces of this forum. I'll patiently await giving you congratulations when that happens.
lol no problem. As if I'd lose sleep over my graces on an internet forum. Seriously? I'll just tell the sales guy "hey yea wait a minute let me take a pic of my build to prove to the strangers on the internet i leased the car"

I thank the people who provided good input on these threads and I'm sorry that it is cluttered by unproductive people.

But I got the info I needed.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
@OP: My car is not too dissimilar from yours. Don't make my mistake, forget about the SportChrono, useless, doesn't do anything for you in real life (unless you track regularly, and are a skilled and aggressive driver)

But DO get the PASM and PTV !

Last edited by bccars; 04-15-2014 at 05:37 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: opinions on this build