2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:34 AM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
I'd be interested in the view the Stingray design team held, directed by the team lead, affected by the managers and squawk leaders. Design by a committee is a necessity (watch the Cayman vid) but Chevy needs to sell three times the number of Stingrays. Figure Porsche happy w/ selling 10k 911's; Chevy's target is 30k. Chevy is simply making a sports car for a different group of buyers.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:28 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
The C7 stingray is still not a car from the same era quality wise as a 991, but you CAN NOT disregard the massive performance difference the C7 Z06 will probably bring to the party/track !
I'm not saying I am going to swap my 991 for a C7 Z06, because ultimately, in the real world where I drive, I do not care about 350bhp or 600bhp, both are too much in daily driving circumstances. But I'm sure very much interested in learning about what the C7 Z06 brings to the table and we'll see from there !

Old 05-15-2014, 12:23 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Which would you choose?

Kinda hard to say no to the c7 z06 with all that it comes with for under 100k.
Went to Chevy dealer they would not let me drive the car unless I bought it. WTF
I would not buy anything without driving it. Try them both if you can.
My bet is you'll choose the Porsche.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:16 PM
naples991 is infamous around these parts
I tried to drive one before I went ahead with my 911 but all I heard was - order first then try it when it comes in. I would never proceed on those terms. Guess at that point I knew I wasn't dealing with a German car dealership. I took my money elsewhere

Old 05-15-2014, 01:33 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by naples991
I tried to drive one before I went ahead with my 911 but all I heard was - order first then try it when it comes in. I would never proceed on those terms. Guess at that point I knew I wasn't dealing with a German car dealership. I took my money elsewhere
They aren't out yet, I'm not sure how you are disappointed in driving a car that doesn't exist in the consumer market yet. I guarantee if you would of tried to go in and ask to drive a Turbo or GT3 before they came out you would get the same response.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by revracer
They aren't out yet, I'm not sure how you are disappointed in driving a car that doesn't exist in the consumer market yet. I guarantee if you would of tried to go in and ask to drive a Turbo or GT3 before they came out you would get the same response.

Clarification- I was talking about any Stingray.

How does that make you feel now with your incredibly astute analysis

Old 05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
BlackSpeed is infamous around these partsBlackSpeed is infamous around these parts
The new ZO6 looks the part and the power is insane, especially at that price point.
That said, I just couldn't feel normal driving a car like that around town.
Although I must say the 911S does lack power IMO and it is the biggest gripe I have with the car, there I said it I'm hoping a GTS will come out next year (when my lease is up) because I may have to shop elsewhere, but it won't be GM!

Last edited by BlackSpeed; 05-15-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John's 991
...And if you want bang for the buck the Nissan GTR has to be considered. All of them are faster and cheaper than a 991S, but in my opinion less refined.
I'd disagree with this (as GT-R and Z06 are compared). Sure, both are faster than 991S, but the C7Z06 will obliterate the GT-R in just about every category measurable (except for 0-60). The new C7 is an absolute blast to drive, and finally IS drivable (to exclude an earlier comment about rear wheel spin being prevalent). Although I have not driven the C7Z, so these comments may be out of place.

And to add that it is about $25-30k less (depending on options on the Z) is just a bonus. Even if they were priced the same, I'd say the C7Z takes the cake, where preference would have to be a MAJOR deciding factor to choose another car for performance reasons (whether it be heated seats, AWD, rear-engined, mid-engined, dual clutch, etc...).

Old 05-15-2014, 06:26 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
How about the jaguar F type R coupe? Now that one I think is going to pull away some 911 owners and prospective owners.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
^^^It may. I really like those cars...both the coupe and roadsters. Very nice!

Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Test drove an F Type with a V8. Windshield wipers didn't work and drive like a 370Z

Old 05-15-2014, 08:07 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
How about the jaguar F type R coupe? Now that one I think is going to pull away some 911 owners and prospective owners.
Had a 2014 F-Type V8S after my Aston Martin. Quick car and lovely to look at but I had some build quality niggles and was extremely disappointed at how Jaguar made no attempt to solidify the residuals on their halo car. I lost more on my F-Type than I did on my Aston Martin and that's saying something!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:44 PM
AlecS has a spectacular aura aboutAlecS has a spectacular aura about
Agree. That is some serious competition. Sort of about time. Great looking cars. Particularly the coupe. Gorgeous design there. I'm sure it's a riot to drive.

Alec

Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AlecS
Agree. That is some serious competition. Sort of about time. Great looking cars. Particularly the coupe. Gorgeous design there. I'm sure it's a riot to drive.

Alec
I wonder if that will cause porsche to up the HP on their cars and maybe add some carbon fiber to their builds. The 911 really should be at the high 400s and and the turbos maybe at high end 500s or 600.

Even aston martin is changing up their game with AMG now helping them. I kinda am wondering what those will be like. Probably complete animals for cars.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:42 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Between Z06 vs 991 C2? I'd take Z06.

If its Z06 vs 991 C4S or GT3. I'd take C4S or GT3 all the way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?