Annoying AC noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 02:03 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
Annoying AC noise

Hello everyone. Whenever my AC is on, I hear an annoying high pitch, oscillating noise (at a rate of about 1-2 intervals per second). Sound is emitting from the rear, but I have not been able to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. This also applies to when I turn on my seat coolers. It is only noticeable at idle. Anybody else getting this noise? It's been happening since I got the car.

Thanks in advance,
Arash

PS, what level of vibration / shaking of the car at idle is acceptable? I don't mind it, just want to make sure it's normal.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Cheekymonkeyman is infamous around these parts
Hi arash... At idle my car hunts between 700 and 800 rpm but it is still within break in mileage (600miles) and doesn't vibrate.. There is some hesitation through 2000-3000 when i drive it gently but from what i read on the forums this might clear as the engine breaks in... It is nothing of concern to me right now as it is smooth when i open it up... What kind of vibration are you experiencing and is it low mileage?

Old 05-17-2014, 04:54 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Hi arash... At idle my car hunts between 700 and 800 rpm but it is still within break in mileage (600miles) and doesn't vibrate.. There is some hesitation through 2000-3000 when i drive it gently but from what i read on the forums this might clear as the engine breaks in... It is nothing of concern to me right now as it is smooth when i open it up... What kind of vibration are you experiencing and is it low mileage?
Hey MonkeyMan,
It's low mileage (3k), and the vibration / shaking is similar to a old mustang. Of course it's not NEARLY that bad, but it's of the same category for what kind of shaking sensation I feel in the car. Perhaps I'll have the dealer sit in the car with me one time, only problem is that it goes away after driving around 20 miles...

Any experience with the AC noise?

Old 05-18-2014, 06:55 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I have the EXACT same high pitched noise.
I also have the EXACT same hesitation.

Took it in for both issues and to no great surprise they claim that they can't hear the noise or "really" feel the hesitation.

The constant dodging of issues by this company and their dealer network is becoming tiresome..

Old 05-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by dux
I have the EXACT same high pitched noise.
I also have the EXACT same hesitation.

Took it in for both issues and to no great surprise they claim that they can't hear the noise or "really" feel the hesitation.

The constant dodging of issues by this company and their dealer network is becoming tiresome..
Damn! I need to get my hands on a quality microphone and record the sound and bring it to them.