time by boat from

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
time by boat from

halifax canada port to the davisville port in RI? does anyone know how long it takes the barge to get from there to there? thanks

Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Porschejeff is infamous around these parts
Is someone getting a little anxious for his new ride? Don't forget pics and we should try to meet in Birmingham. I want to see it when you get it.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:01 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Is someone getting a little anxious for his new ride? Don't forget pics and we should try to meet in Birmingham. I want to see it when you get it.
I would be too! Can't wait man!

Old 05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
halifax canada port to the davisville port in RI? does anyone know how long it takes the barge to get from there to there? thanks
I don't know that specific route as mine was west coast. But based on the distance and the way these things usually work.. You are probably looking at a couple of days transit time.. And then it depends on how busy the port is.. Sometimes they backup and they idle waiting for a spot.. And that can be as quick as no extra time or add a day or two...

But once it gets off of the ship then you have some additional time (again variable). They typically pull all the cars off of the boat and they go into a gigantic parking lot.. Where they wait for the car carriers or trains.. So it becomes a matter of their distribution logistics.. I would guess a couple of days for that to get it on the local transport device.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM
nj991s is infamous around these parts
Good luck, my car has been in the port of Davisville for the past 13 days!!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
My 50th Anniversay car arrived this weekend in Davisville and was and out of the PDI yesterday. Status says it is ready for transportation to the dealer - sure hope it does not sit 13 or so says waiting for a transporter!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Hope so too, for you. My car is STILL there!!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nj991s
Hope so too, for you. My car is STILL there!!
Does your car show as having been in and out of PDI with the status showing as 'released for transportation'? If so, then this is odd...the cars are typically put on transporters very quickly as time is money...no one in the Porsche food chain from here all the way back to Germany is making a dime until the car is delivered. I've taken delivery of (4) new 997s in the past and none have sat anywhere near that long. I'm going to ask my dealer his thoughts.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes, was released last week. Received a note from the dealer today stating they still don't know when this will be delivered or why it's not here now. They also said there are four other customer cars in the same position.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by nj991s
Yes, was released last week. Received a note from the dealer today stating they still don't know when this will be delivered or why it's not here now. They also said there are four other customer cars in the same position.
That is troubling news...you'd think the dealerships would have a better relationship with PCNA and could obtain a straight answer...someone clearly knows why there is a delay

Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Could it be...

I had another thought...I bet the delivery priority is for the Macan...we are right in the middle of the launch season for them and I bet there are tons of them that need to be delivered to the dealers...bet our 911s are taking a back seat to them getting delivered. Obviously not something PCNA would admit to, but it seems a reasonable explanation.