Removing the Dummy Key - The Easy Way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:03 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by robbieracer
+1, I prefer the dummy key too
Why would you want to remove it? It works EXACTLY as it should!

Old 06-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
OP: thanks for the tip! Good info!

Old 06-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Dominic in London is infamous around these parts
I've got the dummy key and think it is cheap and nasty. And unsafe because a thief might think I left the key in the ignition and break some glass to find out. A version that doesn't look like a key from the outside to the uninitiated, and which feels like it belongs in a super car, is what Porsche should do in the next iteration. Please and thank you.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:24 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by socalsteve
Why would you want to remove it? It works EXACTLY as it should!
I have seen people getting it painted to try to make it look less tacky. Not sure it does the trick though. I would love a nice dummy key made of aluminum

Old 06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
I would not mind the dummy key vs a button if it did not look and feel so cheap. As it has been considered as part of the tradition and 'tactile' experience, a better material should have been used. I would happily replace my dummy key by a nicer -better finished- aftermarket part...
. I saw a much nicer looking dummy key on a Turbo S at my dealer. Been meaning to look into replacing mine with this version. It had a 2-Tone aluminum and black look to it, as opposed to the standard black plastic.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:15 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
. I saw a much nicer looking dummy key on a Turbo S at my dealer. Been meaning to look into replacing mine with this version. It had a 2-Tone aluminum and black look to it, as opposed to the standard black plastic.
Thanks! I am on it...

Old 06-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I'd LOVE to pay for a nice high quality dummy key mod!!!

Old 06-06-2014, 05:39 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eg991
i actually rather like the dummy key, and i prefer it to a stop/ start button.
+++1

Old 06-06-2014, 06:23 AM
tmukherjee66 is infamous around these parts
Porsche really cheaped out on the dummy key. I have this beautiful 911 shaped key on my ring. then my momentary pride of ownership is instantly diminished when I turn the cheap plastic dummy key fob to bring my car to life. I probably overlooked some 500 dollar option for a metallic body colored key fob somewhere.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:46 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
As I recall the Turbo has a chrome strip on the dummy key. I'm sure they are interchangeable. The problem may be the $40000 they want for that part

Old 06-06-2014, 06:54 AM
tmukherjee66 is infamous around these parts
lol.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:53 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by rnl
In 1994 a Volvo salesman tried to convince me that the reason a 940 did not have a passenger side air bag was that it was so safe it didn't need one.
Well what the world needs is one less politician on the passenger's side, I always say...

Old 06-06-2014, 07:05 PM
NutNut is infamous around these parts
My dealer recently delivered my dummy key and I was pleased to find out I received one with the aluminum accent rather than the standard all black. 👍

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3174103893.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	383725  
Old 06-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by NutNut
My dealer recently delivered my dummy key and I was pleased to find out I received one with the aluminum accent rather than the standard all black. 👍
Thanks for the picture. I am surprised it is not available on Suncoast's website. Emailing them right away!

Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
philip_atlanta is infamous around these parts
I'd be all over a nicer key!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing the Dummy Key - The Easy Way