Installed the AWE Switchpath today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kitw
One of the problems with the non PSE Carrera S is that bizarrely, the valves are open under 5 mph. As soon as you go over that they shut, until 3300rpm or so. But, it means at idle they are full open.
Thanks for the info. So, I got PSE for free, except that it's up to the car to decide when it works, not me?

Funny because just last night I took the boss out for dinner, only the second or third time that she's ridden in the car (she won't even try to drive it) and my garage is tiny so she had to wait outside for me to back out before she could get in. She said, "it sure is loud". But as I showed her, once we started moving, it was nice and quiet. It's nice to know that there's a reason for all of that; thanks kitw.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 PM
mtuttle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kitw
Hi guys,

One of the problems with the non PSE Carrera S is that bizarrely, the valves are open under 5 mph. As soon as you go over that they shut, until 3300rpm or so. But, it means at idle they are full open.

My first C2S did this (with the Cargraphics X pipe) and was kind of annoying - you can get the PSE button and software to fix this (no additional vacuum hardware needed, just coding and the switch)

PSE remains shut at idle and only automatically opens at 3300 rpm or so, or when you hit the button.

I'll be honest - I find the AWE to be on the border of too loud as well. I can switch it off with PSE, and I love the sound but it is pretty aggressive.

Duane, my Cargraphics mufflered X pipe is in my garage - it is like PSE except about 20%-30% louder open. Completely stock like when the valves are closed. Totally wife acceptable. Let me know if you're interested - I'm probably going to sell it and keep the AWE.

I am interested in your cargraphics pipes. Please send me a message. I can't as I am a new member.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
///Malcontent is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by beemer guy
Thanks for the info. So, I got PSE for free, except that it's up to the car to decide when it works, not me?
No, the exhausts are different. One of the attached images is PSE, the other isn't.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991 C2S stock PSE exhaust.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	383152   Click image for larger version

Name:	! 991 exhaust diagram.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	383153