Is there a spirit that lives inside the 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:28 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Is there a spirit that lives inside the 991?

I know this has been mentioned in other posts but my car seems to have a "soul". At any given time, especially when the car is stopped, the wipers and the passenger side window move. When the wipers move (slight up and down) it's like the car is sighing. When the window moves it's almost like a sign of impatience. I think I better not miss my next shrink appointment.

Last edited by lrattner; 06-03-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:47 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lrattner
but my car seems to have a "sole".
Your car is a shoe? Or a fish?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:58 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Those things happening while the car is in motion is perhaps an issue (some other 991 members including myself had an annoying passenger side window dropping issue while driving), but I believe that both the wipers and window movements are part of the engineering that went into the 991 (and I've witnessed this behavior on some other cars, like my MB).

The windows will move up and down slightly when opening or closing the door -- something that I guess has to do with sealing considering we don't have framed windows and the vacuum that is created. Pulling on the interior or exterior door handle should lower the window a tiny bit, while shutting the door will cause the window to rise back to full-up position.

The wipers move up and down to prevent sticking to the windshield. Happens every time you shut the car off (can't remember if they move when turning the ignition....).

The disclaimer: I am basing my comments above on nothing more than educated guess -- I do not have any documentation or other proof that these are in fact why your windows and wipers are moving.

Anyone else have more of an expert view on this?

Hope this helps!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:05 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by beemer guy
Your car is a shoe? Or a fish?
Thanks, I always get those two confused.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Samp is infamous around these parts
A shoe is what you wear on your foot and a fish lives in the water. Always glad to contribute.