Installed a TUBI exhaust on my 991S today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:36 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by beemer guy
Very nice Duane, I hope you're happy with it for the remaining 3 months that you'll be owning that car...
Nice write-up too.
Hey mjb, you would LOVE this pipe, because its quiet until 3,500 rpm and then makes a great, classic Porsche sound without screaming "Look at me".....its the perfect exhaust for your car.

I know, you're getting a headache over the price....

I can't find any other cars I like better, so I might have to keep this one for some time. I'd do a Ferrari California maybe, but they are double the price and not sure I would get double the fun out of one.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drcollie
$ 6K is too much for a PSE retrofit. Suncoast isn't even the cheapest - you buy a full PSE center section with the switch, etc. for around $ 2,400.
Bizarrely, the side mufflers are different part numbers. I really don't think it matters, though.

The actual center muffler is fairly cheap, I think it's under $1000 last time I checked and the switches are cheap too. Then, it's just activation.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:26 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Hey mjb, you would LOVE this pipe, because its quiet until 3,500 rpm and then makes a great, classic Porsche sound without screaming "Look at me".....its the perfect exhaust for your car.

I know, you're getting a headache over the price....
Ah... you know me well. Just yesterday driving home, I was thinking "man oh man, I do like how quiet it is cruising down the highway, but it would be nice if it had a smidgen more sound when I put my foot in it". This does sound perfect. No pun intended.

I can't find any other cars I like better, so I might have to keep this one for some time. I'd do a Ferrari California maybe, but they are double the price and not sure I would get double the fun out of one.
I'm really enjoying mine, despite the outrageous price, I don't regret it for a minute. I do hope that you keep yours for a little while.

FYI for those following along at home, I ordered my car in late January. Duane here bought his car off the lot about two weeks before my car came in, which drove me a little batty for ... about two weeks.

1556 miles on it as of this morning.

And yes, I've used the rear wiper.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:13 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
No regrets on my buy, either. Coming out of the Aston Martin to the 991S, I do miss the hand-made crafted parts on the Aston - it truly handmade and the Porsche is a production car, with cheap bits all over it when you take it apart. However the 991 is a much better daily driver - for one thing you can actually see out of the car and have a reasonable chance of backing it up whereas the Aston requires someone standing out of the car to guide you in reverse, and one is forever dinging the front spoiler on curbs. The Porsche attracts a lot less attention on the road and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The ingress and egress in and out of the car is better and parts / maintenance are far more reasonable in cost as well as the P-car being more robust.

No plans to sell it, that's why I'm farkling it up. And I've got about 400 more miles on mine, mjb...lol. Oh yeah, you need to get rid of those amber front markers on yours and pop in some clear LED's. That will look so much better on the red car. And if you drove my car with the Tubi, you'd buy one - so best not come to Wash DC anytime soon.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:15 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Oh yeah, you need to get rid of those amber front markers on yours and pop in some clear LED's.
You and all of the other cool-aid drinkers can put on the clear LEDs. I'll be unique and different with my ambers.

And if you drove my car with the Tubi, you'd buy one - so best not come to Wash DC anytime soon.
I was scheduled to be there next week to advise the prez on the Iraq situation, but I just now got a text from him telling me not to bother. I don't know how he got my cell phone number...

You're probably right, although I drive like an old man and just putt-putt around town, so I don't know how often I'd get to enjoy the exhaust sounds.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:53 AM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Wow that exhaust sounded good.
Good video. Thank you. Very well done.