Blind spot mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:40 PM
7and911 is infamous around these parts
Blind spot mirrors

C4S Cabrio with limited visibility especially at the passenger side...

Anyone has tried blind spot mirrors please? Are they any good?
something like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Blind-Mirrors-Vehicle-Rearview/dp/B00JE7U244/ref=zg_bs_15736561_58 http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Blind-Mirrors-Vehicle-Rearview/dp/B00JE7U244/ref=zg_bs_15736561_58

Thank you

Old 06-22-2014, 04:54 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 7and911
C4S Cabrio with limited visibility especially at the passenger side...

Anyone has tried blind spot mirrors please? Are they any good?
something like this one http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Blind-Mi...bs_15736561_58

Thank you
Those look good...on a pick up truck. I thought that Euro mirrors were aspheric like the ones offered by Suncoast. These should help your blind spot and certainly look better.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...or_Accessories

Old 06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
^^ I dont have any blind spot issues with my Euro spec mirrors, said that American spec convex mirrors should do better on blind spots (?)
I would not instal those little blind spots mirrors over mine unless I was driving a big SUV pulling a trailer.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Porschejeff is infamous around these parts
Pretty fugly, not on my 991 cab.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:57 PM
ADZ
ADZ is infamous around these parts
I got a rectangular one. Better safe than sorry.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:59 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Those look good...on a pick up truck. I thought that Euro mirrors were aspheric like the ones offered by Suncoast. These should help your blind spot and certainly look better.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...or_Accessories
Has anyone put those aspheric mirrors on a car with auto-dimming mirrors? With my tint I prefer to turn off the auto-dimming feature. Therefore if I can get by with buying the non auto-dimming mirrors which are cheaper, I'd be all over them. I'm sure the auto-dimming version is at least twice the price.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
vangulik42 is infamous around these parts
After prolonged, extremely careful adjustment, I don't have any blind spots on a USA base 2013 991 coupe with auto-dimming mirrors. I have overlap between the side mirrors and rear-view mirror and between the side mirrors and through the side windows with a quick 90 degree sideward, not over the shoulder, glance.

When being passed on the left, for example, the front of passing car appears in the left side mirror while part of is still visible in the rear mirror. I can later see its front by glancing 90 degrees to the side, while its rear is still visible in the left side mirror. Same situation for cars being passed on the right.

Careful adjustment, with settings stored in memory, eliminates the blind spot problem, at least with a coupe. Maybe cabs are different. My last experience with a convertible was an AH3000 thirty-five years ago. A pair of front-fender-mounted aspherical Desmo Boomerang mirrors completely eliminated blind spots.

Last edited by vangulik42; 06-22-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:11 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtony
Has anyone put those aspheric mirrors on a car with auto-dimming mirrors? With my tint I prefer to turn off the auto-dimming feature. Therefore if I can get by with buying the non auto-dimming mirrors which are cheaper, I'd be all over them. I'm sure the auto-dimming version is at least twice the price.
Auto dimming and heat go together so if you can live without those features install the less expensive mirrors and just don't attach the electrical cable.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Blind spots can be eliminated if mirrors are adjusted correctly.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 PM
moje911 is infamous around these parts
I don't think you have the mirrors in the correct position if you have a "blind spot". Basically the mirrors should be pointed towards where you can't see with your head facing forward and in the direction of blind spot.
Not looking at the side of your car, but out more.
So many people position their mirrors to look at their gas tank door flaps.

Once mirrors are positioned well, technique to pass should be to glance at your rear and right side mirrors at the same time before confirming with a head turn.