Fuse for hazard blinkers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:37 PM
PQA
PQA is infamous around these parts
Fuse for hazard blinkers?

I like gripping my shifter near the base and I'm constantly turning on my hazards accidentally with the heel of my palm with shifting in Tiptronic mode. I'd like to install a switch at the fuseblock to disable it but be able to throw the switch if needed in an emergency. Anybody know if there a separate circuit for this, or will I be diabling a dozen other things on hat fuse also?

Thx

Old 06-28-2014, 06:54 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Good guess. From the manual all on the same fuse:

Start-relevant loads

Footwell lights

Electric ignition lock anti-removal lock

Turn signal light indicator, FL/FR

Emergency flasher button LED

Electric ignition lock light

Side turn signal lights, FR/FL

High beam, FR

Low beam, FR

Turn signal light indicator, RR

Side marker light, FL

Old 06-28-2014, 07:03 PM
PQA
Thanks. I'm on vacation and don't have my manuals. That's what I figured. It would be a hassle, but I suppose I can disassemble the center console and put an interrupting switch on the wire to the hazard blinker switch.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PQA
Thanks. I'm on vacation and don't have my manuals. That's what I figured. It would be a hassle, but I suppose I can disassemble the center console and put an interrupting switch on the wire to the hazard blinker switch.
Sure. Not sure you can just disconnect the button if that's what you're thinking. I remember reading a thread here that said that the buttons on our consoles are wired harnesses and are not individually wired.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:34 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PQA
It would be a hassle, but I suppose I can disassemble the center console and put an interrupting switch on the wire to the hazard blinker switch.
Or you can try moving your hand. Seems a LOT easier and you won't bugger up your car.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM
PQA
Originally Posted by ma991
Sure. Not sure you can just disconnect the button if that's what you're thinking. I remember reading a thread here that said that the buttons on our consoles are wired harnesses and are not individually wired.
#%^€$!!! Mr. Button, meet Mr. Superglue.

Originally Posted by denversteve
Or you can try moving your hand. Seems a LOT easier and you won't bugger up your car.
Don't think I haven't tried. But in spirited shifting, it just happens. Logical place for the hand, crappy place to locate a switch.