Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I had the exact opposite happen to me... last week at the fish market, a woman was in her rusty 2001 Maxima and just gushing to me how beautiful my car was. Then Saturday waiting in line at Jersey Mike's the guy next to me kept asking me all about the car, telling me how pretty it is, etc. I told him to go buy one, and he starting crying about his kids going to college and all that. I said, look, just sit the kids down and tell them that "you have a choice: you can either get an education, or daddy can get a really cool car. What's it going to be?"

I did have some dick in a loud, souped-up Mustang GT try to race me after I moved to pass him, but he wasn't hating, just being, you know, a Ford owner.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
See that all time here in the Northeast, but I also see alot of thumbs up. I think it has do with what they are driving a POS, and you have a Porsche and their GF/wife might says someting nice about your car which set them off. I just ignore that crap as I blow by them.

Last edited by porsche42; 06-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:07 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
What amazes me here in Texas is that no mater how fast I'm driving over the speed limit, I know I'm going to get passed by a pick-up truck (presumably to let me know that his truck is faster than my Porsche)
But more directly related to the original post was when a guy in a pickup truck pulled up behind me as I was getting back in my parked car and said: Nice car, why don't I just take it?" I told him that wouldn't work because he would have to leave his truck. He sped off.

ChuckJ

Old 06-30-2014, 01:49 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
What amazes me here in Texas is that no mater how fast I'm driving over the speed limit, I know I'm going to get passed by a pick-up truck (presumably to let me know that his truck is faster than my Porsche)
But more directly related to the original post was when a guy in a pickup truck pulled up behind me as I was getting back in my parked car and said: Nice car, why don't I just take it?" I told him that wouldn't work because he would have to leave his truck. He sped off.

ChuckJ
That happens a bit when I am in the Range Rover. It's also usually the trucks with jacked up suspension and big tyres that have to prove themselves or something. This sort of behaviour happens mainly on on ramps that funnel 2 lanes into one before merging onto a highway. Every time a guy in his jacked up truck tries to cut ahead in these situations, they end up choking on my dust as the supercharged Range Rover has a 5L supercharged V8 throwing out 510HP and a zero to 60 times in the low 5s mark.

Originally Posted by porsche42
See that all time here in the Northeast, but I also see alot of thumbs up. I think it has do with what they are driving a POS, and you have a Porsche and their GF/wife might says someting nice about your car which set them off. I just ignore that crap as I blow by them.
Never had any negative responses til yesterday. I learnt a long time ago that if someone has an issue with what i have or how I live my life, it's their problem, not mine. Axxholes like that guy will always be miserable c$&?5ts, no matter what, so best to ignore them.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
WLW@RSC is infamous around these partsWLW@RSC is infamous around these parts
A couple weeks ago a friend was walking out to his brand new Maserati Quattroporte and watched a cart boy at a grocery store push a cart as hard as he could across the lot right into the drivers side door. I'm fine with the haters just please don't damage my car

Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WLW@RSC
A couple weeks ago a friend was walking out to his brand new Maserati Quattroporte and watched a cart boy at a grocery store push a cart as hard as he could across the lot right into the drivers side door. I'm fine with the haters just please don't damage my car
It's so unfortunate that we are seeing more of this sort of behaviour in the US. This sort of thing used to mainly happen in other more green eyed cultures.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM
OK my American friends, the following below illustrates the fundamental difference in attitude that differentiates MOST Americans from the rest of the world:

In America, when a regular working Joe walks past a mansion, he thinks to himself, "one day, if I work my butt off and make it, I can live in a place like this!"

In Australia, New Zealand and many other parts of the world where Tall Poppy Syndrome is so widespread that they have a name for it, when a regular working Joe walks past a mansion, he thinks to himself, "who did this axxhole cheat for his money and the next time I see his car, I am going to key it."

That, my friends, is why America is viewed by so many as the land of opportunity and why the best and brightest in the world want to live here.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:33 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
OK my American friends, the following below illustrates the fundamental difference in attitude that differentiates MOST Americans from the rest of the world: In America, when a regular working Joe walks past a mansion, he thinks to himself, "one day, if I work my butt off and make it, I can live in a place like this!" In Australia, New Zealand and many other parts of the world where Tall Poppy Syndrome is so widespread that they have a name for it, when a regular working Joe walks past a mansion, he thinks to himself, "who did this axxhole cheat for his money and the next time I see his car, I am going to key it." That, my friends, is why America is viewed by so many as the land of opportunity and why the best and brightest in the world want to live here.
Things are changing here in the USA at an alarming rate and continue to move in the same direction. You can thank the former community organizer that got promoted to the White House for creating the divide in this country. Look at the ridiculous things that have happened over the past 5 years thanks to him.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by STG958
Things are changing here in the USA at an alarming rate and continue to move in the same direction. You can thank the former community organizer that got promoted to the White House for creating the divide in this country. Look at the ridiculous things that have happened over the past 5 years thanks to him.
Totally agree with you. It's ironic that the same people that voted him in will be the ones that pay the most for his follies.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:56 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
Totally agree with you. It's ironic that the same people that voted him in will be the ones that pay the most for his follies.
I have to respectfully disagree. They won't pay for anything. They'll expect the so called rich, 1%, taxpayers, or whatever label is placed on hard working Americans to pay for their existence.

It's a permanent summer break that never ends without having to ever go back to school or work. Pretty nice isn't it?

Old 06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by STG958
I have to respectfully disagree. They won't pay for anything. They'll expect the so called rich, 1%, taxpayers, or whatever label is placed on hard working Americans to pay for their existence.

It's a permanent summer break that never ends without having to ever go back to school or work. Pretty nice isn't it?
PM sent. If you look at the stats, it was the bleeding heart liberals more than the entitled underclass that won it for him. But we are off on a tangent from the original topic.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:58 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Haters suck. Idiots who will outright damage someone else's property out of jealousy or whatever other perverse reason suck even more.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Slightly different twist, but while cruising on the Dulles Toll Road outside of DC (in the fast lane, going, ah fast), I passed a black Ferrari 458 that seemed like it was on cruise control. Thought nothing of it as I passed. Then all of a sudden the dude started passing people on the right, accelerating with rapid, frequent lane changes until he caught up with me and passed me only to take the same exit as me. As I passed him again, without any effort on a traffic-light filled road, the dude stared at my ride and his son pointed at the 991 with a huge smile. Not sure what that was all about. Hate? Admiration? Perhaps nothing. Eh. Whatever.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Slightly different twist, but while cruising on the Dulles Toll Road outside of DC (in the fast lane, going, ah fast), I passed a black Ferrari 458 that seemed like it was on cruise control. Thought nothing of it as I passed. Then all of a sudden the dude started passing people on the right, accelerating with rapid, frequent lane changes until he caught up with me and passed me only to take the same exit as me. As I passed him again, without any effort on a traffic-light filled road, the dude stared at my ride and his son pointed at the 991 with a huge smile. Not sure what that was all about. Hate? Admiration? Perhaps nothing. Eh. Whatever.
LOL, that's the most blatant case of "flopping it out".

Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Haters