Trouble opening drivers door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 AM
robbieracer is infamous around these parts
Trouble opening drivers door

Last Friday I got my car back from the dealer, they replaced one of my A/C condensers (bolt on highway hit it). They also did a couple service bulletins, reprogram my PDCC, a vacuum line, and I don't recall what the other was (maybe the PCM), anyway the transmission shifts faster from a stop, no hesitation now. I had to re-adjust my clock so something was done.
Anyway, normally after driving and shutting off the ignition I can just open the door with one pull, but on three occasions I pulled the handle 3 times before it opened. Yesterday it worked fine at work and when I got home, but this morning it went back to 3 pulls. The first two pulls seemed like nothing happened except for the window going down/up slightly.
Anyone experience this before?

Old 08-06-2014, 08:03 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Maybe play with the door lock/unlock settings in PCM to see if has any effect - I believe you can change it to lock on ignition start vs. drive off. Maybe something got confused in the software update (since you said you had to reset your clock).

I would definitely get this looked at right away as that's a pretty serious safety hazard.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by stealthboy
Maybe play with the door lock/unlock settings in PCM to see if has any effect - I believe you can change it to lock on ignition start vs. drive off. Maybe something got confused in the software update (since you said you had to reset your clock).

I would definitely get this looked at right away as that's a pretty serious safety hazard.
I looked around in there, but only saw an option for "drivers door" or "all doors", I'll have to look again...

Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Spoke to service advisor and he thinks the car reverted back when the battery was disconnected. Said it's a 5 minute job, so will take it in later today...

Old 08-06-2014, 11:20 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
RobbieR,
How did you know that a vacuum line needed to be replaced?
Thx

Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by dux
RobbieR,
How did you know that a vacuum line needed to be replaced?
Thx
It was a service bulletin, I have the invoice at home and can provide more info later.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:28 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robbieracer
It was a service bulletin, I have the invoice at home and can provide more info later.

I know why dux asked, and I am very interested as well. Any more info on this would be fantastic.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
won't be able to get into the dealer until tomorrow or Friday for the reprogram of the doors, but here's a list of things they did:
Complete WE02 per TSB - reprogram instrument cluster and code to factory settings
Product Update WE07 - Replace cover for door arrester
Complete WE12 per TSB - Install updated vacuum hose to sport exhaust actuators (part # 000-043-209-37 vacuum line)
Complete WE18 per TSB - reprogram PDCC control unit

Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
"Inner-resting" as some might say.
What year is your car?

Thank you very much...

Old 08-06-2014, 02:45 PM
It's a 2012.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:57 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
My sport exaust has not been sounding very 'sporty' lately. Almost no pops and burbles. It is a deeper tone then when it's off though. Was thinking of calling the dealer. Could it be related to this vacume line? I have a 2013.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:03 PM
dux
Originally Posted by CO997
My sport exaust has not been sounding very 'sporty' lately. Almost no pops and burbles. It is a deeper tone then when it's off though. Was thinking of calling the dealer. Could it be related to this vacume line? I have a 2013.
Your change over valve is probably gone.
When they fail they won't throw an error code.
Numerous threads regarding the death of PSE and this (PCNA) known issue with these valves.

Apparently this $40 part is not worth replacing on their flagship product..

Take it in and get it covered under warranty.

RobbieRacer - Thanks again for the info.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 PM
dealer fixed my car yesterday, turned out to be the door cable came out of the latch to the handle. Not sure why it was intermittent, but it's fine now...

Old 08-10-2014, 04:24 AM
mrchua is infamous around these parts
Weird. It shouldnt work at all