Problem connecting 991 home link and Hormann SupraMatic garage door operator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:29 PM
7and911 is infamous around these parts
Problem connecting 991 home link and Hormann SupraMatic garage door operator

Pressed buttons 1 & 3 together and code is clear. Then pressed button 1, light flashes, so now have 5 minutes to connect home link....

With garage door electricity off, tried pointing the garage remote to the right hand-side of the bumper, no luck. Tried pointing to the left hand-side of the bumper, again no luck.

Tried putting the garage door operator into learning mode but again not connected....

Garage operator manual is useless.... Anyone connected his 991 to Hormann Supramatic and can help please?

Thank you

Old 08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I do not have that brand, but I was successful linking by clearing code in car, putting garage door opener to learning mode, pressing Homelink button in the car that you want to link to (1,2,or 3) within 30 seconds. The learning mode light in garage should go from blinking to steady if link is made. If light on garage opener is steady, hit the Homelink button in the car again. If link is not made, try again by starting all over again. I remember that I had to try 3 times before it finally took. Hope this helps. Good luck! PS - engine should be on.

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 08-19-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: left out a step
Old 08-19-2014, 06:58 PM
firstkill is infamous around these parts
different brand, but I found it works fine just programming the remote from inside the cabin.

Do you have a "learn" button on the garage opener machine on the back?

1. clear the home link as you suggested.
2. program the button. Hold down button of the garage remote in the cabin pointing to the front of the car. Hold down button in car. I think the LED goes from slow blink to a fast blink. Once that conversion is done, you can release both buttons. (remote control and the in-car one)
3. press the "learn" button on the garage opener unit. Likely will need a ladder or a stick to reach it... don't try to park you car under it.
4. press the button that you just programmed in the car (many times) until the garage opener learns it and the car can control the garage unit.

done.

fk,

Last edited by firstkill; 08-19-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:10 PM
97c2s993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
PS - engine should be on.
Engine does not have to be on to learn the remote.
Engine does have to be on however to open and close the garage door.
Just wanted to clarify...

Old 08-20-2014, 02:47 AM
7and911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I do not have that brand, but I was successful linking by clearing code in car, putting garage door opener to learning mode, pressing Homelink button in the car that you want to link to (1,2,or 3) within 30 seconds. The learning mode light in garage should go from blinking to steady if link is made. If light on garage opener is steady, hit the Homelink button in the car again. If link is not made, try again by starting all over again. I remember that I had to try 3 times before it finally took. Hope this helps. Good luck! PS - engine should be on.
Thank you for the helpful hints will try this...

As for engine on, I thought the ignition key should be in position 2 (pre-start position) but the engine itself should be off....?!?!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:43 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by 7and911
Thank you for the helpful hints will try this...

As for engine on, I thought the ignition key should be in position 2 (pre-start position) but the engine itself should be off....?!?!
You may be correct